Plymouth H

Reesh

5 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Just done a quick Google Maps image and Newcastle's ground sits on a similar footprint to ours.  Houses alongside etc

Obsession of us moving away I have found is driven by blunts, toytown etc. Not met 1 Owl yet who would want to move. Those saying we should move to a small soul less bowl can just fuck off,  it shows zero ambition and can't see why any Wednesday fan would want that. Again it smacks of what rival fans, mates say to me

Short term, move Lepp gates back a bit and have the kiosks outside. Let em get pissed on whilst they get a drink. See how "intimidated" they get then.

4 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Why don’t they move away fans to half of grandstand or T block end of north and redevelop the west stand for home fans in the future. Just a thought 

We give far too many away tickets and give them a voice on the day.

Moving families from their dedicated area is a bad move IMO, and as for the north, the infrastructure in the gangways doesn’t allow for that. But the idea is a decent one

I don’t think finding a site for a stadium within a say 5mile radius of the city centre (the train station) is actually that easy or straightforward.

The problem being, if you hadn’t noticed 😂 the city is built on hills, has several rivers and tributaries and is seeing some redevelopment already. SomI doubt there is a suitable site that would be attractive.

Redevelop the existing site would be my vote. In reality it’s all hypothetical and not happening any time soon.

If it was up to me, knock the stand down and leave an open terrace with the lower seats only. Give them something to really complain about until we can afford a new stand!

1 hour ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I don’t think finding a site for a stadium within a say 5mile radius of the city centre (the train station) is actually that easy or straightforward.

The problem being, if you hadn’t noticed 😂 the city is built on hills, has several rivers and tributaries and is seeing some redevelopment already. SomI doubt there is a suitable site that would be attractive.

Redevelop the existing site would be my vote. In reality it’s all hypothetical and not happening any time soon.

If it was up to me, knock the stand down and leave an open terrace with the lower seats only. Give them something to really complain about until we can afford a new stand!

Redevelop?  We'd probably not be given that option. We've had one horrific flood - luckily out of season - and despite substantial work up on the moors to the west to stop heavy rain running straight off, we came so close to being flooded again quite recently. (Was it Winter 21/22?)  The river rediscovered it's original course in 2007 and presumably would affect any future major plans for the existing site.  Who would want to insure the place, for instance?  

9 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

This reaction is probably the reason you've never met anyone who tells you they want to leave....

The irony is the Stadium at MK is only a soulless bowl because they are getting about 8k on average. People simply do not have the intelligence to realise that put 25k regularly in its suddenly not soulless.

I mean I would accept the argument if Hillsborough on most matchdays did not resemble a morgue atmosphere wise. The Newcastle game being the exception to the rule in recent times.

If Wednesday did ever relocate a version of Stadium MK is what we would get. Not the Spurs ground, not even the Everon one 

The footprint of Hillsborough is always going to be the restrictive factor. I mean the suggestion to move the turnstiles back toward the river on the West stand side smacks of folk not grasping why they were shifted in the first place.

Tradition is great but not when it holds back progress

Getting Hillsborough back to a regular 40,000 stadium would be sufficient.

That would mean a redeveloped Lep.

If we maximise the back of the North for a greater dedicated  fan-zone experience / remove the gym and relocate the shop / ticket office to across the road into one of the retail units to be built / already existing where screw fix is - this would free up space.

Removal of the  gym and laying it out differently would allow a new exit route from the North.  That in turn relieves the pressure from behind the Lep and allows  for new enhanced designed to accommodate more fans.

11 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Redevelop?  We'd probably not be given that option. We've had one horrific flood - luckily out of season - and despite substantial work up on the moors to the west to stop heavy rain running straight off, we came so close to being flooded again quite recently. (Was it Winter 21/22?)  The river rediscovered it's original course in 2007 and presumably would affect any future major plans for the existing site.  Who would want to insure the place, for instance?  

Knock Lepp and build similar to WC bid but I'd level area up to bridge and fireplace centre. Use tunnels/ great big tubes to ensure the watter can't go anywhere near the ground. The Don isn't attractive to look at whenever I look over, Just have it underground near the Stadium and encapsulated so it can't cause any issues.

Edited by Ozzie

3 hours ago, EBRA said:

Getting Hillsborough back to a regular 40,000 stadium would be sufficient.

