Anyone collect old fanzines

47 minutes ago, cheat said:

No Cheats?

Or did you decide they were too good to part with? 😁

No mate, I just used to buy the first one I came across outside the ground, you obviously were never in the correct strategic position🤔

Edited by The Sentinel

3 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

i had absolutely loads of them all and sold them on ebay a few years ago

they were bought by a QPR fan who said they looked interesting

I'll get one of my daughters to put them on see if they sell, if not they'll be going in the recycling bin 😢

8 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Spitting Feathers and OoTB - W Martin Lee = Legend!

(Can't remember whether he contributed to AVFTEB or not)

Wouldn't be surprised if it was his letter slating Dave Richards for only wanting to stay in the Prem.  Was he from Worcester?

51 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was his letter slating Dave Richards for only wanting to stay in the Prem.  Was he from Worcester?

The idiot supporters usually aren't from Sheffield so I'd tend to agree...

Not @EastCraigsOwlbtw just to clarify. 100% respect for him 

Edited by Andyben
  • Haha 1

On 26/02/2024 at 12:08, The Sentinel said:

Having a clearout and came across this lot. Any offers?

14x Out Of The Blue

6x War of the Monster Trucks

6x Spitting Feathers

3x Dink

1x A view from the Eastbank

image0.jpeg

No -Just Another Wednesday- ???   All that sweat on 12 hr nights dreaming up scenarios for the thick heads from the Heeley Red Lion. Getting quite emotional now.😥

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tarquin1867 said:

No -Just Another Wednesday- ???   All that sweat on 12 hr nights dreaming up scenarios for the thick heads from the Heeley Red Lion. Getting quite emotional now.😥

I used to know quite a few that played football for them a lot of years ago, some decent players. 

• Like 1

On 26/02/2024 at 13:19, The Sentinel said:

No mate, I just used to buy the first one I came across outside the ground, you obviously were never in the correct strategic position🤔

Looking closer at your picture and I think by those dates Cheat might have finished.

4 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Spitting Feathers and OoTB - W Martin Lee = Legend!

(Can't remember whether he contributed to AVFTEB or not)

He passed away a few years ago. There was a nice tribute written by his son in WOTMT when it made a paper return pre-covid.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, MAL said:

I used to know quite a few that played football for them a lot of years ago, some decent players. 

Dan Gordon and his dad were the Editor/ owners .  Dan is now  successful film producer /director who has done great work such as the Koreans of 66, where are they now . 

On 27/02/2024 at 20:07, Skamp said:

I shall read that when I've got more time. I just happened to spot the address in the brewery ad: Lion Works, Mowbray St.  My late dad worked there for 42 years, only being away for his army service during World War 2. John Bedford & Son, Lion Works.  Needle file makers amongst other things.  They eventually went bust when the American space programme ceased and in more recent years it's been great to see diverse small companies open up in their renovated factory site, just across Ball Street bridge from Kelham Island. 

• Like 1