Season Tickets Early Bird

I've only gone and renewed for me and the kids.  Fook those on OT saying do not buy one and those who do are akin to paying into the funds of ISIS. 

I'll admit I wavered but more in protest of the 'Phases'.  My Daughters face last night also clinched it.  She's only been into Wednesday for 2 years and she looked really upset when I mentioned the possibility of not getting tickets. 

I used the Pay Pal 4 month interest free option and my computer has not blown up or been added to the CIA watch list. 

Now regardless of how this season pans out let me see DR still in charge and allowed to build a squad of his own.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

although the CIA watch list would be a bit rubbish if you could check if you were on it

I took wads of cash last week before the Watford game - I told the lad serving me that I hadn't seen a cheque for 20 years

he said I was the first person he had dealt with who had opted for the ticket on the phone option

42 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2024/february/202525-season-tickets-phase-1-deadline---your-questions-answered/

Might be prudent to extend deadline a bit on the back of this and hope for a good show on Friday. 

I think we should extend it another week, a good win at Leicester next Tuesday should pursued the doubters to buy. :classic_cool:

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2024 at 15:04, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I've only gone and renewed for me and the kids.  Fook those on OT saying do not buy one and those who do are akin to paying into the funds of ISIS. 

I'll admit I wavered but more in protest of the 'Phases'.  My Daughters face last night also clinched it.  She's only been into Wednesday for 2 years and she looked really upset when I mentioned the possibility of not getting tickets. 

I used the Pay Pal 4 month interest free option and my computer has not blown up or been added to the CIA watch list. 

Now regardless of how this season pans out let me see DR still in charge and allowed to build a squad of his own.

How much do those CIA watches cost then, H12P?  They sound dead cool!  😎

😋

Interesting that the Club have thanked the 10000 plus that have renewed.

I mean given the situation on and off the pitch it's a pretty good achievement. 

At the same time in the absence of prior data on numbers it might be the churn rate is at 40% maybe greater, not so good.

Folk will get season tickets come what may, it is basically part of what they are, what they do as family or friends.

The risk is that churn rate. Once you stop renewing, then its a hard internal self sell to get you to change your mind back. Churn is naturally at 10% but that is usually offset by 10% newbies or returners. But at 40% you are not offsetting  and how many of those will never return irrespective of owner or performance on the pitch. 

The last few non Covid impacted years have seen what 21k - 23k rough average home fans per league game. To see it drop back to 15k - 17k is sad but indicative of the strain between owner and fans. Not good 

23 minutes ago, mkowl said:

At the same time in the absence of prior data on numbers it might be the churn rate is at 40% maybe greater, not so good.

Folk will get season tickets come what may, it is basically part of what they are, what they do as family or friends.

The risk is that churn rate. Once you stop renewing, then its a hard internal self sell to get you to change your mind back. Churn is naturally at 10% but that is usually offset by 10% newbies or returners. But at 40% you are not offsetting  and how many of those will never return irrespective of owner or performance on the pitch. 

The last few non Covid impacted years have seen what 21k - 23k rough average home fans per league game. To see it drop back to 15k - 17k is sad but indicative of the strain between owner and fans. Not good 

The day is yet to fully awaken and Kev is here to piss on your chips!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Or its called debating salient points about Sheffield Wednesday on an erm Sheffield Wednesday forum 

But you're never fucking positive, granted living in Buckinghamshire is enough to rain on your daily life, but come on sunshine?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I did some fag packet maths on this last season when he said he lost a million a year on early birds, and it worked out at about 10k, based on the average adult prices. So the numbers don't seem to be that different.

So, with the churn rate, you're suggesting that potentially 4k have left and the other 4k will come from 1k new/returners and 3k normal season ticket holders?

Is this coming from anywhere in particular or just hypothetical. Is therecany reason for it to be over 10%

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

To see it drop back to 15k - 17k is sad but indicative of the strain between owner and fans. Not good 

So humour me, where do you get the figures from and on what basis is that assertion being made.

In time of significant financial hardship and frankly fucking rubbish football, why do you attribute the purported reduction in attendances solely on the alleged strain between owner and fans. 

Specifics and details Kev.

He's plucked a 40% churn rate out of the air, backed up by zero data or stats to satisfy his miserable agenda, 10k+ season tickets in the short early bird window might be above the club's forecast, they might be quite happy, who knows?

Edited by Fat Eric
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tewksbury said:

I did some fag packet maths on this last season when he said he lost a million a year on early birds, and it worked out at about 10k, based on the average adult prices. So the numbers don't seem to be that different.

So, with the churn rate, you're suggesting that potentially 4k have left and the other 4k will come from 1k new/returners and 3k normal season ticket holders?

