Going for a Burton

4 minutes ago, Chelters said:

I’m on holiday the day of the play of final. I wasn’t concerned about it being an issue a month ago and I’m still thinking it won’t be a problem.

I'm same.  Will be in the air while match is on.  Booked it thinking final was 28th or we would be automatic.  Dontbthink I will fd missing anything. 

Don't think I will even bother with Play Off Semi.  

As awful as our defence was today, give some special consideration to Gregory who looks as if he's got George Hirsts' finishing boots from 2021. The target is the goal, not the sponsorship boards.

Bannan also missed a sitter

Adeniran had more mis-hits than a 24+ handicap golfer

The finishing is dreadful. Only one chance fell to Paterson and he took it with a good finish. Some of the others need to go back to shooting practice.

14 or 15 attempts with what, 2 on target? Dreadful

Oh and the long ball direct against a side with no midfield, great tactics that. I thought the Gary Megson era was gone

What got me is twice we actually played a bit of football, we got a goal, then a penalty. Why was 99% of the rest of our game lump it shite.

And it's been like that for weeks. Playing a style that does not suit us. Plays into the hands of the opposition

There simply is no fear to playing Wednesday. I will say the injuries have not helped, we are a tad unfortunate, but if our recruitment focuses on ageing players, injury prone players then you reap it in the end. These players have bottled it, but so as the manager, the owner really doesn't have a fucking clue either.

• Like 1

Bottles gone. They’ve shit their pants due to the pressure coming from teams in form around us. Ipswich - smashing teams. Barnsley - smashing teams. Plymouth, injury crisis but got a very good win away.

Wednesday? One win in 8. Shipping goals left right and centre. Squad players coming in due to injury and bottling their performances. Case in point, Adeniran and Bakinson were dreadful today. They both absolutely hid today. There were some other awful performances too, Flint, Gregory, Johnson.

I’ll repeat, football is about the two boxes. We were shit in both.

Yep, players were poor, but the coach got it wrong today. Ale house football, no press, bypass the midfield? That was a tactic, and it was the wrong tactic. And I don’t get the subs either.

I’m afraid that it’s promotion gone that. We’ve run out of legs, we have key players consistently injured, and we have too many players the wrong side of 29. When our rivals have young, mobile teams. That’s down to Moore.

Is a sacking going to make a difference? Nope. But it’s absolutely necessary that we make a managerial change in the summer regardless of the division we are in, and perhaps accept that we need to rebuild with youth and athleticism rather than players who his legs have gone.

8 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Is a sacking going to make a difference? Nope. But it’s absolutely necessary that we make a managerial change in the summer regardless of the division we are in, and perhaps accept that we need to rebuild with youth and athleticism rather than players who his legs have gone.

Tbh it will make me feel better. What got me in the 2nd half was the body language of our players. I appreciate that Moore can't 100% control that, but equally the players are looking for a bit of drive, enthusiasm, a tactical switch. Something he gives nothing positive when the going gets tough. Proven at the sharp end of 2 seasons now, I will give him the 1st as he was covid impacted.

He is too nice, he is too forgiving, our players won't run through brick walls if injured as he will tell them to get volume

People keep saying Shipston is not ready yet.

But then all we hear after EVERY game is Bakinson - Adiniran - Bashiru were garbage and just stroll the game away.

At least we will get 100% from Shipston, who actually wants the ball and looks to go forward, from the little i have seen of him.

Too late now, but if he gets games now until the end of the season, at least he might be up to speed for the play offs.

But if the manager is going to insist on just lumping it long all the time, what's the point.

DM: "Two first-time contact goals which, when I look back at it, has not been us," the Wednesday boss said. "Whether it's a lapse of concentration, misjudgement of the ball. But to concede straight from a corner and then concede direct from a free-kick just wasn't us 

"The penalty for us came too little too late for us to gain any momentum. As I said to the players, if you don't perform, you can't expect to win. We didn't perform today so how can you expect to win?"

DM: I thought they [Wednesday] started the game well enough but we spoke before about Burton turning the game into a frenzy," said Moore. "What do I mean by that? Throw-in, long throw-in, corner, long-throw, corner, set-play, free-kick, so it caused a frenzy. But you've got to be able to defend that and do it repeatedly. What we failed to do is defend that repeatedly."

I thought they [Wednesday] started the game well enough but we spoke before about Burton turning the game into a frenzy," said Moore. "What do I mean by that? Throw-in, long throw-in, corner, long-throw, corner, set-play, free-kick, so it caused a frenzy. But you've got to be able to defend that and do it repeatedly. What we failed to do is defend that repeatedly."

