Its Make(m) or Break time for the season

So here we go then, just to keep Skamp from having a wobble. Hopefully the penultimate match thread 🙏. Thank fuck for Brexit and the shortage of pineapples🍍 given the importance.

Be a tight game, impossible to call for me. I can see it going to extra time but not sure any of us could cope with penalties 😫

Young un as just gone off to see our play off rivals. He is under a strict instruction if there is a pitch invasion to take out Twine 

• Like 1

I admit I left after extra time against Uddersfield in 2017. I just knew it wasn't going to go well bc of who was left on the pitch. I somehow expected FF to miss

If it goes to pens tomorrow it will depend on who's left on the pitch again if I stay, I know what a snowflake. I just really hate seeing us lose. If we have Gregory, Windass, Johnson, Byers and Bannan on the pitch well piss it, but I somehow suspect at least 2 of those won't be.

As others have said it's a tough one to call and I somehow think it won't be sorted in the first 60mins, although I'm not resigned to extra time either. If the crowd gets behind the team I really do think it could be the difference.

I think with the probable change of Hunt for Palmer the rest will be the same - subject to fitness of course.

If we go one down early-ish we need to stay behind them because I do think we are capable of scoring 3 against them, we did it before, why not again even if it is a playoff semi final. As we saw against Pompey and some of our other games since Christmas the likes of Gregory can score out of nothing.

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Wycombe then if we get through 

Obviously I want us to get to the final but god help us having to play those anti football fookers. 

I get the play to their strengths blah blah blah but kinell it's more than that, it's the antics the time wasting and General poor sportsmanship.

When Wilkinson was in charge we had an honest bunch of hard working footballers that couldn't always compete with the silky skills of some but we didn't resort to the kind of shithousery we see these days - maybe we should, but I don't even recall Wimbledon doing that, just honest to goodness tough tackling, hard running and launching the ball into space.

Whether its us or Sunderland that get to the final I hope the ref gives them no nonsense officiating.

By the way I think on a pitch the size of Wembley with a vociferous support against them (us or Sunderland) I think / I hope they find it's a whole other proposition compared to their win against Oxford.

8 hours ago, Billysboy said:

Should have told your young un to take out vokes🤣🤣

He was unimpressed with the match really or the fact MK lost, done summat right as a parent at least. Mrs MK simply suggested that was good he shouldn't peak on the disappointment too soon, that could wait 24 hours. She was brought up just outside Wycombe so her entire family have a soft spot for em. I can see divorce as my only option if we get through and lose in the final 

....yeah I know, but until we're 8 goals to the good and the pea is rolling in the refs whistle....I refuse to even hum that song......at the moment it's like we've got Everest to climb and we're wearing flip-flops and carrying a tray of drinks.....

Edited by MPB
  • Haha 2

Just now, MPB said:

....yeah I know, but until we're 8 goals to the good and the peacis rolling in the refs whistle....I refuse to even hum that song......at the moment it's like we've got Everest to climb and we're wearing flip-flops and carrying a tray of drinks.....

So you’re saying that’s not possible????

Taking the afternoon off so I can get up there as early as possible. I think the experience of the Huddersfield game has scarred me as I’m not really looking forward to it. I’m sure once I’m on the Kop with the atmosphere building the excitement will kick in. 

I have never been unmotivated for a series of important Wednesday games as I am these.

I was unaccepting of our relegation back into the third division in the first place. It was pretty embarrassing to be honest. And whilst I like what Moore has tried to do over the course of the season in terms of style, I still think that failure to go up automatic is a failure. The playoffs are a lottery.

I do think the team that gets promoted is the winner of our playoff semi. 

• Like 1

A shitstorm of things is why we ended up down here, -6pts not withstanding.....hiring the fraud and allowing him to pollute our squad with absolute shite was the main reason for us going down.....

I'm not embarrassed to be down here at all ....took it in the chin from day one....I do agree that not going up is a failure though....

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

He was unimpressed with the match really or the fact MK lost, done summat right as a parent at least. Mrs MK simply suggested that was good he shouldn't peak on the disappointment too soon, that could wait 24 hours. She was brought up just outside Wycombe so her entire family have a soft spot for em. I can see divorce as my only option if we get through and lose in the final 

Few more quid Wednesday will cost you then🙄

Just had a 15 minute chat with my Sunderland contact at our Durham site. 

He is happy to be 1 up but gutted they did not get a couple more goals.  Said that he is concerned Alex Neil will set up to defend tonight.

Had a bit of a love in for Wednesday and our fans.  Seems to be a lot of that from both sides.

Told him he has first refusal on my hotel for 21st May 😀

As has already been mentioned, the last 20 mins on Friday gave us a bit of hope and you could see them beginning to wobble.....that in itself shows that we need to get at them like they got at us....spitty boy is a wily manager.....he'll know that if they defend it could be suicide.....they might surprise and come at us....which really opens things up....

5 hours ago, MPB said:

....yeah I know, but until we're 8 goals to the good and the pea is rolling in the refs whistle....I refuse to even hum that song......at the moment it's like we've got Everest to climb and we're wearing flip-flops and carrying a tray of drinks.....

I did that when I were a lad. Doddle!   

5 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Just had a 15 minute chat with my Sunderland contact at our Durham site. 

He is happy to be 1 up but gutted they did not get a couple more goals.  Said that he is concerned Alex Neil will set up to defend tonight.

Had a bit of a love in for Wednesday and our fans.  Seems to be a lot of that from both sides.

Told him he has first refusal on my hotel for 21st May 😀

A love in with Sunderland fans?

fuck that, they’re  a reyt bunch of *****

15 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Anyone heading down from the north - just been sent this on twitter.

anyone travelling south on the M1 J37 accident with motorway shut in both directions, check before you leave

Did they send it by carrier pigeon?

25 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

anyone travelling south on the M1 J37 accident with motorway shut in both directions, check before you leave

Just been on radio. Said it's a "police incident". Now stretching back a junction or two in both directions with traffic in the Barnsley and surrounding districts heavilly congested. 

Shades of Cup Final replay.  

22 hours ago, Fat Eric said:

Penalties are the only thing BPF saves, we'll piss it!!

I was nervous as f@#k for 2 days leading up to Friday night, not got any now, big 1st 20 minutes.

Yeah, a penalty shootout is one situation where I’d have confidence in BPF.

38 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Proper chaos

Just been in it all. Diversions sending you thru dodworth silkstone and little country lanes round thurgoland 

Reyt mare ( be a delayed kick off imo) 

Edited by Wawaw