Managerial Merry-go-round 23/24

I'll start the new thread with this....

According to Fabrizio Romano...

Understand Tottenham have finally reached verbal agreement with Ange Postecoglou as next manager. #THFC Been told it will be a two year-deal with an option included for further season, so potentially valid until June 2026. Next step to get it done: find a way with Celtic.

On 05/06/2023 at 08:28, HoylandOwl said:

I'll start the new thread with this....

According to Fabrizio Romano...

Understand Tottenham have finally reached verbal agreement with Ange Postecoglou as next manager. #THFC Been told it will be a two year-deal with an option included for further season, so potentially valid until June 2026. Next step to get it done: find a way with Celtic.

He's in at Spurs then. 

59 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Speaking with my lad as he has a few Spurs fan mates in the locality. Underwhelmed I think was the keyword

The angst is still more with Levy

Be a tough gig for him, big step up from what is effectively League 1 level at best  

Levy's the most important member of the Spurs 'squad'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Speaking with my lad as he has a few Spurs fan mates in the locality. Underwhelmed I think was the keyword

The angst is still more with Levy

Be a tough gig for him, big step up from what is effectively League 1 level at best  

Can't do much worse than recent appointments. 

What sort of players will realistically Spurs be looking at ?  Maguire, Tielemans, Maddison, Zaha ?

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Be even worse when he brings at least 2 Celtic players with him and Levy sells Kane. 

He's got the temperament to do the job, whether he'll get the tools is another matter. 

On 05/06/2023 at 03:42, Andyben said:

Ange Postecoglou, never been seen in the same room as the Rev

Being in the dark, as I so often am anymore, I've just googled 'The Rev', and my reaction to the result has confirmed both my biggest fear and my greatest ambition:  I have become my father.  

8 hours ago, Skamp said:

Your mate that had a dream. Bring it on.

Leeds would be fully deserving of him. I happened to catch the last 10 minutes or so of the Hull playoff game being repeated on Sky the other day. Salient was Don Goodman stating how we had not laid a glove on them all match. That there was no urgency, a shot of him stood gormless.

I cannot fathom how this character gets such adulation when he fucked up our best chances ever to reach the Premier League 

• Like 1

Gary Megsons' being linked with Leeds?

They're welcome to have him

Still cannot understand why supporters still bang on about Megson and Stuart Gray all the time. It's like they would rather see us play the most boring awful football ever and are happy with going to Stockport County and Cambridge United

Gray got the team into a league position that made us more attractive for a sale. He also laid the foundations for Carlos to enhance in that first season. Nuhiu, Loovens, Hutch, Westwood and Lee's were all his. 

Megson got the team into a position for Jones to kick on. Jones unleashed the flare but I also think the squad mentality and toughness that Megson instilled helped get us over the line. 

Both played functional football but played a part in getting the club to where it needed to be at their moments in time. 

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Gray got the team into a league position that made us more attractive for a sale. He also laid the foundations for Carlos to enhance in that first season. Nuhiu, Loovens, Hutch, Westwood and Lee's were all his. 

Megson got the team into a position for Jones to kick on. Jones unleashed the flare but I also think the squad mentality and toughness that Megson instilled helped get us over the line. 

Both played functional football but played a part in getting the club to where it needed to be at their moments in time. 

Nuhiu and Loovens were Jones signings!

• Thanks 1

He'd get a send off and he'd love every second of it. It would be the only thing he'd be looking forward to all season. 

But the only way he's actually retiring is when he's fitted for a coffin. And just think if that happened at Hillsborough.