yer not from round here yer from

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, mkowl said:

There is an handball as well, Rotherham defender goes to ground, hits his hand above his head 

My mate's lad went absolutely beserk over that for about a minute. It was right in front of where we were stood, just a few rows back.  

I don't think he was impressed.   🤯  He'd only just calmed down, (very slightly), from the disallowed goal. 🤬

2 hours ago, Theman said:

Us , Millwall and QPR pushing for the play offs 👍

Well, last 6, we've got 12 pts.

QPR have 13 so you have a bit of a point.

Millwall however have 6 so not a strong argument.

Edited by Lee
Added

7 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

What a manager and what a team. Since the 4-0 against Udders we've played 5, won 4 and the one loss... Leicester away 😮

Bizarrely and sadly we basically need to do that again, another twice. This division is so extraordinarilly competitive this season that we daren't ease off at all.  And the injured players who are just starting to return to fitness are an absolute godsend.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Bizarrely and sadly we basically need to do that again, another twice. This division is so extraordinarilly competitive this season that we daren't ease off at all.  And the injured players who are just starting to return to fitness are an absolute godsend.  

5 wins Owling, 50 points.

Should be enough, a couple of draws on top nails it IMO.

TBH I said a few weeks back that I thought 48-51 would be needed but I really do think it will be 50 minimum now.

The threshold is going to be higher to stay up as Rotherham have collected so few points.

10 minutes ago, Lee said:

5 wins Owling, 50 points.

Should be enough, a couple of draws on top nails it IMO.

TBH I said a few weeks back that I thought 48-51 would be needed but I really do think it will be 50 minimum now.

The threshold is going to be higher to stay up as Rotherham have collected so few points.

Lee, I much look forward to you being proved right in our case.  Would I be right in assuming that it would need to be a targetted 50 points, including taking the points off our direct competitors at the bottom?

I think the points total needed will be high this year. As a point of comparison, is there a source for the table in the 2012/13 season at this stage of the season? I think that was the highest total we’ve seen in recent times at 54/55 points and it would give an idea of how far we are away from that. 

If there isn’t anything then I’ll knock something together in Python, but just not tonight. 

45 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

I think the points total needed will be high this year. As a point of comparison, is there a source for the table in the 2012/13 season at this stage of the season? I think that was the highest total we’ve seen in recent times at 54/55 points and it would give an idea of how far we are away from that. 

If there isn’t anything then I’ll knock something together in Python, but just not tonight. 

Okay, so curiosity got the better of me. The below is how the bottom of the championship looked after 35 games in 2012/13. This isn't necessarily a table that existed as it's how many points each side had after they played 35 games. Points totals a little higher than today above the relegation zone, but 4th/3rd/2nd bottom very comparable to today. At the end of the season, Peterborough were relegated on 54 points so it's not inconceivable that a similar total could be necessary this time.

Charlton 43

Birmingham 42

Ipswich 42

Blackpool 42

Huddersfield 41

Sheffield Weds 40

Barnsley 38

Peterboro 37

Wolves 36

Bristol City 35

Rotherham were awful. I expected them to come out and make it a scrap, but they were outfought, outrun and outthought. We were comfortable throughout, and our only issue was us not taking our chances.

Defensively, we didn’t have to deal with much. But our midfield and attack caused issues all the way through the game, and that extended to the subs.

We now go into two home games needing at least one win. But, if we play well, we can get something from Leeds.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Rotherham were awful. I expected them to come out and make it a scrap, but they were outfought, outrun and outthought. We were comfortable throughout, and our only issue was us not taking our chances.

Defensively, we didn’t have to deal with much. But our midfield and attack caused issues all the way through the game, and that extended to the subs.

We now go into two home games needing at least one win. But, if we play well, we can get something from Leeds.

