Taking the Cardi out of Cardiff.

2 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Let’s be reyt, it’s all his fault. He’s employed this clown of a manager and he’s responsible for the budgets that mean we’ve had to take mainly foreigners that could take 6 months or more to fit in. 

The bloke is an incompetent fool and the sooner he fucks off the better 

Apparently a chant from the away end of Chansiri get out of our club. 

Sadly he is the custodian so can do the fuck he wants, for the price he wants.

We should be grateful for his money, but on how to run a sustainable football club and have a plan he is as clueless as his latest head coach appointment.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Let’s be reyt, it’s all his fault. He’s employed this clown of a manager and he’s responsible for the budgets that mean we’ve had to take mainly foreigners that could take 6 months or more to fit in. 

The bloke is an incompetent fool and the sooner he fucks off the better 

OK Nev, you source a buyer

7 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Since when did you become Reesh s best friend? Fuckin hilarious sit at home whilst the fuckin club implodes taking the piss absolute wank 

I was out having a nice lunch with my wife.

I doubt you were kidnapped and taken to Cardiff.

Make better life choices, you'll be much happier 

• Like 1

I must be missing something @KrolMong with the penalty then, because the jury is firmly out for me - in fact if anything I don’t think it was one and that it came off Vaulks’ shoulder.

I’m listening to Praise & Grumble and I’m not sure how to go with this. My thoughts are what did supporters expect this season? For me it was always going to be a struggle - but then you’ve got the Chairman talking about top six, so why shouldn’t supporters buy into that?

For me, we’re going nowhere under Chansiri. He’s got the long term vision and planning of a goldfish and if we were going to do something under his custodianship, I dare say we’d have done it already. I’m not a fan of the manager and I have little confidence in him or his ability to make things better at SWFC, but I don’t blame him, nor do I blame the new players we’ve brought in, who may/may not be up to the task.

But it doesn’t matter what I think, Chansiri owns the club, he has massive amounts of money tied up in the club, and until he decides what the next steps are there’s nothing anyone can do.

I’ve said a couple of times I’d be happy with fourth bottom, and I still feel that way - but even if we do finish fourth bottom I see next season being yet another time when we will have to rebuild the squad, and who knows, we might even have had a new manager or two by that time. Chansiri needs to buck his ideas up as to what he wants to achieve with SWFC and how he intends to get there (and that includes an exit strategy, if that’s the direction he wants to take), because at this moment in time we are just drifting between L1 and the Championship - and I don’t see things ever getting any better than that with the current way in which the club is run!

9 minutes ago, Andyben said:

I was out having a nice lunch with my wife.

I doubt you were kidnapped and taken to Cardiff.

Make better life choices, you'll be much happier 

Hilarious again and liked by your bestie

I chose to go and support the club I love no better day but when some nob starts taking the piss it’s a tad annoying so do fuck off 

2 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

I chose to go and support the club I love no better day but when some nob starts taking the piss it’s a tad annoying so do fuck off 

You chose to go, fair play, been there, done that. 

You non Sheffield lot are very precious.

8 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Well done.

Grab yourself a choccy biscuit.

Spouting absolute mince on a forum isn't supporting the club.

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Well done.

Grab yourself a choccy biscuit.

Spouting absolute mince on a forum isn't supporting the club.

Being a **** isn’t either but your doing a good job cheers I’m done lap it up and see you later WTID can’t be doing with nobs and I never thought it on here but there it is 

The problem is that coming off the high of the end of last season, Chansiri seems to have played every joker card available to destroy the feelgood factor that ensued. And I think a vast chunk of the fan base have simply had enough of the constant turmoil and chop and change.

It seems a rudderless approach to the playing side and you can't approach it on a wing and a prayer.

We may have gone P4 L4 under Moore - who knows - but the body language of the players when we concede speaks volumes to me 

And it may turnaround but I am struggling to see where and player confidence is taking constant knocks which can never help

• Like 1

We absolutely spawned it last season after falling apart twice under DM.

