Boris to be ousted?

HoylandOwl

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

A vote of no confidence to potentially be announced later.

Im far from into politics, but I say thank fuck for that.

It has been announced. Turkeys voting for Christmas within the Tory party. Quarter of them wouldn't have been elected but for Johnson. 

Waste of time calling for one now. When he wins (and he will) then another one can't be called for a year. 

If they wait till the beginning of July then there's two bi-elections to come in current conservative held seats and Labour are expected to take Wakefield and Lib Dems might take Tiverton, which has been Tory since God was a boy. 

If they lose those two then more Boris backers might begin to think again, in regards to their own seats if Boris is still there come the next general election 

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Waste of time calling for one now. When he wins (and he will) then another one can't be called for a year. 

If they wait till the beginning of July then there's two bi-elections to come in current conservative held seats and Labour are expected to take Wakefield and Lib Dems might take Tiverton, which has been Tory since God was a boy. 

If they lose those two then more Boris backers might begin to think again, in regards to their own seats if Boris is still there come the next general election 

Boris won't be there come the next election.

Now is not the time to be changing Prime Ministers.

The thought of Starmer and his merry band of lefty loons appals me, so Boris has to go at some point before May 2024.

He will win but here is hoping the lying self entitled **** doesn't or more that it causes him enough pain to do the honourable thing .......... oh wait no chance of that 

As someone inclined to vote Tory it is always re-assuring that the reason I didn't at the last election is coming to fruition - namely Boris 

And aside from that correct call, i have to say its fairly personal for me. Having lost both parents during the pandemic - neither covid - but I will say the fucking compromises we as a family had to and willingly complied with for the common good. I can promise you if you have had to listen into a phone call where your Mum was given a terminal diagnosis, because it only one relative allowed, it being suggested I wait by the lifts in the Hallamshire to at least see her because I was not allowed on the ward, the restrictions on her funeral numbers, the musical chairs inside on the day, the lack of a wake. 

Not going into my Dad's house for a year to protect him, then not being allowed to go into the hospital until the 11th hour

I promise you it doesn't half impact the thinking of how you feel about him, but its the fucking arrogance and lack of humility about what he actually did

He thinks he has a sort of divine right to rule, sadly he will do anything to achieve that. Some of the considerations about changing our democratic checks and balances are shocking really. The first steps to fascism and folk are blind to it 

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Might not be long left of his inglorious reign 

Even if he loses another confidence vote It would need a prominent Conservative to kick start a leadership coup and I don't think Sunak and Javid resigned for that reason. 

Johnson's delusionality will make him think he's still Churchill and he can ride through this but it'll end either as the last days of Thatcher or Hitler's last days in his bunker. 

However it goes, Carrie will now be looking for a suitable house in a tax haven where Boris can't be pulled back to answer any charges related to Brexit enquiries. 

If there's a change of leadership then Labour will push for a snap general election. 

11 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Even if he loses another confidence vote It would need a prominent Conservative to kick start a leadership coup and I don't think Sunak and Javid resigned for that reason. 

Johnson's delusionality will make him think he's still Churchill and he can ride through this but it'll end either as the last days of Thatcher or Hitler's last days in his bunker. 

However it goes, Carrie will now be looking for a suitable house in a tax haven where Boris can't be pulled back to answer any charges related to Brexit enquiries. 

If there's a change of leadership then Labour will push for a snap general election. 

What the fuck are you on about now?

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

If he doesn’t resign within 24 hours they’ll change the rules to have another confidence vote which will be completed before summer recess.

Long overdue this 

The Tories want a second referendum? How dare they subvert the will of the parliamentary party!

84E54AA4-06C7-4E87-87F5-56BBD3A3DA87.thumb.png.7a845c1d83ef0b2d6c9a7b9be510b102.pngThey've both been after him since last winter when he refused to listen to them both over lockdown.

Next thing you know pictures and info about Partygate starts coming out and media ramped it up (despite knowing about them at the time...)

The bloke gets caught in a lie so often it’s embarrassing.  There’s been Tory PMs I couldn’t stand, but none I had such little respect for.  Joke, scumbag, piece of shit.  Even a majority of Tory voters now think he should resign.

• Like 1

Whilst I agree that a lot of Conservative voting people are now reconsidering if Johnson is the right person, why do labour voters, and Labour MPs, always think it's acceptable to call him, and other Conservatives, scum?

Lowest form of debate. 

Edited by Skamp

58 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Maybe, @Skampbecause it's only Tories that 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-61507560

err.... whoops

Has the Labour leader been told about this, then given him another role, then lied about being told about it when he sexually assaults repeatedly at a later date, only to remember when it's stated by multiple sources that he was told?

Ms A’s lawyers are also looking to claim against the Labour Party to whom she complained about the sexual harassment she was suffering, and who she believes did nothing to help or protect her. Co-conspirators may recall that the then Shadow Minister Kate Hollern had to quit Starmer’s front bench following testimony made to the employment tribunal that she tried to intimidate a witness as part of a cover-up.

Tory MP Andrew Bridgen accused Hollern of warning him not to get involved in the harassment case after the parliamentary staffer informed him of allegations of sexual impropriety. In her witness statement Ms A said:

“Andrew Bridgen called me to tell me that Kate Hollern had approached him in parliament and pulled him to one side. Mr Bridgen told me Ms Hollern tried to warn him off from helping me by using scare tactics. Ms Hollern said that many in the Labour Party were of the opinion that Mr Bridgen and I were having an affair and she advised him to keep away from me as it would be a shame if it got out in the papers as he had a lovely wife and new baby – Mr Bridgen told her she was talking nonsense and to go away.”

Hollern, still a serving MP, had to resign after Bridgen gave evidence for Ms A that Hollern tried to intimidate him to dissuade him from supporting Ms A.

Edited by Andyben