Jump to content

Fed to the Lions Den


mkowl

Recommended Posts

Seen it before at Millwall, the more genteel section of the Wednesday away fan base and I suspect a few with younger kids declining the opportunity.

Saying that the 13 league defeats on the road may just sap the mo jo a tad as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mkowl said:

Seen it before at Millwall, the more genteel section of the Wednesday away fan base and I suspect a few with younger kids declining the opportunity.

Saying that the 13 league defeats on the road may just sap the mo jo a tad as well

Agree, their old reputation still proceeds them, they still try to live on past reputation but the new dens like going to kiddies corner compared to coldblow lane.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Right...... Here's our head to head record v Millwall and some other 'bits'.

Wednesday wins - 19

Draws - 16

Millwall wins - 18

Our last trip to Miwwaaawwwww wasn't the best... 6th Feb 2021..

After going into an early lead courtesy of Callum Paterson, we then conceded 4 goals.

SWFC Team: Westwood, Palmer (Shaw 59), Penney (Harris 45), Lees, Dunkley, Hutchinson (Urhoghide 73), Pelupessy, Bannan, Reach, Kachunga (Rhodes 59) , Paterson (Windass 73). 

Unused Subs: Wildsmith, Borner, Green, Brown.

Let's get the crap stats out of the window..... And hope we break the cycle like every club seems to do against us.

 

In our last 5 games against The Lions....

Wednesday goals for - 1

Goals against - 9. 

Wins - 0

Draws - 2

Losses - 3

Our last win at Millwall

Millwall 1 - Wednesday 3 - Tuesday 24th Feb 2015

After a goalless first half, Wednesday raced into a three goal lead.. McGugan (52), Nuhiu (73), May (83). Before Diego Fabbrini pulled one back for the hosts in the last minute. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Officials for the game as per the EFL

Referee: GEOFF ELTRINGHAM
Assistants: Shaun Hudson and Graham Kane
Fourth Official : Daniel Middleton

Mr Eltringham's record this season.

20 games reffed, 84 yellow cards shown, 1 red.

He hasn't officiated in the middle for us yet this season, so the last time he did was....

The 2-2 Draw away at Ipswich Town last season.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Officials for the game as per the EFL

Referee: GEOFF ELTRINGHAM
Assistants: Shaun Hudson and Graham Kane
Fourth Official : Daniel Middleton

Mr Eltringham's record this season.

20 games reffed, 84 yellow cards shown, 1 red.

He hasn't officiated in the middle for us yet this season, so the last time he did was....

The 2-2 Draw away at Ipswich Town last season.  

Marvin to be sent off for merely breathing near an opponent then 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s got shades of us at Millwall in 05. Us with a young squad, and some senior pros not good enough for the division. Needing a win.

I’ll take the same result as that day too.

It’s a must win. No two ways about, we have to beat all the teams around us to have any hope of safety. Draws don’t do it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is the game for me today. Turn up and bottle it as we did at Huddersfield and we are down.

Turn and and get a very important win and we are in with a fighters chance.

I respect Danny sticking to his footballing beliefs regarding playing out from the back, but our keeper and defenders need to be savvy and brave enough to know when they just have to get rid.

We must not concede first today!!

Come on boys, give yourselves a Hull performance rather than a Huddersfield performance. Take your chances in front of goal rather than rushing or fluffing them. Be confident and take ownership.

Come on you blue and white wizards.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Reesh said:

I'd take another of these tomorrow 

 

 

It’s uncanny in terms of parallels. We played Millwall, needing a win, with 15 games left and we had 30 points.

We are playing them today with 26 points with 14 games left and needing a win, but, with a more favourable remaining fixture list than we had in 05/06.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

It’s uncanny in terms of parallels. We played Millwall, needing a win, with 15 games left and we had 30 points.

We are playing them today with 26 points with 14 games left and needing a win, but, with a more favourable remaining fixture list than we had in 05/06.

After being promoted via a play off final win...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3421. Xisco special.

Better than the 424 we've been playing, the second striker didn't really have an impact previously.

Musaba and Poveda are both pretty good at the defensive stuff, so a solid start with scope to change it from the bench.

Pretty slow at the back, can see a return for Bambo at some point in the game.

Edited by Tewksbury
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

3421. Xisco special.

Better than the 424 we've been playing, the second striker didn't really have an impact previously.

Musaba and Poveda are both pretty good at the defensive stuff, so a solid start with scope to change it from the bench.

Pretty slow at the back, can see a return for Bambo at some point in the game.

Bambo came on at Leicester 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tewksbury said:

3421. Xisco special.

Better than the 424 we've been playing, the second striker didn't really have an impact previously.

Musaba and Poveda are both pretty good at the defensive stuff, so a solid start with scope to change it from the bench.

Pretty slow at the back, can see a return for Bambo at some point in the game.

I hope not!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...