If we'd have capitalised when top and seen it through, then we could have done an Ipswich perhaps.

But we were lucky, lucky because we worked hard in the home league v Peterborough but lucky. 

We were shit in the final but dug it out - we had no discernible tactics under DM and we're now being coached properly and the players are struggling with the change.

It will come good.

Like @KrolMongsays there's some key positions to fix and fill, but we'll be fine come next May 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Apparently a chant from the away end of Chansiri get out of our club

To the tune of Sloop John B according to a mate that went. It got extinguished but it got a bit lairy between those wanting the chant to stop and those wanting everyone to join in. 

Just now, Tylluan said:

To the tune of Sloop John B according to a mate that went. It got extinguished but it got a bit lairy between those wanting the chant to stop and those wanting everyone to join in. 

It didn’t get extinguished and it was repeated several times until we scored them they shut the fuck up and acted like proper Wednesdayites 

So until we scored they were a fuckin embarrassing shower of shit I stood and watch whilst the toxic media wank took over the stands instead of getting behind the team on the pitch I’m absolutely devastated on my way back lowest I’ve felt for a long time. Only place I come for some sanctuary is on here and I get shit here.

I’m fuckin done with all Wednesday related social media 

See you at Mansfield and Leeds if you got the bollox 

See ya 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

It didn’t get extinguished and it was repeated several times until we scored them they shut the fuck up and acted like proper Wednesdayites 

So until we scored they were a fuckin embarrassing shower of shit I stood and watch whilst the toxic media wank took over the stands instead of getting behind the team on the pitch I’m absolutely devastated on my way back lowest I’ve felt for a long time. Only place I come for some sanctuary is on here and I get shit here.

I’m fuckin done with all Wednesday related social media 

See you at Mansfield and Leeds if you got the bollox 

See ya 

What is a proper Wednesdayite ? 

One that is supposed to accept crap year after year and say nothing but sit and have our bellies tickled. 

Ones that see their loyalty exploited year on year. 

Ones that would like to a semblance of a plan for player recruitment rather than stumbling around at the last minute 

I don't profess that Moore was some messiah. He had plenty of weaknesses but it was a base to build from, some continuity, he was generally liked by the fans and the media. 

It is interesting that the media wank as you describe it, is in fact that he was well liked, that he created positive PR for the club. Frankly I think the media see our stuggles as thoroughly deserved karma 

Every Wednesday fan wants the best for the Club. The likes of you perceive that as simply giving 100% unrelenting support irrespective of the shit served up. Others see it more if you run the Club in the manner Chansiri does we are never going to progress but we are expected to pay top dollar at the same time 

• Like 1

I will tell you what we are seeing.

There is a horrible lack of defensive structure. Football basics, you stop the cross or you mark in the middle. Diaby (the Preston version) is an abysmal centre half. He’s marking nothing. And because we aren’t stopping the cross, largely down to either centre halves playing at full back or poor full backs not getting close, then we expose that area of the pitch.

Then we look at us in possession. No pace. We can play a game with Bannan and Byers in the middle if 3 of the 4 ahead of them are runners. They aren’t. Paterson wants that big diag on his head. Smith and Gregory want everything into feet… and what happens when everyone wants it to feet? You condense play, teams can press down the middle, and the you rely in the full backs and center halves to just launch it. Windass is the only runner.

I will make the same point again. It’s uncoached. Are we a counter team or a possession team? I’ve seen us try three different ways and failed badly at all of them. We don’t look organized, we look poor with the ball and we look structureless.

I’m not convinced by any signing in terms of them being good enough for this division, and in some cases, this country. 

We have got about a week to bring in proven pedigree either on the field. And I mean real players who have a proper understanding of this level.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

What is a proper Wednesdayite ? 

One that is supposed to accept crap year after year and say nothing but sit and have our bellies tickled. 

