Footy shirt thread 24/25

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Hmmmmm

I mean I wouldn’t choose it but I’m not likely to buy an away kit. If it attracts sales then so be it, I think there are worse kits out there.

Id always go with the yellow shirt or my 2nd favourite the 93 yellow and black stripe.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Id always go with the yellow shirt 

I've not looked at any stats but last season we always, in my mind, seemed to play better when we were in the yellow away shirt instead of that light grey 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Home.

Striped Shirt with black shorts and blue socks.

Away.

Yellow shirt with blue shorts and white socks.

Third

Black shirt. No need for more shorts or socks.

Easy innit...

Edited by Andyben
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Home.

Striped Shirt with black shorts and blue socks.

Away.

Yellow shirt with blue shorts and white socks.

Third

Black shirt. No need for more shorts or socks.

Easy innit...

Pretty much.  Details: 7 stripe always preferred, not 5. Blue socks with black top, (or black with blue top?)  And never with a solid colour or white panel on the back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Pretty much.  Details: 7 stripe always preferred, not 5. Blue socks with black top, (or black with blue top?)  And never with a solid colour or white panel on the back.

...and red numbers always look best on the striped shirt 

• Like 1

Serious question though, do you buy Wednesday shirts? I don't think I've bought one since I was 18. I've had a few as birthday presents but the last time that I wore one was probably Wembley 2016.

I buy the new shirt every 3-4 years depending on when a “good” shirt comes out. The recent yellow away shirt is the only away one I’ve bought.

But generally, I don’t understand the excitement of the new shirt reveal. Fills in a bit of close season boredom, but as long as it’s blue and white stripes (centre blue), I don’t care.

In fact, I’d prefer if we could keep the same kit for several seasons. 

Posted (edited)
On 02/06/2024 at 04:33, tomcore said:

Serious question though, do you buy Wednesday shirts? I don't think I've bought one since I was 18. I've had a few as birthday presents but the last time that I wore one was probably Wembley 2016.

Didn't buy either this year, but that's the first year for a while I've not had either, wasn't keen on either.

Kids generally have one or both, this season he's got home she's got away.

Full shirt wanker to games (and proud).

Edited by Otto_Man
  • Like 1

The Lad usually has both home and away shirt and shorts but curiously never wears the correct shirt and shorts together, last time I bought a shirt was the black shirt with yellow strips with Sanderson on the front, that I think the above mock up is trying to imitate. Think we are long overdue a reboot of the green and white hoops for the away kit, home kit should be blue and white stripes, black shorts and black or blue socks 👍