All we can do is focus on Tuesday. I think if you start looking and going into those dynamics then you're going into realms where you're suspecting things or epxecting things. What you can just do is look to Tuesday. Our thing now, and the main concern, is making sure we perform on Tuesday. Without a performance on it, how can you address some of the issues?

Message to the fans

"They've seen us perform better, it's as simple as that. They've seen us over the course of this season and they've certainly seen us play better and know that we can play better and I think that's the concern really in terms of it and rightly so.

"What can we do now? You can't bring the game back, the only thing we can do is now look to the game on Tuesday.

"Obviously the players in there are quiet and down and sometimes to find the right words now when the game is immediately over and done with, there's a quiet and a disappointment because of it but the opportunity is gone. So what we have to do now is re-group, get back in the morning analyse that. What can we take from it? Maybe we'll get more questions when people have slept on it and then we'll move on to Tuesday."

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, MAL said:

People keep saying Shipston is not ready yet.

But then all we hear after EVERY game is Bakinson - Adiniran - Bashiru were garbage and just stroll the game away.

At least we will get 100% from Shipston, who actually wants the ball and looks to go forward, from the little i have seen of him.

Too late now, but if he gets games now until the end of the season, at least he might be up to speed for the play offs.

But if the manager is going to insist on just lumping it long all the time, what's the point.

Said in another thread that Shipston won't get any more minutes, under Moore, this season unless we're 3-0 up or we rest players against Derby in preparation for the playoffs. 

21 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

DM: I thought they [Wednesday] started the game well enough but we spoke before about Burton turning the game into a frenzy," said Moore. "What do I mean by that? Throw-in, long throw-in, corner, long-throw, corner, set-play, free-kick, so it caused a frenzy. But you've got to be able to defend that and do it repeatedly. What we failed to do is defend that repeatedly."

I thought they [Wednesday] started the game well enough but we spoke before about Burton turning the game into a frenzy," said Moore. "What do I mean by that? Throw-in, long throw-in, corner, long-throw, corner, set-play, free-kick, so it caused a frenzy. But you've got to be able to defend that and do it repeatedly. What we failed to do is defend that repeatedly."

All we can do is focus on Tuesday. I think if you start looking and going into those dynamics then you're going into realms where you're suspecting things or epxecting things. What you can just do is look to Tuesday. Our thing now, and the main concern, is making sure we perform on Tuesday. Without a performance on it, how can you address some of the issues?

Message to the fans

"They've seen us perform better, it's as simple as that. They've seen us over the course of this season and they've certainly seen us play better and know that we can play better and I think that's the concern really in terms of it and rightly so.

"What can we do now? You can't bring the game back, the only thing we can do is now look to the game on Tuesday.

"Obviously the players in there are quiet and down and sometimes to find the right words now when the game is immediately over and done with, there's a quiet and a disappointment because of it but the opportunity is gone. So what we have to do now is re-group, get back in the morning analyse that. What can we take from it? Maybe we'll get more questions when people have slept on it and then we'll move on to Tuesday."

Don't know what it sounded like but reading it comes across as an inane ramble, feel for the bloke but he's become out of his depth.

I would have loved us to have been taking part in this season's version of that podcast that Warne and Robinson took part in last season. Just to hear what gets said in our changing room in games like this. 

Cos at this minute I'd take Robinson's screaming, shouting, kit throwing, antagonistic bollocks as, in my mind, at least I'd know the manager was telling the players exactly what that performance meant.

37 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Said in another thread that Shipston won't get any more minutes, under Moore, this season unless we're 3-0 up or we rest players against Derby in preparation for the playoffs. 

But you would think, that if everybody watching keeps seeing that some players are not giving their all in every game...

Then surely the management team should be able to as well and do something about it. 

Whether that is having them by the throat or replacing them with someone who will at least try.

The biggest thing that stands out for me though, regarding the managers credibility to progress a team is...

You should be able to change a game at any time using good tactics, they can even change a game with substitutions, but NOT JUST AROUND 60 MINUTES

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MAL said:

But you would think, that if everybody watching keeps seeing that some players are not giving their all in every game...

Then surely the management team should be able to as well and do something about it. 

Whether that is having them by the throat or replacing them with someone who will at least try.

The biggest thing that stands out for me though, regarding the managers credibility to progress a team is...

You should be able to change a game at any time using good tactics, they can even change a game with substitutions, but NOT JUST AROUND 60 MINUTES

Thing is he didn’t change anything tactically. It was awful long ball stuff today, has been for weeks. Why ?

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Thing is he didn’t change anything tactically. It was awful long ball stuff today, has been for weeks. Why ?

Because I think it's Moore's idea of saving legs in the middle of the park. But the tactical genius isn't seeing that they're actually covering more ground as the ball is coming straight back

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Message to the fans

The fuck does any of that mean