Can we smash the Potters this weekend?

Which hotel are Stoke stopping at tomorrow night? We could do what Norwich fans did to Ipswich players hotel letting fireworks off all night. 

It worked for them. 😂

Edited by bradowl

On the injured players, DR has just said there’ll be a decision tomorrow if any maybe fit.

Without stating who, he said some maybe back. 

said Poveda’s injury is serious and who knows if he will be back in the remaining 4 games

Some interesting stuff, talking about how he sets up the match plan from a tactical point of view with Powell, and the coaching team. It’s a team decision. 
And, how he then has the plan looked at from a psychological point of view.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

said Poveda’s injury is serious and who knows if he will be back in the remaining 4 games

Just looking back at his injury record and he had on off hamstring and calf issues at Blackpool last season, especially around March/April time. 

Play a couple, miss a couple, and it didn't help that Blackpool brought him back in too soon and he lasted about 20 mins in last game before being sent back to Leeds for treatment. 

Per Staton on X:-

Key message from Danny Röhl today, following the Norwich game & ahead of Stoke: "It's better that we stay together, instead of booing or not really being behind the goalkeeper, this is not helpful. It's better we stay together and we help each other on and off the pitch"

“We should be honest, my style of football is the reason why we have this big opportunity to stay in the league” Danny Röhl on his principles, which he also admits are very adaptable. 

I know we were dire first half the other night but booing the players off at HT (albeit briefly) - barmy.

DR bang on with his second point. Nob 3 rows in front of me was screaming apoplecticly at Danny after the Beadle gaffe and there are/were a fair few sages advising him to cut out the playing out from the back. It will backfire on occasions and look bad but on balance his philosophy is serving us very well. 

Let's have a miracle if Hillsborough atmosphere from the off on Saturday. 

• Like 1

100% on the money as always with his comments. Booing a 19 year old keeper with a bright future will do us no favours no matter how shite it was.

Backing the team will make us play better, it’s that simple. 
The next two games will decide the season and 7k at Blackburn gives us a huge lift.

• Like 4

I’ve said it before, I don’t mind the booing so much when it’s half time/full time. 

But during the game, the sarcastic cheers at Beadle the other night were a joke. I mean, what motivates people to think that sarcastic piss taking, will make a player think, oh, I want to do better for that bloke. Especially a bloody teenager!

Look at what happened in the game in the second half? Yes. We as fans were lifted by the impetus of the likes of Pato/Vaulks/Valentin, but once there seemed a glimmer of hope, the crowd in general supported the team and it lifted the players further and that might have helped bring the point that could be the difference in staying up or not.

I’m not saying be a happy clapper, at everything; I’m saying. Don’t be an odious ****

• Like 4

Looks like a decent size attendance tomorrow. 

North stand just about sold out already, Stoke have sold their allocation of 3,800 so should be around 30,000. 

Screenshot_20240412-094703.png

Edited by bradowl
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I’ve said it before, I don’t mind the booing so much when it’s half time/full time. 

But during the game, the sarcastic cheers at Beadle the other night were a joke. I mean, what motivates people to think that sarcastic piss taking, will make a player think, oh, I want to do better for that bloke. Especially a bloody teenager!

Look at what happened in the game in the second half? Yes. We as fans were lifted by the impetus of the likes of Pato/Vaulks/Valentin, but once there seemed a glimmer of hope, the crowd in general supported the team and it lifted the players further and that might have helped bring the point that could be the difference in staying up or not.

I’m not saying be a happy clapper, at everything; I’m saying. Don’t be an odious ****

It's all hands to the pump now including the fans. We lifted the team v Peterbrough and can/should/must do it again tomorrow. Was like a library from the off the other night first half apart from,as you say, daft reactions from some.

We need to make it intimidating from the start for Stoke.

22 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

On the injured players, DR has just said there’ll be a decision tomorrow if any maybe fit.

Without stating who, he said some maybe back. 

Is Windass available yet ?  We have missed him and be great to see him back in the side at some point.

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:
Per Staton on X:-

Key message from Danny Röhl today, following the Norwich game & ahead of Stoke: "It's better that we stay together, instead of booing or not really being behind the goalkeeper, this is not helpful. It's better we stay together and we help each other on and off the pitch"

“We should be honest, my style of football is the reason why we have this big opportunity to stay in the league” Danny Röhl on his principles, which he also admits are very adaptable. 

I know we were dire first half the other night but booing the players off at HT (albeit briefly) - barmy.

DR bang on with his second point. Nob 3 rows in front of me was screaming apoplecticly at Danny after the Beadle gaffe and there are/were a fair few sages advising him to cut out the playing out from the back. It will backfire on occasions and look bad but on balance his philosophy is serving us very well. 

Let's have a miracle if Hillsborough atmosphere from the off on Saturday. 

I've always found booing to be the most infantile thing I've ever seen or heard adults do.  Individually it just looks and sounds ridiculous.

• Like 1

I mean I sensed the booing wasn't specifically aimed at Beadle - more the entire set up of playing from the back and fucking it up, conceding easy goals. OK the sarcastic cheers maybe more directed but its more thank fuck we have learnt we are more Dog n Duck than Barcelona

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I mean I sensed the booing wasn't specifically aimed at Beadle - more the entire set up of playing from the back and fucking it up, conceding easy goals. OK the sarcastic cheers maybe more directed but its more thank fuck we have learnt we are more Dog n Duck than Barcelona

I don't condone booing or sarcastic cheering towards Beadle as generally think he has the ability to play from the back and will be under instructions to do so. 

Conversely would not be averse to anyone booing the god awful performances of Iorfa, Diaby, Ihiekwe and Famewo in that first half.  Having Professional Footballers being unable to control or pass the strange white thing 10 yards is uncomprehendable. 

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Wednesday sending out a marketing email (I’ve just had it) saying tomorrow is set to be the biggest attendance of the season. 

31,000ish according to OS. 

3,800 Stoke

20,000 Wednesdayites

7,500ish Rotherham Owls, nowt lower. 🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mkowl said:

Hopefully after our come back against Norwich and understanding the significance of the game supporters will be a bit restrained with any booing and be more supportive, notwithstanding if we are 3 down in 20mins that would be difficult.

I really hope Ugbo and Bernard are available to play some part tomorrow. Whilst Poveda would be great to have in the squad a) caution has to be exercised given the way it’s gone for him and b) I’ve a feeling its going to be a 100mph battle which might not be a good idea to play him in if he’s not 100%

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

27 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Hopefully after our come back against Norwich and understanding the significance of the game supporters will be a bit restrained with any booing and be more supportive, notwithstanding if we are 3 down in 20mins that would be difficult.

I really hope Ugbo and Bernard are available to play some part tomorrow. Whilst Poveda would be great to have in the squad a) caution has to be exercised given the way it’s gone for him and b) I’ve a feeling its going to be a 100mph battle which might not be a good idea to play him in if he’s not 100%

Not 100%?  More chance of him out for the season, by the sound of it. 

31 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

What team selection do you think DR will go with for tomorrow?
I think the goalie is about the only certainty. I think Icky, Bannan and Smith are likely but DR shown he will rotate all of them when necessary.

I should think Valentin, Vaulks and Patto will start, Windass, Palmer and Diaby or Musaba to miss out depending on formation. 

• Like 2

It's either 4-3-3 or more likely Palmer drops into the back 3 to allow Pol and Johnson to bomb on. That's the only reason I can think for Johnson coming straight back in as Pedersen hasn't looked too bad when he's been on but is more a solid full back than wing back