Is this coming from anywhere in particular or just hypothetical. Is therecany reason for it to be over 10%

Of course its hypothetical the Club never release data on the number of season tickets sold 

But as I indicated the rough average home attendance is about 21k to 23k - is that reasonable to conclude 

Of that is it reasonable to suggest 80% -85% are season ticket holders - get you to about 18k season ticket holders 

Of which I would suggest 80% to 85% would renew in phase 1 - say 14000 season ticket holders 

If the Club is announcing 10000 plus then the churn is nearer 30% ok - still high 

The 10% ordinary churn rate is not Wednesday related but across football clubs - a stat in a book Soccerconomics. That is natural churn, not actually related to the football on the pitch just peoples circumstances change. 

So based on my musings not facts because there is no data available to prove one way or the other, then my assessment is the churn is substantial. To say that is not related to performance on the pitch and the numerous people pissed off with Chansiri is being a bit blind to the reality 

It may be these season ticket holder numbers can be quickly recovered (if my numbers are reasonable) but the risk is once gone folk do not return. Their kids never get thru the door etc.  

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

So humour me, where do you get the figures from and on what basis is that assertion being made.

In time of significant financial hardship and frankly fucking rubbish football, why do you attribute the purported reduction in attendances solely on the alleged strain between owner and fans. 

Specifics and details Kev.

Done and I said indicative of the strain

Clearly the other 2 factors are relevant but just scroll social media tells you why folk are not renewing - to ignore it as a factor would be wrong as me saying that is the sole reason 

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Of course its hypothetical the Club never release data on the number of season tickets sold 

But as I indicated the rough average home attendance is about 21k to 23k - is that reasonable to conclude 

Of that is it reasonable to suggest 80% -85% are season ticket holders - get you to about 18k season ticket holders 

Of which I would suggest 80% to 85% would renew in phase 1 - say 14000 season ticket holders 

If the Club is announcing 10000 plus then the churn is nearer 30% ok - still high 

The 10% ordinary churn rate is not Wednesday related but across football clubs - a stat in a book Soccerconomics. That is natural churn, not actually related to the football on the pitch just peoples circumstances change. 

So based on my musings not facts because there is no data available to prove one way or the other, then my assessment is the churn is substantial. To say that is not related to performance on the pitch and the numerous people pissed off with Chansiri is being a bit blind to the reality 

It may be these season ticket holder numbers can be quickly recovered (if my numbers are reasonable) but the risk is once gone folk do not return. Their kids never get thru the door etc.  

80-85% seems a bit high.

So only 15-20% buy season tickets in later phases or in the summer?

There will be plenty of people waiting till the last minute of earlybird, to take advantage of the paypal credit terms, which would take them into July, etc.

There are also games against Birmingham, Plymouth, Millwall and Rotherham coming up before the deadline,  which will effectively decide what league we're in next season.

If it is 85%, it also begs another question.

What the fuck are fans complaining about regarding ticket prices? If that number is right, PotG should be even higher than they are.

At the end of the day, even if you're bang on, 17k home fans isn't an issue in L1, there will be away fans knocking it up to 20 and as soon as we win a few games there will be a fee more.

As for social media, the don't but a season ticket lot are mainly people who didn't have one and wouldn't buy one anyway along with a few who say one thing and do another. People are all for protests until it costs them something.

There's also the 'silent majority' thing going on where people just aren't admitting to buying one due to the backlash. It's not dissatisfaction that's driving this, it's outright bullying.

I'm more worried about the ones that have been pressured to not buy one, then when it calms down, can't afford one. I hope these scumbags will take responsibility when that happens and help these people.

I suppose we'll see anyway in a couple of months.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

80-85% seems a bit high.

So only 15-20% buy season tickets in later phases or in the summer?

There will be plenty of people waiting till the last minute of earlybird, to take advantage of the paypal credit terms, which would take them into July, etc.

There are also games against Birmingham, Plymouth, Millwall and Rotherham coming up before the deadline,  which will effectively decide what league we're in next season.

If it is 85%, it also begs another question.

What the fuck are fans complaining about regarding ticket prices? If that number is right, PotG should be even higher than they are.

At the end of the day, even if you're bang on, 17k home fans isn't an issue in L1, there will be away fans knocking it up to 20 and as soon as we win a few games there will be a fee more.

As for social media, the don't but a season ticket lot are mainly people who didn't have one and wouldn't buy one anyway along with a few who say one thing and do another. People are all for protests until it costs them something.

There's also the 'silent majority' thing going on where people just aren't admitting to buying one due to the backlash. It's not dissatisfaction that's driving this, it's outright bullying.

I'm more worried about the ones that have been pressured to not buy one, then when it calms down, can't afford one. I hope these scumbags will take responsibility when that happens and help these people.

I suppose we'll see anyway in a couple of months.

You asked me to show my workings - which I did 

But I can't prove my figures as much as you can disprove them. The data is simply not in the public domain to do that 

I never suggested this was fact, that it was conjecture 

But if numbers are down and you think its fuck all to do with Chansiri's running of the Club I would argue you are as deluded as those that think holding up a protest leaflet will humble Chansiri into selling the Club

My point in once you lose season ticket holders its not that easy to drag them back and what does that mean to the future ability of the Club to be competitive with or without Chansiri. 

