Plymouth H

Reesh

23 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

They’re not getting any

To be fair it’s a decent effort but they’d only sell a few hundred more max if they have tickets  remaining at general sale 

They sold 1200 on general sale in 2 hours today.

34 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I'd have 'played the game' a bit and just given Plymouth the top tier. You don't need over 3k getting vocal if they start getting on top and our support lose their voices. 

We've split it due to the ongoing bollocks with the Newcastle game.

6 minutes ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

So do we now have a defecto 50% capacity reduction in the Lepp thanks to the the hysteria around what happened in that match? 

Seems it. 

But they have just been given an extra 500

Edited by Reesh

Shame we couldn’t both have & sell out the  lower Lepp. With the match being 8 days away and only 5k home end left it’s conceivable we might have, and Wednesday fans in all 4 stands in a big game, would bring an obvious advantage. 

Quite why some Wednesday fans like seeing the Lepp packed with away fans is an absolute fucking mystery to me, we should want it packed with Wednesday fans! In fact if it was up to me away fans would be shoved either the left half of the south stand (as you look at the pitch) or up in the grandstand. 

8 minutes ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

Shame we couldn’t both have & sell out the  lower Lepp. With the match being 8 days away and only 5k home end left it’s conceivable we might have, and Wednesday fans in all 4 stands in a big game, would bring an obvious advantage. 

Quite why some Wednesday fans like seeing the Lepp packed with away fans is an absolute fucking mystery to me, we should want it packed with Wednesday fans! In fact if it was up to me away fans would be shoved either the left half of the south stand (as you look at the pitch) or up in the grandstand. 

Not easy to segregate under the stand.

2 minutes ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

Apparently not at S6 but perfectly routine  pretty much everywhere else, look at Leeds, Villa, Everton. Liverpool, Chelsea off the top of my head, all house their away fans within a proportion of a stand with home fans either side of them. All get bigger gates than us 

We don't have the set up under the stand to segregate the toilets, the food stands even the turnstiles if you put them where you suggest. I don't care about Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds or Villa.

16 minutes ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

Apparently not at S6 but perfectly routine  pretty much everywhere else, look at Leeds, Villa, Everton. Liverpool, Chelsea off the top of my head, all house their away fans within a proportion of a stand with home fans either side of them. All get bigger gates than us 

Bertie’s an all 

43 minutes ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

40 minutes ago, Reesh said:

We don't have the set up under the stand to segregate the toilets, the food stands even the turnstiles if you put them where you suggest. I don't care about Everton, Liverpool, Chelsea, Leeds or Villa.

This. 

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

I can’t say I ‘care’ about them either, but  that’s beside the point here.

The grounds are comparable to ours one way or another because they are either traditional like ours and/or the surrounding area is built up like ours. Unfortunately we are bedevilled by both of those scenarios at S6.

You may have something resembling a point about segregation from an in game perspective or before and after.

But if we look at the south stand as a whole(as an alternative place to house away fans) we could alleviate some of that almost completely, if we isolated the grandstand for away fans, which, has a capacity of 3K I think, and had its own dedicated turnstiles and internal concourses and could be entered and exited exclusively using the bridge.

Again at other clubs away fans and home fans mingle outside the stadiums every time they play, they only become segregated once they get into the ground!. 

The issues that arose from the Newcastle match which were clearly something and nothing (and mostly nothing) serve as a clue as to what is coming as and when we we finally get back to the premier League.

Bigger gates, bigger away followings, more high-profile matches & with it will come more ‘woke’ Premier League focused journalists, fully committed to virtue signalling at any given opportunity. Our Leppings Lane end presenting them with a piss easy target. If we’re getting this kind of high touch pressure right now god knows what it will be like then.

Wednesday fans may not like being moved from their respective seats but we may have to look at adaptability & alternatives to try and solve the issues around this particular stand, or at least while it is still there. 

Edited by ChineseYellowLorry

3 minutes ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

I can’t say I ‘care’ about them either, but  that’s beside the point here.

The grounds are comparable to ours one way or another because they are either traditional like ours and/or the surrounding area is built up like ours. Unfortunately we are bedevilled by both of those scenarios at S6.

You may have something resembling a point about segregation from an in game perspective or before and after.

But if we look at the south stand as a whole(as an alternative place to house away fans) we could alleviate some of that almost completely, if we isolated the grandstand for away fans, which, has a capacity of 3K I think, and had its own dedicated turnstiles and internal concourses and could be entered and exited exclusively using the bridge.

Again at other clubs away fans and home fans mingle outside the stadiums every time they play, they only become segregated once they get into the ground!. 

