The impish hoyland derby match thread

Skamp

Rob Lee and Robert Huth on 5Live earlier talking about the difference between Newcastle and Leicester title run ins. Both agreed it was mental strength. 

I've heard Huth in the past also talk about Ranieri constantly changing everything at the club to keep them focused. From where, when, how they trained, to the food they ate, and even the colour of the training kit and the style of the match day tracksuits. 

I suspect Plymouth might be a bit like us in running out of form at the wrong time. 
So maybe staying in front of Plymouth and Barnsley has got to be the aim and expect Ipswich to come steaming past us.

Whilst some were getting giddy about being Champions the aim has always and continues to be promotion.

Id love us to be cruising over the finishing line to promotion but I’d take going up on goal difference if it came to it because next season in the Championship will be a new start given the likely change in personnel 

Last time in my following Wednesday when I thought we might be champions was 84. I know we had a glimmer in 92 but it’s was very fleeting and Im not sure anyone really thought that would happen.

But 84 we either just seemed to ease up thinking it was all done or maybe ran out of steam, probably a bit of both in hindsight 

12 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I suspect Plymouth might be a bit like us in running out of form at the wrong time. 
So maybe staying in front of Plymouth and Barnsley has got to be the aim and expect Ipswich to come steaming past us.

Whilst some were getting giddy about being Champions the aim has always and continues to be promotion.

Id love us to be cruising over the finishing line to promotion but I’d take going up on goal difference if it came to it because next season in the Championship will be a new start given the likely change in personnel 

Ipswich seem to be relying on Luongo to give them some bite in midfield.

As good of a player he is, we also know he’s held together with coffee stirrers and wet bog roll. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

A fully fit Luongo would have been an ideal replacement for Byers in our current situation but we couldn't take the risk with his injury record.

So we move on

And pray that Moore gets it right. 

Byers was the replacement for the injured Luongo...

Utter farce that 3 of his potential backups/ place fillers just can't be fucking arsed. Has Monk rang and told em their contracts aren't getting renewed?