The silent majority will just do what they want and I concur no one should be pressured or bullied one way or the other. I haven't felt the need to tell the world what I am doing, not that it would rightly make a jot of difference to people on here. My decision is absolutely to do with the number of midweek games and shifted to Friday night games than any gripe on prices or Chansiri. 

I look at this and last season a bit differently, with another factor to take into account.

This time last season the club was in a good position and looking a strong bet for automatic promotion (didn’t we go top of the league around this time?). With that in mind the decision to renew season tickets at this time of year was a bit of a no brainer, as the worst case and unlikely scenario was that we’d remain a League 1 club.

This season, we’ve probably got supporters sitting on the fence just now, waiting to see what division we are in before making a decision to renew (or not), and therefore deciding against taking the early bird offer.

I have to admit I was impressed with the announcement that over 10k supporters have already renewed their season tickets - that's absolutely phenomenal support!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, mkowl said:

You asked me to show my workings - which I did 

But I can't prove my figures as much as you can disprove them. The data is simply not in the public domain to do that 

I never suggested this was fact, that it was conjecture 

But if numbers are down and you think its fuck all to do with Chansiri's running of the Club I would argue you are as deluded as those that think holding up a protest leaflet will humble Chansiri into selling the Club

My point in once you lose season ticket holders its not that easy to drag them back and what does that mean to the future ability of the Club to be competitive with or without Chansiri. 

The silent majority will just do what they want and I concur no one should be pressured or bullied one way or the other. I haven't felt the need to tell the world what I am doing, not that it would rightly make a jot of difference to people on here. My decision is absolutely to do with the number of midweek games and shifted to Friday night games than any gripe on prices or Chansiri. 

That was in no way an attack, I just find 85% purchasing in the first week a bit of a stretch, and it's the number that all your assumptions are based.

Chansiri said he loses a million a year on earlybird, so that works out at around 8-10k earlybird tickets based off price differences for adult tickets (think it ranged from 7k to 11k on the extremes, with 7k all the biggest difference adult ticket and 11k being the lowest difference child tickets), 14k could be looking closer to 2 million  if at one extreme and I don't see him understating his losses. If it was anywhere above 1.5 he would have said so.

So that's my working. It's from last summer, so may not be exact, but the rough figures are there.

What is it with being called deluded this week? Spent the start of the week being called it elsewhere when I said we'd get more than 12k total attendance next season. That aged well. Also when I said another club had card merchant issues and that Chansiri had called the Star off his own back about the tax issue.

As for the reasons, I'd say it's mainly pitch based. It may be the thought of playing Barrow, may be that they're waiting, we may have sold more than last year already, we'll never know.

This online Chansiri revolt can be boiled down to a dozen X accounts, a site and a journo. However they are the 10-20 most active at the minute, so it's still not as widespread as it seems.

It's easy to answer a twitter poll, change your photo, like and share, sing a song, wave a flyer. But getting people to actually deprive themselves of something is a whole different story. Half the ringleaders will have renewed already.

As I said, there are 4 bottom 10 games before the deadline on March 8th, a lot can change in that time.

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Arsenal Season Tickets announced for next season.  Cheapest adult ticket is £1,073.

I know they always used to have a number of cup games "included". No idea if still the case 

Never really tracked the EPL season ticket prices - it was quite prominent in the news when they kept going up.

The one certainty in life no football clubs will ever go, "you know what let's cap player wages to our budget rather than seek to fleece the fans"

22 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I know they always used to have a number of cup games "included". No idea if still the case 

Never really tracked the EPL season ticket prices - it was quite prominent in the news when they kept going up.

The one certainty in life no football clubs will ever go, "you know what let's cap player wages to our budget rather than seek to fleece the fans"

With the new format of European competitions for the 2024/25 season, there will be one extra guaranteed Group Stage home fixture included in a General Admission season ticket – taking the number of matches included from 22 to 23 next season. This is made up of all 19 Premier League and four European Group Stage home matches, subject to qualification.  

On 20/02/2024 at 12:16, Beaconowl said:

47 quid a game then? Probably not bad value, when you consider the quality of the product and the stadium

Arsenal and their fans can get f**ked. Entitled bunch of asshats. I hope they raise prices to £200 per game.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Not a new reason for outrage imo, minor increase on phase 3.

Multiple and short phases are the valid criticism but seeing the usual shite on twitter and OT to suit the whinging narrative. 

It's a £25 increase each phase on the Kop, bit more on the others.

11 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

It's a £25 increase each phase on the Kop, bit more on the others.

Exactly 

Every phase has been a £25/£35 increase, £1 - £1.50 per game

Probably will be for the next one too

The idea this is something to be outraged and offended by is fucking exhausting

The type of bullshit whinging you'd expect from the pigs but not us, sick of it

Don't like the short deadlines and tbh I didn't want one for next season.

Now, if I choose to get one for 25/26 season I've basically got what 10 months or thereabouts to put away say £500-600. £50-60 a month then buy in phase 1. Easy to plan ahead and hardly that noticeable each month really I wouldn't say and I'm not exactly loaded most weeks

Edited by holmesfield_owl