Going for a Burton

HoylandOwl

Yesterday was as bad as anything from our previous times in league one. Without key players that cup tie away game we have to deal with at this level is too much for those remaining. They should be able to avoid defeat though and some of the goals were too easy with token challenges for the ball. It’s like they don’t really want to go up. 

I’m going to Exeter at home but it looks like it will be done by then! 

6 hours ago, Chelters said:

That was our first away defeat on a Saturday all season. The only other game we have lost on a Saturday was Barnsley at home over 7 months ago.

Wow!  I wouldn't have known that.  Mind you, what feels like two minutes ago we'd only lost three games all season so it obviously shouldn't be surprising.  

On 15/04/2023 at 19:36, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Thing is he didn’t change anything tactically. It was awful long ball stuff today, has been for weeks. Why ?

The incessant punting it forward was so obviously not working. And hasn't apart from the odd occasion. We haven't got the attacking players for it. The positives when they've come for us this season have largely come from us getting it wide and crossing, we stopped doing that but then ball gets played on the floor as MK said on Saturday, and we created chances. But we didn't keep doing that. Just so frustrating. 

• Like 1

On 15/04/2023 at 15:53, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

WTF has happened to us. But Brian Laws 100% spot on, a team that resorts to long ball shit we are serving up doesn't really deserve owt. 

Get the ball down and play. One moment we do that we score 

Laws does my nut in when he's on iFollow. In the ball by ball commentary he says Gregory is unlucky with a chance as it was a difficult angle/ great defending etc. Few minutes later, it's Gregory has to better he's missed 3 clear cut chances when he should be easily scoring.

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

Laws does my nut in when he's on iFollow. In the ball by ball commentary he says Gregory is unlucky with a chance as it was a difficult angle/ great defending etc. Few minutes later, it's Gregory has to better he's missed 3 clear cut chances when he should be easily scoring.

I was more disappointed he did not give 49876 shout outs to folk during the game