Can the Owls make April Fools out of Pubeheads Boro....

41 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

If we go down, I don’t see any scenario at all where Danny Röhl is coach next year.

1. Chansiri will look to blame the coaching staff for this given that, in his eyes, he’s had 35 games to save us.

2. I can’t see that Rohl will want the fun of League One, and his stock will be high enough to get a second division club in the UK or in Germany. He’s largely going to come out of this blameless unless he doesn’t pick up another win this season.

Looking at it another way Chansiri might recognise the impact he's made - not least on the vast majority of fans - and seek to keep him in place for a rebuild in League 1 as he did with Moore. 

Loads of contracts up in the summer(most of which wont be renewed) affording Danny the opportunity of building a team in his own way

Anyway we may well stay up but if not it's  imperative that DC acts swiftly to bring a new man/team in utilising compensation monies as Röhl, allegedly, is contracted beyond this season. Discussions need to be had expediently.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andyben said:

I'd be very surprised if Röhl didn't accept the role with expectation to be relegated and rebuild I'm L1 

We have a good, young base to start a full rebuild from in L1 too.

Only Ihiekwe, Smith and Delgado contracted who are over 30, who will all play a role at that level.

Cadamarteri, Gassama and Musaba v L1 defences will be fun to watch.

We're only a couple of midfielders and a left back away from a decent side with who's still under contract.

4 hours ago, KrolMong said:

If we go down, I don’t see any scenario at all where Danny Röhl is coach next year.

1. Chansiri will look to blame the coaching staff for this given that, in his eyes, he’s had 35 games to save us.

2. I can’t see that Rohl will want the fun of League One, and his stock will be high enough to get a second division club in the UK or in Germany. He’s largely going to come out of this blameless unless he doesn’t pick up another win this season.

True but if point 1 doesn’t happen then I can see Chansiri asking for anyone offering him a job to pay his compensation which is fair enough so it depends if that happens. 

Just my opinion...

But i don't think he would leave (Except for a really good job), i think he will want to try and build something here.

Could be wrong, but so far he hasn't shown any inkling that he would go.

4 hours ago, Theman said:

Can’t see us getting anything out of WBA, Norwich or QPR, now reliant on Udders and Plymouth being worse than us over the next six games 👍

Stunning post yet again.

1 hour ago, MAL said:

Just my opinion...

But i don't think he would leave (Except for a really good job), i think he will want to try and build something here.

Could be wrong, but so far he hasn't shown any inkling that he would go.

I'm more concerned Hansi Flick will get a job at one of Europe's top clubs and want Röhl back as his assistant. 

Bayern, Barca and the victims all deffo looking over the summer. Every chance Man U will be too.

6 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

I'm more concerned Hansi Flick will get a job at one of Europe's top clubs and want Röhl back as his assistant. 

Bayern, Barca and the victims all deffo looking over the summer. Every chance Man U will be too.

I would potentially add Chelski to that list too

11 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Yeah, good points

The reality is even if we stayed in the Championship then I suspect that risk of him going is still feasible, just a lower probability.

You would hope he would not want to be an assistant after getting the main man role. But also that the better managers in recent times have earned their stripes before progressing 

22 minutes ago, Andyben said:

If we do go down it's 75% on him anyway

Well in terms of games played I guess that is mathematically correct.

But tbh I put 100% elsewhere but not using games played as the metric. 

7 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Since Christmas he's probably cost us as many points as Xisco did in his games (if you average out the ppg) 

I concur that Rohl is escaping some of the criticism that has been levelled at predecessors. I mean 12 months ago we were all ripping into Moore for his failures in a season with our highest PPG ever iirc.

He certainly displays tactical weakness in these away games by overestimating the capabilities of the squad.

On balance his appointment is more positive than negative, given the limitations of the players 

• Like 1

It’s very telling that the only away games in which we have got points are when we haven’t conceded. There is a very fragile mentality there that is very difficult to sort out. 
I think DR’s ability to make us competitive in most games does him credit. He is a young coach in his first job and makes mistakes but he will improve, hopefully with us for a while at least. 

So if over the season the PPG is, 1.1 (51pts) then Xisco cost us 8 pts (2 from his 10 games) but Rohl's errors have cost us wins and draws since Christmas which would amount to over 8 points being lost that otherwise would have been attained.

Edited by Andyben

29 minutes ago, Chelters said:

It’s very telling that the only away games in which we have got points are when we haven’t conceded. There is a very fragile mentality there that is very difficult to sort out. 
I think DR’s ability to make us competitive in most games does him credit. He is a young coach in his first job and makes mistakes but he will improve, hopefully with us for a while at least. 

Flat track bullies.

Get into them and they crumble, look great when they're on top though.

DR trying to get them on top early so they don't give up when they get frustrated.

On 02/04/2024 at 11:43, Theman said:

Can’t see us getting anything out of WBA, Norwich or QPR, now reliant on Udders and Plymouth being worse than us over the next six games 👍

Triffic

On 02/04/2024 at 11:43, Theman said:

Four points from the first two of those games.  That post has aged well.  🤨

• Like 1