Can the Owls make April Fools out of Pubeheads Boro....

1 minute ago, Bellsview said:

Can’t string two passes together and just look clueless. Röhl needs to give them a verbal arse kicking at halftime.

Rohl needs to give himself a talking too as well. This formation gives us absolutely no control of the ball, the tactic of playing from the back with players simply having the inability to play it. No connection between the front players.

Piss poor all round

Vaulks is walking a tight rope, it was a clear dive don't get me wrong but to then to continually abuse the official could've easily resulted in a red.

We simply don't have the calibre of players to play out from the back like Rohl wants us to, Diaby gives my heart a nervous breakdown everyone hes on the ball & its laughable trying to watch him dribble the ball....

If we have any of hope of pulling 3 points out the bag, we need Liveda& Gassama on, try & create something for our forwards to get on to.

Makes it worse knowing both Huddersfield & Blackburn are winning.

1 minute ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Not particularly, I just don't have such a giving up attitude with 18 points still to play for after today.

The players have 

I would have a bit more confidence if I could see a bit more drive and determination from them. 

• Like 3

They just don’t look up for it. Clueless and halfhearted 45 minutes of football.

Body language as they walked off at halftime was as though they’d already given up!

Where’s the team spirit and self belief gone? 

This is the first time since our turnaround under Röhl I’ve started to think that we might not get out of this relegation fight. Big 45 minutes coming up for us now! 

• Like 2

You take one snap shot of the game. When we get a corner I don't really bother seeing the outcome as 75% chance it hits the front defender.

The number of piss poor goals conceded at our end from corners or free kicks is pathetic 

4 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

They just don’t look up for it. Clueless and halfhearted 45 minutes of football.

Body language as they walked off at halftime was as though they’d already given up!

Where’s the team spirit and self belief gone? 

This is the first time since our turnaround under Röhl I’ve started to think that we might not get out of this relegation fight. Big 45 minutes coming up for us now! 

It feels like if the chances we create in the first 15-20 minutes don't go in, our confidence slowly drains away.

The Johnson shot

The cross that Musaba just failed to get onto the end of.

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

You take one snap shot of the game. When we get a corner I don't really bother seeing the outcome as 75% chance it hits the front defender.

The number of piss poor goals conceded at our end from corners or free kicks is pathetic 

More like 90%
if we know this is going to happen why don’t we put someone in front of the defender and maybe we’ll get a flick on or a header back to the corner taker 

Just now, holmesfield_owl said:

Not sure why that wasn't a pen to them, looked blatant 

Looked like he just hung his leg out to me, just to make contact with something.

1 minute ago, MAL said:

sunderland Wankers 0 - 4 Blackburn

I watched Blackburn against Ipswich and thought they played well and were unlucky to lose. Looks like they’ve found form when they’ve needed to.

Unlike us!

Well that was utterly awful, a massive kick in the teeth.  All we can hope for is that Bernard’s return from injury causes the “fannying around with it at the back” to generally result in possession retention, and the likes of Poveda and Bannan having a platform to play.  Instead of creating a string of chances for the opposition without them even needing to play well.  

As piss poor as anything all season that. 

This formation simply does not work, meaning as soon as we put Bannan in the 2 in midfield we are doomed to failure.

Given this religious time of year, no need to pay tribute to Moses with the way our defence gets parted.

So Rohl gets criticism from me for today, not only starting with it but failing in the entire match to plug the gaps in there.

I mean I get possession stats are not the be all but when our 35% was basically pissing around with it 15 yards outside our box before losing it. Their 65% was passing it with entire freedom of the pitch.

I mean the players clearly had about 20 Easter eggs each such was the lethargy displayed. I mean that is not acceptable in August it certainly ain't in April and not when there has been 3 days between games.

If there was any demonstration that none of the out of contract players should be offered a new one that was it 

59 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Sort the fucking midfield out FFS

32 minutes ago, mkowl said:

That is horrendous and sums up the entire game. Total failure by Rohl today in not sorting the midfield 70 plus minutes in. 

With who?

Hendrick was wank before his injury and we've been playing a right sided defender in there because we don't have options.  Friday's game showed what we're like without any creativity in the middle and yes Bannan was wank today but there was nothing else. 

The only way would have been to switch to 4-2-3-1 but that would mean playing a proper left back and for some reason Rohl doesn't fancy James. It would also mean Bannan having to hold position in front of the middle two and he just can't do that and Windass isn't fit enough yet. 

That was absolutely atrocious. After about 20 mins. They looked as edgy as we did early on, especially when Johnson had that chance which clipped the bottom of the post. 

Despite their opener having a slice of fortune, it was coming. For about 5 mins at least before it we dropped off, were awful in possession, and that attempt at keeping possession from the GK that led to their corner summed it up. 

While it's not over. It just feels that way tonight. A better side than Boro absolutely tears us a new one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

With who?

Hendrick was wank before his injury and we've been playing a right sided defender in there because we don't have options.  Friday's game showed what we're like without any creativity in the middle and yes Bannan was wank today but there was nothing else. 

The only way would have been to switch to 4-2-3-1 but that would mean playing a proper left back and for some reason Rohl doesn't fancy James. It would also mean Bannan having to hold position in front of the middle two and he just can't do that and Windass isn't fit enough yet. 

Put 3 in there, plug the gaps at least. We were totally overwhelmed in there. Crap option but stick Palmer in there

Don't play luxury players in Gassama and Musaba.

This set up simply does not work in away games. Even worse that really should have been 4 or 5 Nil. They finally got a penalty but there were 2 others we would have called the conspiracy police about.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing, same set up and expecting a different outcome. Rohl deserves a lot of criticism today for the set up to start with and thereafter a failure to change it.

When I can see it 15 mins in, the commentators can see it, what do we pay analysts for because it seems they fucking can't 

• Like 1