I never felt "comfortable" whatsoever at the game.  Missing multiple very good chances in the first half was stressfull, as was the ruled-out goal: we all know what often happens when you miss loads. Then in the 2nd half we stopped playing football and fell to their level of scrapping it out: biff, bang, wallop.  We started giving away free kicks too. (It probably didn't help the anxiety levels that we were stood low down and just to the left of the 6 yard box: it felt like we were under threat, too!  Feels much 'safer' in row 36!) In passing, a brilliant clearance by Bannan from near the goal line, 2nd half. Don't know if it was on target but it felt like it was at the time!                            Thankfully Danny rang the changes and our subs wanted to play football again, superbly so for the goal.  (One black mark for Baz: when we were trying to manage the game at the very end, he kept giving them the ball back!)  

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Ronnie Moore was on Radio Sheffield commentary and his post match summing up was very scathing. No fight, no bottle, no passion in a local derby. They looked like they were just there to pick up the wage. Not a team he recognised as a Rotherham team.

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Ronnie Moore was on Radio Sheffield commentary and his post match summing up was very scathing. No fight, no bottle, no passion in a local derby. They looked like they were just there to pick up the wage. Not a team he recognised as a Rotherham team.

Fuck him the bent scouse fucking prick.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

I never felt "comfortable" whatsoever at the game.  Missing multiple very good chances in the first half was stressfull, as was the ruled-out goal: we all know what often happens when you miss loads. Then in the 2nd half we stopped playing football and fell to their level of scrapping it out: biff, bang, wallop.  We started giving away free kicks too. (It probably didn't help the anxiety levels that we were stood low down and just to the left of the 6 yard box: it felt like we were under threat, too!  Feels much 'safer' in row 36!) In passing, a brilliant clearance by Bannan from near the goal line, 2nd half. Don't know if it was on target but it felt like it was at the time!                            Thankfully Danny rang the changes and our subs wanted to play football again, superbly so for the goal.  (One black mark for Baz: when we were trying to manage the game at the very end, he kept giving them the ball back!)  

It is interesting on the subs, I agree we weren't playing football in the 2nd half but in my mind I questioned what Rohl was doing to address that. The commentators equally "reserved judgement" then 5 minutes later we scored with a cracking team football goal. And saw the game out reasonably well. 

Daft with Moore I always thought the subs came on with no game plan how to use them.

With Rohl not the case in the main.

To go back to the goal, I love that type. Looks simple but far from it and the difference a proper team move where for a long time its seemed to need more individuality. 

21 hours ago, mkowl said:

So basically mid 60s points over the course of a full season. 1.33 points per game.

Need to at least match, indeed way it's going over achieve that in the last quarter of the season 

Since the November international break, which was Röhl’s first real chance to work with the players without immediate results pressure, it’s been 29 points from 19.  That would be 70 points if replicated across a whole season.

1 minute ago, Snap said:

It certainly was, taking Poveda off and sticking Iorfa on who assisted the goal was a brilliant bit of thinking. Just a shame he didn't set up like that and bring Poveda on for the second half. We'd have battered them then.

Look you were wrong stop talking shit and clean your slaver stained t shirt and eat your mushed up bananas before nap time.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

If it hadn’t been for Ike Ugbo

We’d be down a long time ago

Where did he come from

Where will he go

Score some more Ike Ugbo

😂😂😂😂 that’s tickled me that 

How did the garden party you threw last night for all your neighbours go, Hap?  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Owling_Wolf said:

How did the garden party you threw last night for all your neighbours go, Hap?  

I kept my head down don’t want my car burning out or shite chucked at my windows 😂😂😂 neighbour is a wednesdayite anyway we are everywhere 

Loved how we just managed the game out easily at the end. They didn't cause any bother, no stress, can't even remember them having a shot on target. 

We could have, and hardly should have been out of sight by half time. BUT. Bravo to DR again for spotting the change that he thought was needed that came to fruition very quickly, exactly as he thought it would. 

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

No, but a bucket to collect their tears overflowed within minutes of full-time.

Be the only fucking bucket Wednesday fans will wish to help them fill again.

Twice they stood outside Hillsborough, and twice we chucked in.

Fuck 'em.

Fucking fuck the fucking fuckers.

• Like 1