Going for a Burton

HoylandOwl

Well, here we are again. Not many of these left now!!!

Anyway.

Our officials this weekend are…..

Referee: WILL FINNIE
Assistants: Steven Rushton and Richard Woodward
Fourth Official : Alan Clayton

Mr Finnie’s record this season…..

28 games officiated, 90 Yellow cards… ONE red.

Last time he officiated us….

Oxford United (a) last season….

Head to Head V Burton.

Wednesday wins 3

Burton wins 3

Draws 2

Last time out at Burton for the Owls

Preview

As Wednesday’s isn’t yet available…. Here is Burton’s match preview.

Also from Burton some ‘trivia’ which I’m sure our stattos on here will try and annihilate!

DM 💬 "I think Dino has brought wonderful stability to the football club. The players know what is required of them. Burton are a former club of mine, a solid club and a hard unit to crack. 

"We expect a tough game in a tight arena." 

DM 💬 "Michael Smith is available which is good. He needed a bit of time but now he's in a better position."

DM 💬 "We have to be ready to be adaptable, these are situations you have to embrace as a manager."

DM 💬 "Michael Ihiekwe is coming along well, he's back in with us now.

"He's in the ascendency and feeling good, as the days go by he is feeling stronger." 

DM 💬 "Fizz is fine, he's trained and is okay. 

"He had a bit of a knock but he's fine and moving well.

"Jack Hunt is still with the medical team and not available yet."

DM 💬 "Marvin's contribution to the team has been good and credit to him.

"His quality and composure means that when he gets into the final third he often picks out the right pass.

"He's shown a level of consistency over the last two years and long may it continue." 

The state of the defending, just embarrassing on all levels

To think that in February/March it was almost impossible to get a shot in against that defence. Now, anyone can score for fun

The second in particular was just pathetic! Flints pathetic attempt at a header and then the rest daydreaming whilst Helm had the freedom of the penalty area to make it 2

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

WTF has happened to us. But Brian Laws 100% spot on, a team that resorts to long ball shit we are serving up doesn't really deserve owt. 

Get the ball down and play. One moment we do that we score 

Playing the Burton way & they are beating us at their game.

Dumb players, with no footballing brains whatsoever fucking ever.

Hence why we're in Division 1.

This is the first time it has looked like the bottle has gone. One or two have shit their pants and are hiding.

Awful first goal to concede. Free header from a corner two yards out. Second goal even more awful from Flint only to then be surpassed by Callum Patersons error for the third.

Puzzled by the ale house tactics when Burton have no midfield. We are banging it back to front, and making it easy for Burtons back four.

Moore has got 45 minutes to save the season. It’s that simple, and by save the season, win the game. 

Just now, KrolMong said:

This is the first time it has looked like the bottle has gone. One or two have shit their pants and are hiding.

Awful first goal to concede. Free header from a corner two yards out. Second goal even more awful from Flint only to then be surpassed by Callum Patersons error for the third.

Puzzled by the ale house tactics when Burton have no midfield. We are banging it back to front, and making it easy for Burtons back four.

Moore has got 45 minutes to save the season. It’s that simple, and by save the season, win the game. 

I am going on the basis Moore has 45 minutes to save himself in being manager of SWFC 

• Like 1

All that work put in to get us to the top of the league, with games in hand.

To then bottle it from a position like that. What a set of spineless, gutless, clueless bastards!

I should have stuck with my gut feeling about Moore as well. It’s lovely to be winning, but it’s what you do when you’re up against it that shows the good managers from the poor - and we’re now seeing the real Darren Moore I’m afraid, he hasn’t a fucking clue how to arrest our slide.

Get him out now and hope the gamble of a new manager works via the playoffs - or get him out at the end of the season and rebuild again for next season, with a blend of youth and experience if possible. The legs and mental toughness has gone with this lot, when both were needed the most - and as we already know, you can’t rely on any of them when it comes to injuries. 

Im absolutely gutted with how this season is ending! It looked so promising for us just a few games ago.

4 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I am going on the basis Moore has 45 minutes to save himself in being manager of SWFC 

He's going nowhere imo, not until the end of the season when we fuck up the playoffs as well.

Losing Byers & Windass killed our momentum massively but it's those the have come in that just haven't stepped up whatsoever.

Bakinson, Dele-Bashiru both awful, I'd rather he have young Rio Shipston a run as the others clearly haven't got the bottle.