Undr the cosh - Wednesday connection on first three episodes of their new series

cheat

1. Tommy Spurr - it’s an old one that was previously behind their paywall.

2. Referee Kevin Lynch who’s a Wednesdayite

3. Paddy Lacey - was in our youth set up. Not finished listening yet, but a couple of Wednesday stories so far.

Edited by cheat

• cheat changed the title to Undr the cosh - Wednesday connection on first three episodes of their new series
14 minutes ago, Reesh said:

1) Not flattering on the club or Megson 

2) Great listen, never knew he was Wednesday til then

3) Went off the rails and did time didn't he

1. No, mainly Megson though I would say.

2. Likewise

3. I believe so, not got to that part yet.

58 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

As a club we offered him £100 a week in the championship 

Enjoyed the Kevin lynch one

accent in 3rd one turned it off after 5 mins

Oh yeah - forgot that bit. Spurr I mean, so yeah Reesh was right.

Stick with the Paddy Lacey one - just finished it off. I thought it was very good. 

• 3 weeks later...

Slightly different tangent, but has anyone listened to the latest diary of a CEO podcast with Chris Kamara? It's a tough listen, not just because of some of the topics discussed, but Kammys speech has deteriorated so badly due to his illness. I only caught the first 15 mins or so, but it was absolutely heartbreaking 

7 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Slightly different tangent, but has anyone listened to the latest diary of a CEO podcast with Chris Kamara? It's a tough listen, not just because of some of the topics discussed, but Kammys speech has deteriorated so badly due to his illness. I only caught the first 15 mins or so, but it was absolutely heartbreaking 

He does some auction show on C5. 

He broke his leg at Middlesbrough, in fact in a training tackle with his mate, Chris Riggett. The medical team absolutely ruined the treatment, and he didn’t ever recover, after recovery, they told him he was fit, and he was playing with a stress fracture, and because he was playing with a weakness, he then had loads of injuries on the good side of his body that culminated with him breaking his back doing a turn in training when he went to Leeds.

On 21/09/2022 at 21:39, KrolMong said:

Another common Under the Cosh theme.

Nigel Pearson - universally disliked as a manager. And quite a shit coach too by all accounts.

Listened to the Craig Hignett one recently too, who described big Nige as "a nice bully" when he captained Middlesbrough. Apparently good at drawing and drew caricatures of all the players taking the piss out of them 🙂 

• 1 month later...

I'd like to listen to the Wilson one, but I let my Patreon account lapse and now it won't let me sign up again. Apparently the DiCanio incident is talked about in some detail. 

I enjoy most of these episodes. The David Hillier one was good, as was Cotterill even though they've no Wednesday connection. Owen Coyle one is great, too. On the back of this I'd take him as the next Wednesday manager!

Just finished watching/listening the Stockdale episode. Wow. The stuff from Birmingham, is brutal listening and just shows how bonkers their CEO was. 
He comes across as a very likeable, and very honest person who just appreciates where he is, and what he has. I like that we’ve got him in our group even more now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Just finished watching/listening the Stockdale episode. Wow. The stuff from Birmingham, is brutal listening and just shows how bonkers their CEO was. 
He comes across as a very likeable, and very honest person who just appreciates where he is, and what he has. I like that we’ve got him in our group even more now. 

Agreed. Despite fact he comes from near Leeds he still comes across as decent bloke. I can imagine part of reason Moore got him was based on his character, be really good in dressing room 

2 hours ago, bricat said:

Saw the Ben Marshall one. He was looking forward to signing for us , Megson said he'd get it sorted but nothing came of it. Cheekily, Ben suggested they get hold of Gary Madine.

Yeah, seen that one. He's definitely the one that got away... Then kept coming back every transfer window.... Well, at least to some of the fans anyway.