RIP Terry Venables

Vialli

For all his tactical acumen - he was also responsible for one of the most tedious games of football I saw at S6. Be circa 1982, QPR got promoted that year but he was an aficionado of the offside trap. About 40 offsides and their winner - yep a dubious non given offside 

His football business side was erm quite "interesting"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

For all his tactical acumen - he was also responsible for one of the most tedious games of football I saw at S6. Be circa 1982, QPR got promoted that year but he was an aficionado of the offside trap. About 40 offsides and their winner - yep a dubious non given offside 

His football business side was erm quite "interesting"

I think I read about that in his Telegraph Obituary 

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

I think I read about that in his Telegraph Obituary 

I think it's in a Tom Bower book. Not just about him, lot about Ken Bates and his acquisition of Stamford Bridge. Involved an insolvency guy that I knew of which was interesting from a work perspective 

12 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I think it's in a Tom Bower book. Not just about him, lot about Ken Bates and his acquisition of Stamford Bridge. Involved an insolvency guy that I knew of which was interesting from a work perspective 

No  meant the part about despite all his success there was one game in 1982 that Internet curmudgeon @mkowl thought was th most boring match ever