The issues that arose from the Newcastle match which were clearly something and nothing (and mostly nothing) serve as a clue as to what is coming as and when we we finally get back to the premier League.

Bigger gates, bigger away followings, more high-profile matches & with it will come more ‘woke’ Premier League focused journalists, fully committed to virtue signalling at any given opportunity. Our Leppings Lane end presenting them with a piss easy target. If we’re getting this kind of high touch pressure right now god knows what it will be like then.

Wednesday fans may not like being moved from their respective seats but we may have to look at adaptability & alternatives to try and solve the issues around this particular stand, or at least while it is still there. 

But you're moving fans from a dedicated family area which is set up as such, it won't happen.

Watched us beat Chelsea 3-0 on the lepp when still caged, was in with Chelsea fans as a school mate supported them.

Had Martin Hodge wave and smile at me in second half - he was my mum and step dad's neighbour.

Think the Wimbledon match when Viv and Fashanu had their set to was also in lepp. Quid a kid or summat for U16s

30 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Watched us beat Chelsea 3-0 on the lepp when still caged, was in with Chelsea fans as a school mate supported them.

Had Martin Hodge wave and smile at me in second half - he was my mum and step dad's neighbour.

Think the Wimbledon match when Viv and Fashanu had their set to was also in lepp. Quid a kid or summat for U16s

Nah the Viv Fash game was mid week pal

I’f we go back even further, the lower tier was for home fans in the league cup games Liverpool, 40 years ago. 

The lower Lepp was ‘shared’ a few times in the 90s though I’ve never personally been in it. The 3-2 v Man United in 91 had both sets of fans in the lower tier. Some early 90s matches it was all home fans (3-3 v Norwich comes to mind) . Wasn’t even the 3-1 v Pigs a mixed lower tier?I may be wrong & I can’t imagine any match nowadays where this would be permitted. 

As I’ve mentioned we will have to start thinking about other solutions that may - to some - be unpopular, to try and get this stand to have better utility, should we get back to the PL. The fact that it’s long been regarded as an ‘away end’ for decades I believe exacerbates the existing issues. Taking segregation out of the equation might make it less of a problem/target. 

It’s wank how we’re jumped on so much by the authorities. We have a completely different regime in charge, different attitudes towards safety and things have moved on.

Yet at other grounds we see fans separated by a couple of rows of fans. No danger.

Oh and Newcastle fans at Southampton the other night packed into the stand with about 12 stewards in view.

no comments about that from the pricks at the Mail.

Media bias and agenda for clicks at our place. Sooooo obvious if it wasn’t already. 

• Like 1

Responding to Hoylands post,

Maybe, perhaps…probably. And  I’ve already made the point about other grounds. In fact none of the latter point is remotely new, the last 39 years has seen top flight grounds host matches with 49, 50 60 k gates, separating fans with a line of  stewards.
The question will be how we want to respond as a club when we do get back to the top flight (and the negative PR amps up X1000) or do we get smart and think broadly about how the ground is proportioned. 

Where I do have some sympathy with the ‘relevant authorities’ is that outside access to and around the stadium is pretty awful. Its footprint is literally hemmed in by a river, a dual carriageway and an entire street of terraced houses. By all means look to the past and how we used to stand on piss covered terraces without any problem, but it won’t get us too far

4 minutes ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

Responding to Hoylands post,

Maybe, perhaps…probably. And  I’ve already made the point about other grounds. In fact none of the latter point is remotely new, the last 39 years has seen top flight grounds host matches with 49, 50 60 k gates, separating fans with a line of  stewards.
The question will be how we want to respond as a club when we do get back to the top flight (and the negative PR amps up X1000) or do we get smart and think broadly about how the ground is proportioned. 

Where I do have some sympathy with the ‘relevant authorities’ is that outside access to and around the stadium is pretty awful. Its footprint is literally hemmed in by a river, a dual carriageway and an entire street of terraced houses. By all means look to the past and how we used to stand on piss covered terraces without any problem, but it won’t get us too far

The issue we have as a club is that we’re hamstrung by the authorities and the sports ground safety authority. We have to do what they say. 

It’s them who restricted the capacity of the North Stand due to access/egress issues in the gangways/concourse underneath.

In reality the only way we can push our capacity up. Is by replacing stands with new ones that have better walkways and access. And that isn’t happening. 

With the issues we have, I can see why people want us to move, we maybe need to. I don’t want us to but that’s the sentimental side of me. 
For that to happen though. There’s no way we’d even consider it unless we’d been established in the top flight for a number of years. And maybe even, an owner who has much more wealth than Chansiri. 

If we do advance soon, and reestablish ourselves as a top flight club, I don’t think we have any choice than to move.

