On your marks, get set ..

Skamp

• Skamp changed the title to On your marks, get set ..
5 minutes ago, Skamp said:

And get ready to hear 'how much'  ' get out of club' etc.

Next season tickets on sale this week

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2023/december/202425-season-tickets-on-sale-friday/?fbclid=IwAR1ISMbaBg-4u8TQ4Xv90j_Stut5DidwxYp0UnvqL-dmMqy3GDx0059ioO8

Chansiri gets a lot of unwarranted criticism but this is something that really f**ks me off.  

Let’s see the prices before we get carried away.

If it is discounted on this seasons prices for two weeks, and then the Jan tickets are at this seasons prices, no issues.

If there is an increase now and a bigger increase in Jan, not great especially as it is currently very probably that we’ll be a third division team again next season.

Inevitable that this would follow the highly priced half season ticket announcement which was surely designed to make the EB tickets look a bargain.

As MK said it's purpose is to assist cash flow.  My concern is that it's a tool needed ostensibly earlier with each passing year.

Unless there's a sting in the pricing I'll  be taking up the offer. Some won't be able to or choose not to. Personal choice.   I wont comment on whether any 0% finance offer will be considered  adequate mitigation as it's not a facility I have used or will use.

Whilst it used to annoy me that STs went on sale midway through the season, it no longer does. It annoyed me because I had to decide early whether I wanted to continue watching dross (eg when Monk was here). Last season it worked in fans and clubs favour, as we were deciding at a time when we were riding high. This season has been a disaster but I’ll be renewing, based entirely on what DR is trying to achieve. I don’t mind which division that is in. 

As others have said, it’s something of a moot point as this has been happening for years and so shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. 

I cannot see how the starting point can be below the pro rata price of the three year ticket so reckon I will be looking at a £900 touch on the Kop for me and both kids - although Half Pint is (supposed to be) paying for his own - or it is added to the tab !

We have the cash but at what point does it become too much especially when the likelihood will be in a lower division again ?  Having bought at the first available period since 1990 it feels increasingly like emotional / loyalty blackmail second guessing how much the price will increase if we do not commit in the first phase of 17.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I cannot see how the starting point can be below the pro rata price of the three year ticket so reckon I will be looking at a £900 touch on the Kop for me and both kids - although Half Pint is (supposed to be) paying for his own - or it is added to the tab !

We have the cash but at what point does it become too much especially when the likelihood will be in a lower division again ?  Having bought at the first available period since 1990 it feels increasingly like emotional / loyalty blackmail second guessing how much the price will increase if we do not commit in the first phase of 17.

The issue for Chansiri is that once you push against the annual blackmail its very easy never to return to that commitment of getting a season ticket. The capacity at the stadium means you can pick and choose games really. For me it was twofold, the quantum of midweek games and I wasn't really enjoying the football on show. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The issue for Chansiri is that once you push against the annual blackmail its very easy never to return to that commitment of getting a season ticket. The capacity at the stadium means you can pick and choose games really. For me it was twofold, the quantum of midweek games and I wasn't really enjoying the football on show. 

One of my concerns is I would stop going as would look at the match by match price and think I am not paying that.   Will just have to suck it up.

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

One of my concerns is I would stop going as would look at the match by match price and think I am not paying that.   Will just have to suck it up.

It definitely as an impact on your mindset. Once I factor in £50 for fuel on top, the leave the house at 10.30am and get back 7.30pm 

Ok I have different set of geographical factors in the mix that add to the equation. 

Its very strange to admit, once you are out the routine I don't now miss the hassle of matchday 

Edited by mkowl

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

It definitely as an impact on your mindset. Once I factor in £50 for fuel on top, the leave the house at 10.30am and get back 7.30pm 

Ok I have different set of geographical factors in the mix that add to the equation. 

Its very strange to admit, once you are out the routine I don't now miss the hassle of matchday 

If I had to pay each time I went to games, I’d probably go to 5 or 6 a year. As it is, I buy a season ticket and probably miss 5 games a season. I also leave on 65 minutes when it suits (Millwall) without being enraged by having spunked £35 to see us be awful. A season ticket is the only way to keep me fully engaged. 

• Like 1

My prime annoyance is how that renewal date has gotten dragged ever forward. I mean back in the days of black and white early 80s, the renewal prices were announced at the last match of the season. You had 5 or 6 weeks to renew. There were follow up phases etc throughout the summer.