Ones that see their loyalty exploited year on year. 

Ones that would like to a semblance of a plan for player recruitment rather than stumbling around at the last minute 

I don't profess that Moore was some messiah. He had plenty of weaknesses but it was a base to build from, some continuity, he was generally liked by the fans and the media. 

It is interesting that the media wank as you describe it, is in fact that he was well liked, that he created positive PR for the club. Frankly I think the media see our stuggles as thoroughly deserved karma 

Every Wednesday fan wants the best for the Club. The likes of you perceive that as simply giving 100% unrelenting support irrespective of the shit served up. Others see it more if you run the Club in the manner Chansiri does we are never going to progress but we are expected to pay top dollar at the same time 

Excellent post. 

Can't argue with any of that KM

I would add Vasquez is not commanding his box. The goal was probably a bit too far but there were I think 3 other occasions where there were crosses around the 6 yard line he stood on his line. 

To your point is he any better than Dawson ? I haven't seen that his distribution is way better, so that is a change I simply do not get. 

In terms of the coaching then if you are 5 competitive games in you are still searching for your style to me you have problems 

To be honest I thought we played ok today - we deserved a point for sure.

BUT - that team played 442, and was essentially Moore’s league 1 team with a few additions.

Did the players get their way or did Xisco relent and try something new?

Had he started with this formation and approach I think we’d have a few points on the board.

Need to see peno back - didn’t get the right view from within ground. Gutted with outcome.

Chansiri out chants have now started -

loud - yes (one section only didn’t really filter throughout )

Universal - no

Delgado abuse is gaining due to some wayward passes but he’s got something about him.

What will happen in the coming weeks are arguments and fights in the ground I suspect if we don’t start to get some results soon. 

11 minutes ago, Winco said:

Jesus, some of these posts.

get a grip ffs.

It's called debate

Isn't what a forum should be about.

Tbh the only counter arguments I am seeing is for insults to be thrown about. This place should be better than that 

Because those saying everything's going to be alright don't seem to have much compelling evidence to fall back on.

• Like 1

I said on another thread about the Leeds ticket situation and how some seem to have ‘unusual’ priorities.

Same with this really, we should be spitting feathers about a dodgy refereeing display but instead the criticism is aimed inwards.

I understand why but it just shows we’re in strange times and I do think that some of the more vehement elements would rather be proved right than accept that maybe there were other factors as to why we lost today.

This is not aimed at anyone here btw

• Like 5

54 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

It's called debate

Isn't what a forum should be about.

Tbh the only counter arguments I am seeing is for insults to be thrown about. This place should be better than that 

Because those saying everything's going to be alright don't seem to have much compelling evidence to fall back on.

It’s how toxic this debate gets towards the club that’s bothering me pal.

There’s hardly a queue of people willing to put there money we’re there mouth is to buy DC out and fir me he’s the best chairman we’ve had in a generation.

give it time ffs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Winco said:

There’s hardly a queue of people willing to put there money we’re there mouth is to buy DC out and fir me he’s the best chairman we’ve had in a generation.

give it time ffs.

He doesn't really have much competition for that accolade, does he?

If what we've been told on here is true about a 'brochure' being circulated listing the club for sale, maybe he should be communicating this to the fans. If he was to say costs have been cut as he wants out and he wants to keep losses to a minimum while he's still here, fair enough. 

The accounts were released and I thought, he's got us promoted against the smallest loss in years - bravo, albeit the previous season's accounts. We didn't overdo it last summer though. To then spend next to nothing after promotion says to me he's just keeping us ticking along. It's not a change of strategy at all. It's an exit strategy. 

TBF most businesses are always for sale if the right level of coin is put on the table. 

This is football though.

Rule book of business purchase is right out of the window.

I'm still in the give it a few games crowd ATM.

Be interesting to see what happens as the window closes.

We WILL stay up though.