And before anyone jumps to baseless conclusions about SWFC rushing directly to build some ‘uninviting, soulless bowl’ 12 miles from Sheffield near an M1 junction, I’m sure given the size of Sheffield and the number of brownfield sites across the inner core of the city we could successfully acquire one big enough to build a new stadium. As we know this is years away (if ever) and contingent on Wednesday getting to and staying in the Premier League for a sustained period of time. As well as overcoming a large proportion of our fanbase who would have no (initial) interest in leaving Hillsborough. 
But in the meantime, there must be something else we can do to get the home fans a better outcome. We could start by regularly filling the seats that are available!

Re Chansiri, I think once we’re back in the PL a change of ownership wouldn’t be too long in the waiting. 

1 minute ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

If we do advance soon, and reestablish ourselves as a top flight club, I don’t think we have any choice than to move.

And before anyone rushes to baseless conclusions about SWFC rushing directly to building some ‘uninviting, soulless bowl’ 12 miles from Sheffield near an M1 junction, I’m sure given the size of Sheffield and the number of brownfield sites across the inner core of the city we could successfully acquire one big enough to build a new stadium. As we know this is years away (if ever) and contingent on Wednesday getting to and staying in the Premier League for a sustained period of time. As well as overcoming a large proportion of our fanbase who would have no (initial) interest in leaving Hillsborough. 

But in the meantime, there must be something else we can do to get the home fans a better outcome. We could start by regularly filling the seats that are available!

Not many other clubs would average 24k in the 3rd after 23 years outside the top flight. 

1 hour ago, ChineseYellowLorry said:

I’f we go back even further, the lower tier was for home fans in the league cup games Liverpool, 40 years ago. 

The lower Lepp was ‘shared’ a few times in the 90s though I’ve never personally been in it. The 3-2 v Man United in 91 had both sets of fans in the lower tier. Some early 90s matches it was all home fans (3-3 v Norwich comes to mind) . Wasn’t even the 3-1 v Pigs a mixed lower tier?I may be wrong & I can’t imagine any match nowadays where this would be permitted. 

As I’ve mentioned we will have to start thinking about other solutions that may - to some - be unpopular, to try and get this stand to have better utility, should we get back to the PL. The fact that it’s long been regarded as an ‘away end’ for decades I believe exacerbates the existing issues. Taking segregation out of the equation might make it less of a problem/target. 

I watched the 2 - 2 L.C. quarter final vs Liverpool in 1983/84 from the Lower Lep.  That had a right atmosphere and I seem to recall it being pretty full there.  Also a Megson header going in at that end? 

Responding to reesh’ post

I think plenty would tbh. The data is in and easily reachable for this point anyway as we’re hardly the only club who have had a long exile or scratched around in the 3rd division, although I’ll grant you that (of our size) we’re probably enduring the longest exile now Forest are back in the top flight. 

But as fans were pretty self congratulatory about loyal examples of our support (your point being one) but we have a large percent who have a pretty long list of reasons not to go - often when it counts (it’s in TV, we’re not playing well enough for my liking, the entertainment isnt to my liking, cost, low estimation of the opposition, low faith in getting a result etc etc.

How often do you hear” I don’t give a f**k who were playing,  I’m going to watch Wednesday as that’s my team. End of story”

Even on this site one fan goes into detail about how the slightly enhanced Plymouth ticket cost, our biggest match since last May, sharing the minutiae of his budget including pints etc etc. Quite how he’ll get on when we get back to the PL is anybody’s guess. 

So what team selection do you think DM will go with against Plymouth? Assuming no new injuries and signings - Storey would be great btw.

Im thinking we go

Dawson

Iorfa Flint Famewo (assuming hes fit)

Palmer Byers Vaulks, Bannan Johnson

Gregory Windass

Subs Smith (might be him instead of Gregory, I think DM favours smudger), Bakinson, Hunt, Patterson, Dele-Bashiru, Wilks & Stockdale 

On 28/01/2023 at 10:54, ChineseYellowLorry said:

And before anyone jumps to baseless conclusions about SWFC rushing directly to build some ‘uninviting, soulless bowl’ 12 miles from Sheffield near an M1 junction, I’m sure given the size of Sheffield and the number of brownfield sites across the inner core of the city we could successfully acquire one big enough to build a new stadium. As we know this is years away (if ever) and contingent on Wednesday getting to and staying in the Premier League for a sustained period of time. As well as overcoming a large proportion of our fanbase who would have no (initial) interest in leaving Hillsborough. 

Re Chansiri, I think once we’re back in the PL a change of ownership wouldn’t be too long in the waiting. 

Go on then, Where?