• Owls 2-1 Win
    • Owls 3-0 Win
    • Owls 3-1 Win
    • Owls 3-2 Win
    • Owls thumping 4 or More by them
    • Draw
    • Sunderland Win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/05/24 at 11:00

How do we think Saturday's game will go then? Thread really about the poll, see how confident we all are.

Danny has taken us on the road 17 times and guided us to 6 wins, no draws in that time.

With wins at QPR and Blackburn Rovers in the last 2 away games , both by a couple of goals, 2 scoring draws at Hillsborough in between then followed up with a resounding 3-0 thumping of W.B.A in the last game, we should be heading to Sunderland with a quiet and real confidence of coming away with another positive result and finishing the season 6 games unbeaten also.

We couldn't be travelling there at a better time, Sunderland with 3 losses and 2 draws in their last 5 games at Home and managing only 1 goal in that time.

I'm going Owls for the 2-1 win.

giphy - 2024-04-30T180828.023.gif

giphy - 2024-04-30T174917.288.gif

giphy - 2024-04-30T175423.208.gif

Just now, bradowl said:

Only had the one draw away this season at Leeds so well over due another one. 

I just hope one if not both of the two teams below us are getting soundly beaten so we aren't shittin our sens. 

FWIW I think it’ll be a draw too.

Was speaking to a Mackem work colleague at our Durham site yesterday and he says we are nailed on for a win with how they have performed since they got rid of Mowbrey.  Said they have a lot of younger players in the team not ready for the Championship and they can't score, defend or create anything !  So 3-0 to Sunderland then.

He likes Wednesday so said he was happy for Luke O'Nien to play in goal on Saturday. 

Rumour is they want Will Still from Reims as the next manager but would cost £5m compensation unless they waited til this summer, others are linking them with Röhl

20 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Rumour is they want Will Still from Reims as the next manager but would cost £5m compensation unless they waited til this summer, others are linking them with Röhl

Seeing as that recent financial breakdown video has Steve Bruce's compo at £6.5m, Still will be the cheap option.

6 hours ago, Reesh said:

Still was interviewed before they appointed Beale but the compensation put paid to the appointment. 

Cifuentes is also in the running and although he's said he'd prefer to stay in London if he doesn't get what he wants out of QPR then he'll be leaving. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Still was interviewed before they appointed Beale but the compensation put paid to the appointment. 

Cifuentes is also in the running and although he's said he'd prefer to stay in London if he doesn't get what he wants out of QPR then he'll be leaving. 

Latest rumours is Rene Maric to Sunderland.

• Like 1

If compensation stopped Still I suspect(hope!)  the same applies to Rohl unless it’s the same situation ie a compensation /release clause reduction in the summer but I’d guess the most likely trigger for that would be L1. 

Another issue was how many coaches a manager wants as I understand Beale also got the job as he was one of the few willing to work with Dodds and the current backroom team rather than bring their own people in. Rumour in Sunderland is that the manager gets announced shortly after the last game 

22 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Was speaking to a Mackem work colleague at our Durham site yesterday and he says we are nailed on for a win with how they have performed since they got rid of Mowbrey.  Said they have a lot of younger players in the team not ready for the Championship and they can't score, defend or create anything !  So 3-0 to Sunderland then.

He likes Wednesday so said he was happy for Luke O'Nien to play in goal on Saturday. 

O’Nien. What a whopper he is… 

‘oh it’s so funny that he jumped on someone’s back when they threatened to breakaway’ or ‘his handball recently on the halfway line that stopped a certain attack’…

Bugger off. 🤣

3 minutes ago, olblueties said:

I admire the confidence of the poster going for us rattling 4 or more by them.

It'll be like the Portsmouth last game a couple of years ago, they'll have a go at the start, but as soon as we score, they'll just pack up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

It'll be like the Portsmouth last game a couple of years ago, they'll have a go at the start, but as soon as we score, they'll just pack up.

I feel confident also mate.

We go there and the opposition have little to nothing to play for. Their players have downed tools as our lads are hitting the form of the season.

If we can't feel a degree of confidence on the back of 3 wins and 2 draws in our last 5, ,5 goals scored in our last 2 away shipping only 1 and 6 goals in our last 2 games in general, I'm not sure when we will. Not misplaced confidence here either looking at our results.

16 minutes ago, olblueties said:

I admire the confidence of the poster going for us rattling 4 or more by them.

That was me. I just had a dream the other night where it was 6-0. 

Mind you I had a dream last night where Chansiri had sacked Rohl and announced it the morning of the game… so 

a) I would prefer to be completely wrong on both counts 

and b) I need to get out more 😂

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, NomadOwl said:

That was me. I just had a dream the other night where it was 6-0

Mind you I had a dream last night where Chansiri had sacked Rohl and announced it the morning of the game… so 

a) I would prefer to be completely wrong on both counts 

and b) I need to get out more 😂

Dreamland to a nightmare scenario, glad I don't live in your head. 🙂

Ugbo looking good for his 8th of the season, 3.6 for an any time goal.

Can't get Windass assist, nor is there a goal or assist market to get him in PP. Don't think he's scoring, got a feeling he's assisting one tomorrow.