It was Strafford that first really brought it forward and that was 100% to pay off a short term loan. Wasn't that long after that the shit hit the fan with HMRC.

And that is my issue the Club is using the money theoretically for next season today. This is fine until the shit hits the fan possibly in the future. 

I look at it logically. An owner who has stated he could limit funds, who a few weeks ago was suggesting the customers should bridge the gap financially. If I was aware of this in any other walk of life would I put money in 9 months before I got to see the benefit. And in the meantime risk losing my shirt

Football is a fucking nonsense really but the grip it has on you is how they get away with it 

Because you're an accountant you're trying to rationalise this against 'normal' business practice which, whilst a thoroughly reasonable thing to do, as you know doesn't stack up in the world of football finance. Clubs operate in some weird sphere outside of normal business practices and even if the club went into admin the day after season tickets were sold, everyone who bought one would get one. Look at the furore with season ticket refunds the other year, still all worked out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Because you're an accountant you're trying to rationalise this against 'normal' business practice which, whilst a thoroughly reasonable thing to do, as you know doesn't stack up in the world of football finance. Clubs operate in some weird sphere outside of normal business practices and even if the club went into admin the day after season tickets were sold, everyone who bought one would get one. Look at the furore with season ticket refunds the other year, still all worked out.

Tbh Chansiri expands that normality to another level. 

5 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Aye, and that loyalty that they play on from fans, is the same they do for employees too…

’Thousands would love to have the chance’ etc, so take the piss out of people working for them.

(Not all clubs but there’s a sizable number that will)

12 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Probably the case as you say in that the new owners would honour the season tickets sold because you ain't going to piss off your only customer base down the line. 

For most of my football supporting life I have thought like a fan, it was always the escape from the mundane world of my accountancy career. I mean the last 15 years and Wednesday's history mean the twain have met more and more.

Perhaps as you get older the cynicism of football just jars more. The players that clutch the badge bollocks a trait I have much disdain for. 

I guess I enjoy the basics of football, just less and less the shite behind it, and more how that loyalty, that grip football has on us constantly gets exploited

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Why wouldn't they?

Same company. 

True if its the same company. Depends on the type of admin outcome and I guess the complication of the regulator.

My point is if you were aware a local venue was struggling financially you wouldn't put a full deposit down for an event next year. Football fans generally presume all will be fine.

19 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Just sat in my kitchen pissing my self thinking about all the online Nevs who've had their #chansiriout posts ready since 859am....

Yep, foaming at the mouth with fingers tapping the F5 key and/or refresh tab. 

To be fair Nev is pretty moderate compared to some though.

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

You're better off staying out of it. As an exile it doesn't affect you

Calm down Doris...

So why wouldn't online Nevs barking at the moon spreading their misinformed invictive and bile about the club I love have an affect on me.

As you've already said you won't be buying one, I'd say that it doesn't affect you either does it?

Edited by Andyben

On 05/12/2023 at 14:28, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Massively conflicted, blokes a fucking moron and this early bird period is a reflection of how much he's fucked the club up during his time here, it's also unheard of at other clubs. On the flip side I love my club, i enjoy sharing a day where it's just me & the eldest and look forward to doing that with both lads in time. Also i worry for those employed by the club should thousands not take him up as i think will happen.

As it stands i'll probably not bother, i can't stand the bloke. Sooner he fucks off the better

Wow, only just seen this, wish I hadn't!

46 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

So. Finally… We get the off pitch stuff around the first team sorted. But the off pitch stuff around the fans isn’t. 

There’s always summat with Wednesday to have a pop at.
🤣

27 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Its as if Chansiri thrives on / enjoys chaos. 

Or he doesn't give a flying fuck about the Nevs 

1 hour ago, holmesfield_owl said:

4) there's been some sort of IT issue and it's fucked everything up unexpectedly

Probably more likely

Computer said No 

Failed a data validation test as the algorithm refused to accept you could feasibly start selling season tickets 9 months before the kick off 

I mean in the end it is a sensible decision by the Club to delay this, but it is another PR gaffe presumably authorised by the owner that should never have arisen in the first place. 

This potential phase is 3 months before any Championship club and the vast majority do so in April. Sensible and fair on supporters as well.