Vale v Wednesday match thread

Reesh

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Was very very lively both times I've been 

They still have a grudge goin back to the 70s, on their forum only team to take the bycars (their end) back then. Was at the game and the tannoy was asking the few vale fans on the kop to leave and any Wednesday in other parts of the ground to make their way to that end....mad days.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

They still have a grudge goin back to the 70s, on their forum only team to take the bycars (their end) back then. Was at the game and the tannoy was asking the few vale fans on the kop to leave and any Wednesday in other parts of the ground to make their way to that end....mad days.

Aye I read that 

We played a night match there in 1975/76 and lost 1-0 and it was pretty scary after the game - the four of us got split up and one of my mates got chinned.

The following season it was our first away game and my mate who got chinned the previous season decided to go in the stand behind the main terrace to avoid any trouble

I borrowed a pair of Doc Martens from a mate for the day. We were mostly on the open away end but before kick off everyone decided to invade the pitch and charge into the home end. There was probably equal numbers of both sets of fans in there.

There was an announcement "Will all the Sheffield Wednesday fans in the home end please return to the away end immediately" no-one moved

5 minutes later there was another announcement "Will all the Sheffield Wednesday fans in the home end please return to the away end immediately" no-one moved again

5 minutes later there was another announcement "Will all the Port Vale fans in the home end please go to the away end immediately" and quite incredibly they all moved.

Anyway to get to the away end they had to move down the terrace in from of the main stand - loads of Wednesday fans in the main stand, including my mate, started having a go at them and there were their fans trying to get in the stand and the Wednesday fans trying to get at them. So my mate went in the stand to avoid any trouble and ended up being in the thick of it again

We  lost 2-0

Thinking about it now I would have thought we had at least 5,000 there and them probably the same but the attendance was amazingly only 5,033