it's no Sjoke, we need at win at the Potteries

Reesh

4 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

D'you know, I'm sure I speak for plenty today when I say that I'd forgotten what the feeling that comes with an away win is like.  I wonder how long this silly grin will last?   😁

Until you wake up in the morning with a banging hangover. 

Then first pint tomorrow and the silly gin will be back 😀

• Like 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NomadOwl said:

6 surely? The point we earned v leicester, the 2 extra points we confirmed v Blackburn, and the 3 we earned today?

… I may have read this wrong 😂 I’ve had a few. Either way Danny Rohl is the fucking man, scoring late goals is always a sign of a team with belief. Can’t wait for the next two transfer windows. 

Point v Leicester =+1

We'd have won 2-1 against Blackburn so 0

Drawing today until the winner therefore +2

• Like 2

An injury time winner always makes you forget the previous 90 minutes thankfully, as it was probably the lowest quality Championship game I have seen 2 sides produce in a long time.

I don't think anything of note happened in the first 30 minutes. I think the ref almost gave the penalty as an attempt to liven up the game. 

We are better for sure, its a starter but let's not pretend, some of the basic errors were appaling yesterday. 

The final word - the home goalkeeper time wasting at 0-0 - that summed it up

Stoke were robust, proper ale house and easily the most direct side we have faced.

In fairness, we coped fine with it defensively, and we won a lot of the seconds.

But, we were pretty dogger when we got the ball. We didn’t move it quick enough, our forwards were largely bystanders and it only really changed when Gassama came on as he offered pace.

The pen is a disgusting decision and there should be repercussions for it. How the ref can miss the absolutely blatant shove is frankly astonishing. Rewards for Cams save but also Bannan reacting first too.

The goal was the only real quality from either side, great touch away and finish from Musaba.

As a note, I think we’ll look better against Norwich as they want to play and our press will allow us to get it back.

The things that still scare me - playing out from the back. 2 of their best chances came from errors on the right side of the box. Potentially lucky on the 2nd another penalty wasn't given. 

I appreciate we have to mix it up but jeez we simply do not have the players that can do it 

23 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The things that still scare me - playing out from the back. 2 of their best chances came from errors on the right side of the box. Potentially lucky on the 2nd another penalty wasn't given. 

I appreciate we have to mix it up but jeez we simply do not have the players that can do it 

Unless we get a proper foil for Cadamarteri, who has pace and power and we can bang it up to, I can understand why we can’t just launch it every time. We haven’t got one player in the squad who can win those physical tussles as a nine.

I think Rohl is more likely to try and bring a defender in who can play a bit alongside Bernard, and try and get forwards in who can press and have goals in them rather than get a battering ram.

4 hours ago, mkowl said:

I was just waiting for the whistle then, breath bated. 

12 hours ago, Beaconowl said:

I don’t think we should underestimate the influence Chris Powell is having on the squad. I like seeing pictures of him right in the mix with the players 

Said after the game that I couldn't believe I was applauding Chris Powell.

Let's hope it's something I have to get used to.

• Like 2