Bolton (A) Match Thread - Not as good as GermanOwl

• HoylandOwl changed the title to Bolton (A) Match Thread - Not as good as GermanOwl
4 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

I'm going to shore things up a bit for 60 minutes then change things round for the last 25 minutes depending on how things are at the time, with taking a defender off for Windass and Adeniran for FDB.

Screenshot 2022-08-19 at 17.24.52.png

I actually like the look of that, maybe have Windass in ahead of Baz or Dennis at the top of the diamond though

• Like 1

Don’t like that team selection.  The only reason I can see why he’s picking Iorfa is it’s still early in the season and he’s giving him one more chance to show something.  Also the midfield three looks very attacking, which combined with a debutant and a guy who looks shot in the back three would suggest we’ll need to score a few to win this.

If we lose Windass and Gregory we're fucked. Only 'attacking' option is Paterson unless there's a major shuffle and we put Johnson up front. 

Can't see the point of taking Cadamarteri and Durrant out of the 21s and not putting at least one on the bench. Though just seen Cadamarteri got bombed to the 18s today 

Edited by Tylluan

Well, trying to work out that first half there

Bar the first few minutes where Bolton pressured us early, it was a dreadful game of football. 

Then Ihekwe makes a great challenge to prevent Bradley from scoring

Though whether he would score there is another matter given the sitter he missed after Bakinson offers him an early christmas present

Five minutes later, 2-0 us thanks to Bolton gifting us the first. Then an orgasmic pass by Windass to set Palmer up for the 2nd - lovely finish by Palmer as well

I have noticed that when they're attacking down the right, there's at least 2 or 3 players helping Johnson out to defend. We've done so much better first half there than usual. It looks as if we've been working on something. Also McGuinness looks a calm player 

Keep it up Wednesday