Fed to the Lions Den

3 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Yet nothing been said - unless I've totally missed it AB....

Mentioned on commentary by Staton, inferring what must have happened as the ref came over to the benches to say summit

1 minute ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Classic!  I missed the first goal having a pee. Mate missed 2nd goal having a pee.

Anyone know how to set up sponsorship opportunities?  😎

The fact that Musaba took 37 players on before crossing the ball 

• Haha 1

That was a gritty old win in the end. We were always going to be on the back foot 2nd half, part of me just wanted us to keep playing football but the end result justify the means. I wouldn't like to have conceded though.

Week off now to re-group.

Though I would give Fletcher a one way ticket to some where far away. 

That was a set up where I think Rohl has now learned how to set up away from home, but with a bit of coaching cleverness thrown in.

We went 4-3-3, to 4-4-1-1, to 3-5-2, to 4-2-3-1 on the fly. Palmers job was to play centre to right and give Pol freedom. Vaulks was there to interrupt in the middle of the park. Bannan had a defensive job, but was given a free role. Poveda had to help Pol out when Palmer tucked in and Musaba alternated between 10 and 11 all day.

The key was defensive solidity. Don’t let the gaps appear, stop midfield players affecting the game 20 yards out and let our runners cause issues. And they did. More important, don’t worry about Millwall having the ball 40 yards out because they don’t have the pace our guile to do us if we block holes.

Defensively good today. But it was how we sprang that was more pleasing. We constantly won the ball 40 yards out and had Poveda, Ugbo, Musaba and at least one full back ahead of the ball today.

Second half, we just needed to keep shape. And we did, Ihiekwe is a player who is good in his own 18 yard box and he attracted a lot of ball today. Bernard was good, Vaulks was good, Palmer was good. And then Bannan and Musaba were very good today as was Ugbo.

That is the way we line up every week away from home. Two more defensive midfield players, both attacking full backs and Bannan given freedom with the ball.

Millwall are a mess though.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Snap said:

The sponsor stuck on the front of the shirt looks tinpot. Get them bought up, they'll be a collectors item in 20 years.

Ashley Fletcher obviously fancies a few match days off, Rohl needs to make sure he's in for training on those days.

No apologies for saying it, Palmer and Bannan were massive again for us. I was worried when Bannan went down. Slide rule pass from Bannan for that Musaba goal.

Musaba and Ugbo looked great. Rohl has maybe realised Musaba and Gassama don't work at the same time when we're up against it, Gassama's tracking back is half hearted at best.

Great result, but we needed it looking at some of the other scores. Brum and QPR i'm thinking about.

Shut up you thick ****.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

That was a gritty old win in the end. We were always going to be on the back foot 2nd half, part of me just wanted us to keep playing football but the end result justify the means. I wouldn't like to have conceded though.

Week off now to re-group.

Though I would give Fletcher a one way ticket to some where far away. 

Needs to use his loaf more.