Beware The Ides Of September.......

80s Owl

Hypothetical I know but if we fail at Bellend Rd this weekend as I fear we might, the game after the International break could see the an awful atmosphere at Hillsborough, especially if an Ipswich side who have started well get an early goal, it could be one of the most toxic we've seen at the ground, something needs to change and quickly, at the moment I can't see what or when that will be.

2 hours ago, 80s Owl said:

Hypothetical I know but if we fail at Bellend Rd this weekend as I fear we might, the game after the International break could see the an awful atmosphere at Hillsborough, especially if an Ipswich side who have started well get an early goal, it could be one of the most toxic we've seen at the ground, something needs to change and quickly, at the moment I can't see what or when that will be.

I can only go on what I've read about the last couple of games, and while social media isn't always the most reliable of places for balanced opinion, it does seem like there's a distinct shift towards more people being negative around the club and what's going on right now on AND off it. Talk of the banner at the back of the Kop being taken down by fans etc seems to be more commonplace. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I can only go on what I've read about the last couple of games, and while social media isn't always the most reliable of places for balanced opinion, it does seem like there's a distinct shift towards more people being negative around the club and what's going on right now on AND off it. Talk of the banner at the back of the Kop being taken down by fans etc seems to be more commonplace. 

Yes I've seen the same, a smattering of anti chairman chants at Cardiff on Saturday, obviously an upturn in results soon vanquishes these things but I fear the worst if the next result and the Ipswich game don't go our way.

I think the end to the transfer window could contribute too. The players we’re linked with seem to be linked with several other Championship teams, which likely means that someone will be unhappy when the window closes. If we don’t make additions and lose convincingly, it isn’t going to be good. 

6 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

How are the gobshite fuckers gonna take the banner down, they need to actually enter the ground.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I do think if we lose this weekend, Ipswich could be the first time we hear the volume of the chants aimed squarely at the owner turned up to a more widespread level.

Won’t be from me and I guarantee any **** singing it around me is gonna get it.

• Like 4

Got involved in debate with the Rev singer on X .. he posted this list which contained the King of Thailand memorial and Elephants - I nicely pointed out that he should be a little ashamed of posting something containing that him being Mr anti racism and left wing. He blocked me! 

Am bored today may find this list and do a thread on here lol

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, EBRA said:

Got involved in debate with the Rev singer on X .. he posted this list which contained the King of Thailand memorial and Elephants - I nicely pointed out that he should be a little ashamed of posting something containing that him being Mr anti racism and left wing. He blocked me! 

Have seen it on Stalk I think 

Tbf to the Rev he apparently dismissed this Shaw investor fella as Chansiri MK 2 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EBRA said:

Yes get it on 😂

There was once a clip of a radio interview doing the rounds where he was basically calling scousers bin dippers I wish I'd saved a copy of it, total hypocrite.

Edited by 80s Owl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Who instigated the banner in the first place ? 

2 hours ago, 80s Owl said:

Yes get it on 😂

There was once a clip of a radio interview doing the rounds where he was basically calling scousers bin dippers I wish I'd saved a copy of it, total hypocrite.

Did he unpin the apology to Rachel Riley for his bullying and antisemitic comments?