That would mean a redeveloped Lep.

If we maximise the back of the North for a greater dedicated  fan-zone experience / remove the gym and relocate the shop / ticket office to across the road into one of the retail units to be built / already existing where screw fix is - this would free up space.

Removal of the  gym and laying it out differently would allow a new exit route from the North.  That in turn relieves the pressure from behind the Lep and allows  for new enhanced designed to accommodate more fans.

Permitting fans to go into the North from the back of the North would solve a huge range of issues elsewhere 

2 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Milton Keynes just to piss you off 

Got an Ikea and an Asda. Can't be that bad. 

No real issue with it apart from folk that live there can't use roundabouts despite the amount of practice they must get. Was more of a biteback as Sheffield gets some shite from folk living in salubrious destinations like MK, Chezzie and the likes. It's like someone slagging a Jag when they drive a company Mondeo. Nowt wrong with a Mondeo btw, it's just the uppity bollocks that does my bonce in

17 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Moving families from their dedicated area is a bad move IMO, and as for the north, the infrastructure in the gangways doesn’t allow for that. But the idea is a decent one

Yeah putting away fans in the North is such a smart idea. Fucking idiot

2 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Reckon if you offered the council a couple of million they'd sell you Hillsborough park

If the council were forward thinking and pro football it could be a possibility. Wednesday (and the Trotters) doing well would bring so much value into the City but they don't exactly help us. Also think a few residents who walk their dogs would have an issue.

2 hours ago, Ozzie said:

Got an Ikea and an Asda. Can't be that bad. 

No real issue with it apart from folk that live there can't use roundabouts despite the amount of practice they must get. Was more of a biteback as Sheffield gets some shite from folk living in salubrious destinations like MK, Chezzie and the likes. It's like someone slagging a Jag when they drive a company Mondeo. Nowt wrong with a Mondeo btw, it's just the uppity bollocks that does my bonce in

nothing salubrious about MK, probably has more stabbings and gang related shit these days 

Hence why I don't live there and live in a more selective village nearby  

Castle market site. I can’t recall how serious the park plan is or if it’s simply one of those ideas based on we can’t think of anything else to do with it. In relation to the castle ruins, that could be solvable depending on where they sit in relation to the pitch, ie these things can usually be incorporated into the building foundations.

It’s an interesting thought but somehow suspect would never get off the ground because a) we aren’t in a position to do anything currently so it would probably mean something will be done with it before we are ready and b) I suspect there would be huge planning conditions attached with it which would probably make it as or more expensive than simply just redeveloping Hillsborough.

The point re flooding at Hillsborough. As someone that used to work for the Environment Agency, I doubt we would be allowed to culvert the river, but I do think we could put defences there that would reduce th risk, but it would largely be at the clubs cost - otherwise it could be seen as subsidising the club.

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

That would be fun trying to park anywhere near the city centre, Sheffield City Council are well known for their positivity toward car use. 

Exactly. Castle area would be relatively easy to access by public transport - though I'm not sure about overall numbers - but absolute hell to get to by car.  And that's being dropped off, never mind trying to park.  

8 hours ago, Ozzie said:

Nobody proposing we move has actually suggested anywhere. So unless they can then it's a pointless to suggest doing so

Err not been ere long have you.

Ideal place is in A1/M1/M18 triangle, decent road access, plenty land to develop 50-60k PL and UEFA/FIFA compliant stadium with full sports /education centre (nick the EIS or make it a speciist sports tertiary  educational establishment like Loughborough), retail park, hotels and stuff. Keep donny airport going, must be a train line we can develop a station, make it the pinnacle of sports entertainment in the North.

Go back to being  The Wednesday FC.

Fresh start.

Move on

Progress 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Err not been ere long have you.

Ideal place is in A1/M1/M18 triangle, decent road access, plenty land to develop 50-60k PL and UEFA/FIFA compliant stadium with full sports /education centre (nick the EIS or make it a speciist sports tertiary  educational establishment like Loughborough), retail park, hotels and stuff. Keep donny airport going, must be a train line we can develop a station, make it the pinnacle of sports entertainment in the North.

Go back to being  The Wednesday FC.

Fresh start.

Move on

Progress 

Where exactly do the A1 / M1 / M18 form a triangle?  The A1 & M1 are roughly parallel.