For anyone having a quiet Saturday this weekend before the bank holiday

Every stoppage is being used here. Sandwiches made at ht, but mainly fetching cold bottles of The Wednesday from the fridge.  Good exercise at 70  running downstairs!  

Thoroughly enjoying this experience. Again!   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Tell you what, that was really enjoyable, especially for those of us who were there that night and obviously never saw all those other views that I saw tonight.  What a great idea it was to show it again, extending the feelgood that we're enjoying after this season's conclusion.    In fact, now I'm looking forward to watching the other semi 2nd leg tomorrow night, as advertised, Bolton vs Barnsley!   😎

🤪

Edited by Owling_Wolf
  • Like 1

I listened tp Jack Hunt post match. Was he the only person in the stadium oblivious of the importance of that penalty. Been a great servant has Jack and I'll be forever grateful to him, that penalty, for me at least, surpassed the Pressman v Wolves (IIRC).

I still haven't been forgiven by MK Jr for refusing to drive to the game despite buying tickets.

I am still convinced that me turning up would somehow have lead to an early goal for Peterborough and a miserable damp squib 90 minutes for the other 30k of you. 

Totally zero logic but them football gods work in mysterious ways 

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

I still haven't been forgiven by MK Jr for refusing to drive to the game despite buying tickets.

I am still convinced that me turning up would somehow have lead to an early goal for Peterborough and a miserable damp squib 90 minutes for the other 30k of you. 

I left on 94 minutes and was happy to miss Palmer’s goal if my leaving somehow contributed to it happening. I was also happy to run back to the ground and suffer dogs abuse as I skulked back in to watch extra time. 

7 hours ago, mkowl said:

How did you both follow the game, assuming that you did? 

Well, I sat down to watch the match again last night. Got as far as 74 minutes, Poku being subbed for Peterborough, when I somehow managed to lose my internet connection.

Router flashing green, being a right ****. At least 3 reboots and still nowt. Ended up switching it off, heading to bed, and back on again this morning. Guess what? Working perfectly all fucking day.

Am actually scared to watch the rest of the match though, just incase the box goes tits up again.

Virgin Media technology. Not worth a monkey's sook 🥵

19 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Can we have the final to watch too? 🤣

Before that, after thinking that the other night was brilliant for us that were in the ground that night, I reckon the next step should be an actual live re-enaction for those that have only seen it on Sky, etc. Obvious, really. We can treat it as a pre-season game and I'm sure that 'boro and their fans wouldn't mind assisting.  

Tee, if you're still in touch at Wednesday...

😎

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Has anyone read the book 'is there time for a winner'?

Any good?

It's by Alex Miller & Joe Crann so I don't expect @Reesh to reply

Nope I'd rather cheese grate my scrotum than read owt by tweedledumb and tweedledee.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skamp said:

Has anyone read the book 'is there time for a winner'?

Any good?

It's by Alex Miller & Joe Crann so I don't expect @Reesh to reply

It was a gift to me so i felt duty bound to read it.If i recall correctly, it doesn’t flow cohesively making it a tiresome narrative.The other aspect is anyone who attended the matches is already aware of a lot of the events written.

Your probably best doing what Reesh mentioned.

• Haha 2