Pompey bells not chiming…

1 hour ago, MPB said:

Yeah, he didn't look too bad on the lap of honour.....and by the way....his kid is an absolute little diamond...god bless her!

My lad follows Bannan on Instagram and says his Daughter is Wednesday mad and always has Hi Ho Silver Lining playing. 

I know Bannan will be well paid and has his critics but the way him and his Family have taken Wednesday and Sheffield to their heart is fantastic. 

Loved seeing the final lap and struck me what a happy squad it looks. 

• Like 1

He took his goal well (Hirst), as any Half d cent striker should have, it wasn't th hardest,  but you do see them missed.

Whilst he looked ok I though Hutch had the back line marshalled well.

I noticed Dean wasn't walking freely when they did the lap of honour at the end, I suspect he won't make it for Friday and maybe not Monday, but should we make it to the final he must have a chance because there is such a gap of time to the final.

28 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

My lad follows Bannan on Instagram and says his Daughter is Wednesday mad and always has Hi Ho Silver Lining playing. 

I know Bannan will be well paid and has his critics but the way him and his Family have taken Wednesday and Sheffield to their heart is fantastic. 

Loved seeing the final lap and struck me what a happy squad it looks. 

That's what i thought....fair play to Bannan and his family....

2 hours ago, MPB said:

Haha....you know what I mean....

And just on Gregory....MOM doesn't do him justice.....he was everywhere today.....that was a wily old captains performance...best of season.....

Agree best striker performance I’ve seen in aaaaages but for me Byers was like prime Gerrard in midfield. I’ve never seen him with that much drive and aggression and with a goal he was my MOTM 

edit> not sure what his handbags was with their kid at 4-1 up. Summat riled him anyone know? 

Edited by Wawaw

Just now, Wawaw said:

Agree best striker performance I’ve seen in aaaaages but for me Byers was like prime Gerrard in midfield. I’ve never seen him with that much drive and aggression and with a goal he was my MOTM 

Byers has been off it in last few games...post MK....as has Neymarv....but today they got into it....

These two play off games will test the old mettle....

1 hour ago, Wawaw said:

edit> not sure what his handbags was with their kid at 4-1 up. Summat riled him anyone know? 

On the Byers incident...I know the one you mean....i didn't see it but apparently that little twat of theirs lost it...my nephew even got up and effed and jeffed.....

• Like 1

Let's not forget Pompey have been on a cracking run since Xmas, lots of big wins and we've just brushed them aside - first 5 minutes excepted. Into the lottery now, Sunderland are the form team despite not playing well over the last few games. It won't be easy but I reckon we'll beat them over 2 legs. 

I honestly think this is the best draw....take that 0-5 into account...we're a different side since then...we won at a canter at S6 in Sept.....we're going to a big ground...we tend to to do better when it's not a tight arsed ground with the crowd on top...

2 hours ago, MPB said:

On the Byers incident...I know the one you mean....i didn't see it but apparently that little twat of theirs lost it...my nephew even got up and effed and jeffed.....

Hahaha that was funny

i spoke to their lad after… Joe Morrell, Welsh international. He’s a sound bloke. 

9 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

BPF earned his corn later on when Hirst was clean through at the Lep end. Also, for all the flashy looking saves their keeper made, mainly shots near him, the save of the match was from our man. At the time I just said, "goal". It was right in the top corner.  Magnificent save. 

It was great save. I'm not BPF biggest fan but did very well yesterday. You can tell Hirst has improved and has decent quality, the save mentioned above was from a really well struck shot, technically Hirst looks decent. If it wasn't for his "previous" I'd like him here, especially if we didn't go up. 

It won't happen. And, I totally get that.