Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse...

Otto_Man

34 minutes ago, Andyben said:

IIRC - the dambusters was purpotedly sang following the Kaiserslautern game but I've always been a wee bit scpetical

It was 5 months  between 2nd leg of Kaiserslautern and Man U at Old Trafford

The time it went off was the following season in the league Cup semi first leg

• Like 2

My memory was that we incorporated the Dambusters theme (the non-we all hate Leeds version) after the Kaiserslautern games into our repertoire; and were still singing it by the time that semi final at Old Trafford came around.

At that game it was a very small burst of it as I think most Wednesdayites thought “hang on we can’t really sing that here”. 

The home leg was a different matter though - it was sung on purpose, but as a reaction to their actions after the first leg.

9 minutes ago, JBO said:

The April 93 game at Old Trafford is nowt to do with it.

It was the League Cup semi there in Feb 94 when the Dambusters stuff kicked off

Exactly so doubt we could use Kaiserslurten as an excuse over 18mths later....

41 minutes ago, cheat said:

My memory was that we incorporated the Dambusters theme (the non-we all hate Leeds version) after the Kaiserslautern games into our repertoire; and were still singing it by the time that semi final at Old Trafford came around.

At that game it was a very small burst of it as I think most Wednesdayites thought “hang on we can’t really sing that here”. 

The home leg was a different matter though - it was sung on purpose, but as a reaction to their actions after the first leg.

I mean I recall that day. We had the entire end behind the goal, but I was sat side where the away fans go these days.

A few at the other side did it fairly early on, it provoked a home fan reaction all round and like you say it was "don't be fucking stupid doing that here" 

Anyway cue 10 minutes to go the stupid element decided to give it another go. WTF.

I said to my mate this is going to be fun. Anyway we just happened to be next to a gangway so straight out on the whistle, but had said to my mate make sure nothing Wednesday related on display, coat fully zipped up, head down, just get to the road blend in and say fuck all. That bit worked, but could hear it all kicking off behind. The down side is we were on the ICO and last part fairly evident we were Wednesday fans. Coppers gave no shits whatsoever. So there was about 6 of us made it back, told the driver to shut the frigging doors. It felt like ages as the ruddy coaches came under attack. We were fortunate as they were parked 3 or 4 abreast and ours was on the inside. Still had at least one window go in and them trying to get in the emergency exit. Eventually the coppers decided they had best intervene and again an age later the rest of the Wednesday fans turned up. My one and only visit to Old Trafford - well I went to rugby league once 

Again ???

I'm not saying there isn't a Black Lace song called Superman. I'm saying it doesn't have Dambusters in it. That's a different Black Lace song called I Am The Music Man.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I mean I recall that day. We had the entire end behind the goal, but I was sat side where the away fans go these days.

A few at the other side did it fairly early on, it provoked a home fan reaction all round and like you say it was "don't be fucking stupid doing that here" 

Anyway cue 10 minutes to go the stupid element decided to give it another go. WTF.

I said to my mate this is going to be fun. Anyway we just happened to be next to a gangway so straight out on the whistle, but had said to my mate make sure nothing Wednesday related on display, coat fully zipped up, head down, just get to the road blend in and say fuck all. That bit worked, but could hear it all kicking off behind. The down side is we were on the ICO and last part fairly evident we were Wednesday fans. Coppers gave no shits whatsoever. So there was about 6 of us made it back, told the driver to shut the frigging doors. It felt like ages as the ruddy coaches came under attack. We were fortunate as they were parked 3 or 4 abreast and ours was on the inside. Still had at least one window go in and them trying to get in the emergency exit. Eventually the coppers decided they had best intervene and again an age later the rest of the Wednesday fans turned up. My one and only visit to Old Trafford - well I went to rugby league once 

That's a hell of a lot of words to describe bottling it!