Mick Lyons

You do wonder whether that bravery in his playing years as contributed to his condition 

There was a game he went off for stitches, then came running back on. But the north spotted him running up the tunnel and this huge roar rose from them round the ground. 

A vital part of that Jack charlton team and the old joke was when he left the changing room for the pitch the tunnel was optional he simply ran through a brick wall 

8 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

You do wonder whether that bravery in his playing years as contributed to his condition 

There was a game he went off for stitches, then came running back on. But the north spotted him running up the tunnel and this huge roar rose from them round the ground. 

A vital part of that Jack charlton team and the old joke was when he left the changing room for the pitch the tunnel was optional he simply ran through a brick wall 

He didn't go off for stitches. He had them done at pitch side. Went down the tunnel, so he could sprint back on at full speed for maximum effect. Steve mcmahon, who had fouled him,  visibilly wilted. Ex Evertonion playing  against Liverpool ,

1 hour ago, Sheffieldblue said:

He didn't go off for stitches. He had them done at pitch side. Went down the tunnel, so he could sprint back on at full speed for maximum effect. Steve mcmahon, who had fouled him,  visibilly wilted. Ex Evertonion playing  against Liverpool ,

I will bow to your better re-collection - I thought it was a big game where it happened

Mother-in-law passed away last year with it. A terrible illness. Watching my wife get so visibly upset seeing her mum gradually begin to forget who she was, it was absolutely heartbreaking and how my wife coped with it I’ll never know. She showed so much strength and dignity when visiting her, not to mention patience.

She’d sit for hours with her showing her old photos, singing old songs from her past to her and gave her so much care and love, with very little love or emotion shown back to her.

Dementia is one of those strange illnesses, in that it tends to effect loved ones more than it does the person with it. 

My heart goes out to Mick and his family. 😢

• Like 3

My step father as a form of it, triggered as in his case by a previous trauma - he crashed a lorry when in the army and suffered a serious head injury.

It changed his character, though more that it exaggerated the less tolerable aspects of it. My Mum bore the brunt of that

When my Mum was ill then died, how this illness interacted with his grief was not so good in terms of how he then treated me / my sister, making us feel very unwelcome in the family home, or simply just being around.

Sadly as a result we both don't have a lot to do with him now, the covid protocols in care homes not helping any chance of restoring that relationship up to now.

On a different tack I am dealing with a client where its so sad to see how his sharp mind is deteriorating, the repeat calls on the same subject. 

15 hours ago, Sheffieldblue said:

I remember he stood on the side of the pitch and had the stitches done through the hole in his sock created by whatever caused the wound: presumably a stud.  People watching couldn't believe it.

I don't remember what game it was. I do remember seeing it. 

Up there with Nigel Pearson trying to run off a broken leg!