25 Man Squad

Well Hendrick, Gregory, Delgado and Paterson left out. 22 named so scope for a couple of unattached signings. Maybe Paterson gets back in if he gets fit.

If reports/rumours are true that Derby agreed at the death to paying 100% of Gregory's wages but scuppered by an additional loan/transfer fee then that's  a real head scratcher.

9 minutes ago, Retro Owl said:

From what i heard Derby weren't offering any where near 100% of Gregory's wages, in-fact it was a piss take ! 

Can Gregory still move on this season if his contract is mutually terminated?.

I don't think so. I believe his contract would need to have been cancelled before the end of the transfer window.

This is all under the assumption that the player that Warne was referring to on the last day that the "manager" had put a stop to.

On the replies to Warne's original interview there were posts suggesting it was Nahki Wells.

This would be more likely as the 'manager' here didn't put a stop to Gregory's deal.

Of it was Wells, then Gregory was either a backup option or a cheap punt in addition to. If he was a backup, then they tried ro get him late on the last day after mucking about all the window, or if he was an addition, they weren't going to be offering a lot as they were under spending limits.

Either way, the club would have been well within their rights to fuck Derby off for taking the piss.

4 minutes ago, RichWednesday said:

Derby offered full wages for Gregory. Then we wanted a loan fee or signing fee. Would have saved us approx 250K.

We’re looking to do the same for Smith, 100% wages. Again, we wanted a substantial fee.

Derby gave up as we are just terrible to negotiate with.

Go on, who you know at Wednesday that has revealed these facts to you, or is it just something you read?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andyben said:

So a club under greater financial restrictions  and having less cash were happy to pay the full wages of two 30-odd year olds 

Yes. I have it on good authority that the deals we’re agreed but as the players were about to sign, Chansiri (dressed as a cowboy) burst into the room, affected a commando roll, whipped two cap guns from their holsters and shouted “I want £250k or the deal’s off!  And you Gregory, you can rot in the reserves.” He then turned and rode from the room on an imaginary horse and could be heard singing “we’ve got no cash, no fucking cash, I just don’t think you understand” as he headed down the corridor. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

@RichWednesday

A deal was done with Mansfield for half wages and £100k loan fee, deferrable until the end of the season, but Derby got to Gregory's agent and said the deal would be done. Gregory fancied playing a division higher. Derby put the same half wages £100k deal on the table and we told them to fuck off. We wanted Derby to buy either Gregory or Smith, instead of loaning, because a loan meant we'd have one of our players potentially helping a team to switch places with us. Warne didn't want to buy Smith as he knows Smith becomes less effective in the Championship and he thought Gregory too old to be given a 2 year deal. Otherwise he'd have kept McGoldrick. Derby switched to Nahki Wells. Bristol City agreed a deal but Wells didn't want to step down a division, even though a loan to buy option was also on the table, so on deadline day they switched back to Smith. Rohl said no to Smith moving as the Maguire deal was all over the place. At 2pm Derby switched to Gregory again and we used deadline day tactics and said all his wages and a loan fee (I don't know how much) The loan fee was the sticking point but Rohl explained to Chansiri that he may still need Gregory at some point so it was reasoned that we've spent half a season paying his wages for minimal game time then it doesn't affect the wage balance to keep doing so. 

And I'm willing to reveal my source. It's me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

@RichWednesday

A deal was done with Mansfield for half wages and £100k loan fee, deferrable until the end of the season, but Derby got to Gregory's agent and said the deal would be done. Gregory fancied playing a division higher. Derby put the same half wages £100k deal on the table and we told them to fuck off. We wanted Derby to buy either Gregory or Smith, instead of loaning, because a loan meant we'd have one of our players potentially helping a team to switch places with us. Warne didn't want to buy Smith as he knows Smith becomes less effective in the Championship and he thought Gregory too old to be given a 2 year deal. Otherwise he'd have kept McGoldrick. Derby switched to Nahki Wells. Bristol City agreed a deal but Wells didn't want to step down a division, even though a loan to buy option was also on the table, so on deadline day they switched back to Smith. Rohl said no to Smith moving as the Maguire deal was all over the place. At 2pm Derby switched to Gregory again and we used deadline day tactics and said all his wages and a loan fee (I don't know how much) The loan fee was the sticking point but Rohl explained to Chansiri that he may still need Gregory at some point so it was reasoned that we've spent half a season paying his wages for minimal game time then it doesn't affect the wage balance to keep doing so. 

Interesting that you chose to omit the bit about Chansiri being dressed as a cowboy. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

@RichWednesday

So you have basically backed up what I said regarding Derby and Gregory.

46 minutes ago, RichWednesday said:

So you have basically backed up what I said regarding Derby and Gregory.

Derby were dicks in regard to both players all through the window. We wanted around £300k for either player. The fact they only came back after losing out on Wells shows you their true intent. Smith could have been a Derby player from around the 13th of January if they wanted him that much. Gregory was a bi product of losing out on Wells. He was their 3rd or 4th choice on desperation day. 

Derby were tyre kicking to see if we'd roll over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Supercockle said:

I’ll be honest, I had to look it up. Might give that a watch though. 

The episode I have just watched, had a bloke dressed as a cowboy coming in and going down the aisle, firing two cap guns whilst shouting idiotic things. 

It just looked like you had watched the same thing and adapted it 😀

By the way, it's an okay series but each episode is much of a muchness, IMHO.

They've tried to put storylines in, but a bit lame. 

It's in a similar vein to Yellowstone, but nowhere near as good, I'm on series 2 episode 4 and I might start fast forwarding through them. 

• Like 1