The impish hoyland derby match thread

Skamp

Another bad bad error from Stockdale. Although the earlier mistake was from Palmer getting robbed 40 yards out.

Looked comfortable and in control until that point. Since then, one or two hiding. Smith has scored the goal but been dreadful throughout. Palmer has been poor, James has vanished. Famewo poor.

Moore has got to start getting nasty with one or two at half time. Some are hiding.

Just now, owl4ever1867 said:

Stockdale isn't good enough, get Dawson back in goal.

Drop Iorfa, his confidence is shot.

1st 25 minutes was enjoyable, they score - from yet another goalkeeper howler & we fall to pieces.

I thought Iorfa was decent until the goal. And then all of a sudden he gets space in front of him and shits his pants.

A midfield player has to take the ball off Flint, he’s banging it back to front and out of play. He’s had a mouthful from Gregory and Vaulks first half.

That second half was completely unacceptable

It took about 52 minutes until we tested their keeper

52 minutes

I think those two attempts from Smith at the end on target got us to 3 which is the same as they had

If that's how you're going to play at home, quite frankly, throw the white towel in and don't bother turning up. 

We are reliant on favours. I never thought I would say that two weeks back. 3 points from a possible 15 is an unacceptable run. That run has been littered with poor performances, terrible mistakes and poor finishing.

Ipswich are smashing teams to pieces at the minute. 

On today, should have won. The double Smith chance at the end was one bit of good defending and one really bad miss. Didn’t work the keeper enough again, went ale house which caused them issues, but until the point created nothing. The wing backs collectively were really poor today both with and without the ball.

Wilkes has hot and cold when he came on. Adeniran was awful, didn’t complete a single pass.

Too many players went missing after the goal and whilst the workrate went up second half, the quality went down.

Moore has some major issues to solve, and I genuinely think we will need 6 wins from 7 to get promoted. But on this showing, we won’t do it. It’s not right in both boxes, making mistakes in ours, and missing chances in there’s. Our rivals are getting one of the two right.

I just think the age of our squad is beginning to show somewhat. I will take Palmer as an example, he has been a key outlet in the RWB slot but that energy has disappeared somewhat. 

Bannan still instrumental but his radar is way off. Interesting he was off free kicks and corners for part of that game.

Smith and Gregory have been run into the ground - due to lack of options. 

And Moore needs to grasp that getting volume into players before them coming in simply does not come into the equation with 7 games left. 

7 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

We are reliant on favours. I never thought I would say that two weeks back. 3 points from a possible 15 is an unacceptable run. That run has been littered with poor performances, terrible mistakes and poor finishing.

On today, should have won. The double Smith chance at the end was one bit of good defending and one really bad miss. Didn’t work the keeper enough again, went ale house which caused them issues, but until the point created nothing. The wing backs collectively were really poor today both with and without the ball.

Wilkes has hot and cold when he came on. Adeniran was awful, didn’t complete a single pass.

Too many players went missing after the goal and whilst the workrate went up second half, the quality went down.

Moore has some major issues to solve, and I genuinely think we will need 6 wins from 7 to get promoted. But on this showing, we won’t do it. It’s not right in both boxes, making mistakes in ours, and missing chances in there’s. Our rivals are getting one of the two right.

Yet, I was reading the other day, DM thinks he'll have a quieter Summer, going off these last 3 matches, I think he's in for another huge Summer - if hes in charge.

6 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

It wasn't a popular opinion but I referenced some underwhelming home performances during the decent spell. They never felt like promotion defining - Plymouth apart - and others have put the foot down as we have hit neutral

I have had Ipswich on today, they look to have so much pace, power and movement. And Morsy and Luongo absolutely ran the game and allowed the front four to play. Everything for them is being done at high tempo.

All of our front players, especially without Windass are static, we have two number 9’s who are not going to get a goal out of nothing, and reliant on quality from wide - which has disappeared. We’ve then decided that we need to play to their strengths, and bang it back to front. But for that to work you need runners, and again, we aren’t set up for that - no-one goes beyond them. Plus, Michael Smith is utterly dreadful with his back to goal, his touch and awareness are just not good enough and it bounces off him and comes back.

And as one or two others have said, it looks like the legs have gone on a few of them. That press that we had has literally gone now. And because the back ups are not perfoming, we can’t rotate the squad which means we take the legs away further.

It’s not over yet, and there will be further twists, but, we haven’t got the goals in us to get the points we need.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I have had Ipswich on today, they look to have so much pace, power and movement. And Morsy and Luongo absolutely ran the game and allowed the front four to play. Everything for them is being done at high tempo.

All of our front players, especially without Windass are static, we have two number 9’s who are not going to get a goal out of nothing, and reliant on quality from wide - which has disappeared. We’ve then decided that we need to play to their strengths, and bang it back to front. But for that to work you need runners, and again, we aren’t set up for that - no-one goes beyond them. Plus, Michael Smith is utterly dreadful with his back to goal, his touch and awareness are just not good enough and it bounces off him and comes back.

And as one or two others have said, it looks like the legs have gone on a few of them. That press that we had has literally gone now. And because the back ups are not perfoming, we can’t rotate the squad which means we take the legs away further.

It’s not over yet, and there will be further twists, but, we haven’t got the goals in us to get the points we need.

It’s quite telling how much we miss Windass