Saw this

IMG_8455.thumb.jpeg.8fdf665a924ced4bcca86cb8689ecf40.jpeg

that was pre Preston away.

PNE 5,341

Southampton 2,800 (est per same source)

Huddersfield 2,331 allocated and sold

Leicester 3,255 allocated and sold 

Millwall 2,719 (2900 allocated)

Average is now 2,585, imagine if we had a half decent season!!

Last 6 away 

Rotherham 2.1k

Ipswich 2k 

Boro 2k apparently 

Qpr 3k

Sunderland 2.5k

Blackburn 7k (doubt they offer it if they are dragged into the battle to stay up)

• Like 1

On 23/02/2024 at 20:26, Reesh said:

Saw this

IMG_8455.thumb.jpeg.8fdf665a924ced4bcca86cb8689ecf40.jpeg

that was pre Preston away.

PNE 5,341

Southampton 2,800 (est per same source)

Huddersfield 2,331 allocated and sold

Leicester 3,255 allocated and sold 

Millwall 2,719 (2900 allocated)

Average is now 2,585, imagine if we had a half decent season!!

Last 6 away 

Rotherham 2.1k

Ipswich 2k 

Boro 2k apparently 

Qpr 3k

Sunderland 2.5k

Blackburn 7k (doubt they offer it if they are dragged into the battle to stay up)

Any chance of us getting 4K at Sunderland you reckon? 

• 2 months later...

I love attendance stats. 

There are some well supported teams in this division. There are also some, such as Coventry, Boro and to some extent Southampton whose average home gates have surprised me. 

We’re only 7th yet I think our average is in the top 3 home gate for the last 25 years. I don’t recall our average in the Prem getting much above 27500. 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/championship/attendances 

What drove the huge difference - Plymouth away (we didn’t sell out) and them getting more at ours than at theirs? 
QPR away Leeds got similar to us?

I’ve not researched it, I’ll say that up front but I feel as though a few clubs have reduced the away fans allocation over the last few seasons, e.g. Huddersfield. Even Sunderland could have sold more to us. I realise that impacts all the away stats, but it just seems more that some clubs do it to try offset the away fans noise - but they seem to forget a noisy away end can spar the home fans, not to mention missing out on ticket sales.

10 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I’ve not researched it, I’ll say that up front but I feel as though a few clubs have reduced the away fans allocation over the last few seasons, e.g. Huddersfield. Even Sunderland could have sold more to us. I realise that impacts all the away stats, but it just seems more that some clubs do it to try offset the away fans noise - but they seem to forget a noisy away end can spar the home fans, not to mention missing out on ticket sales.

Even Rotherham cut number of tickets for visiting clubs this season, it used to be close on 2.600 but majority of clubs have only had around 2,100, only Southampton have had 2,500 this season. 

I wonder if clubs think smaller allocations for visiting fans means less police and stewards needed. 

I hope we only give them scrubbers a small allocation next season though. 1,500 in lower tier sounds about right with 3,000 of our fans up above them in upper. 

3 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Definitely.  It started yonks ago. Places that used to give us much or all of an end suddenly reduced our allocation. Huddersfield seemed to bring in lots of big flag waving tossers. Derby brought in their own fans to our area behind the goal and we ended up in a corner. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Definitely.  It started yonks ago. Places that used to give us much or all of an end suddenly reduced our allocation. Huddersfield seemed to bring in lots of big flag waving tossers. Derby brought in their own fans to our area behind the goal and we ended up in a corner. 

Yes they’re a couple of the ones I was thinking of.

Maybe as Bradowl says it’s to do with police/ stewarding costs. Although 3k instead of 2k away fans would seem a marginal difference to me, in the sense that you’ll probably need to same level of overheads and support for the number of coppers and stewards even if you need more boots on the ground. Presumably there’s some kind of  pivot of when it’s most cost effective for them. However when many of these stadia aren’t full for the majority of games it still seems odd to limit your ticket sales when you could sell more.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

Something I’ve never understood just seen this somewhere else 

The 10 highest Championship away attendances of the 2023/24 season… 🔵

1. Leeds at Blackburn 7,551
2. Sheff Wed at Blackburn 7,321
3. Preston at Blackburn 5,789
4. Leicester at Preston 5,744
5. Sunderland at Preston 5,655 
6. Leeds at Preston 5,567
7. Sheff Wed at Preston 5,341
8. Blackburn at Preston 4,722
9. Leicester at Coventry 4,500 
10. Coventry at Blackburn 4,338

so we sold out allocation at Blackburn? Leeds got more tickets or did 230 of us not turn up on the day?

I thought the same when I saw this, not only for Sunderland but Preston as well. As Ty suggest I don’t for one minute think it represents the number of not people turning up for a game, particularly the Blackburn game ie with it being so important 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/05/2024 at 15:06, HappyOwl said:

Makes me think Leeds fans did something stupid so they reduced it a bit 😡😡

Probably.  That’s why they always take more.  The seat smashing knobheads do something that gets the capacity reduced.

13 hours ago, owl71 said:

Probably.  That’s why they always take more.  The seat smashing knobheads do something that gets the capacity reduced.

I hope all the l**ds gwots (see what I did there Winco😁) that have managed to get tickets in the Southampton end get there arses handed to them. Better still they dont get owt to be excited about.