10 hours ago, Bellsview said:

I must be missing something @KrolMong with the penalty then, because the jury is firmly out for me - in fact if anything I don’t think it was one and that it came off Vaulks’ shoulder.

I’m listening to Praise & Grumble and I’m not sure how to go with this. My thoughts are what did supporters expect this season? For me it was always going to be a struggle - but then you’ve got the Chairman talking about top six, so why shouldn’t supporters buy into that?

For me, we’re going nowhere under Chansiri. He’s got the long term vision and planning of a goldfish and if we were going to do something under his custodianship, I dare say we’d have done it already. I’m not a fan of the manager and I have little confidence in him or his ability to make things better at SWFC, but I don’t blame him, nor do I blame the new players we’ve brought in, who may/may not be up to the task.

But it doesn’t matter what I think, Chansiri owns the club, he has massive amounts of money tied up in the club, and until he decides what the next steps are there’s nothing anyone can do.

I’ve said a couple of times I’d be happy with fourth bottom, and I still feel that way - but even if we do finish fourth bottom I see next season being yet another time when we will have to rebuild the squad, and who knows, we might even have had a new manager or two by that time. Chansiri needs to buck his ideas up as to what he wants to achieve with SWFC and how he intends to get there (and that includes an exit strategy, if that’s the direction he wants to take), because at this moment in time we are just drifting between L1 and the Championship - and I don’t see things ever getting any better than that with the current way in which the club is run!

Top 6!!!!!!!!

Wow

There's more chance of turkeys voting for christmas than that side out there finishing top 12 let a lone top 6. It is a dreadful side. 

Manager will be gone by September if this continues. 

9 hours ago, Winco said:

give it time ffs.

I will ask though, who has caused that toxic debate ? We all walked away from Wembley elated, it actually felt the Club was stabilised, we can debate Moore's tactical abilities or lack of them, but there was very few thought he wouldn't be here for the start of the season. Ok he may have asked for a pay rise, but if that was simply to be on par with other Championship sides ? 

I mean there is probably more to all those discussions, budget for players, who would recruit players etc.

But that one decision or failure to negotiate is the fundamental reason for that toxicity. Then wait 2 weeks to get another head coach, then wait to get players, it's hard enough to step up a league without shooting yourselves in both feet. 

That is before starting on ticket prices, ticket schemes, merchandise prices.

I ask one question, after 8 years at the helm do you think SWFC have moved forward under DC.

More pertinent is that I have zero confidence in his or the hangers on ability to do that. Everything is short termist, hope it works.

But in answer the toxic debate all stems from DC and his actions

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chelters said:

I said on another thread about the Leeds ticket situation and how some seem to have ‘unusual’ priorities.

Same with this really, we should be spitting feathers about a dodgy refereeing display but instead the criticism is aimed inwards.

I understand why but it just shows we’re in strange times and I do think that some of the more vehement elements would rather be proved right than accept that maybe there were other factors as to why we lost today.

This is not aimed at anyone here btw

You can be angry about both. I am still not convinced about the pen, albeit Vaulks does look sheepish. I am presuming the lino gave it, he had the best view.

The foul count, ok a bit of inconsistency by the ref, but its more we are marginally slower in mind and body. It wasn't a screaming at the TV display.

But yes the underlying mood is certainly not positive, but as I say in my previous post that all stems from one direction.

But I think it's a fatigue, that this Club absolutely as the base in terms of history, tradition, fan base etc to be higher up the pyramid rather than being a yo yo Club between the Championship and League 1. But that needs not just the money that DC brings but a plan. The definition of madness is supposedly doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different outcome 

Edited by mkowlthesexynewversion

7 hours ago, Winco said:

Be funny when DC up sticks and fucks off cause of the bollox that gets talked about him!

who’s gonna run the club then? Some chancer from woodseats or a fans ownership!

becarefull what you wish for 

It is a fair point but its hardly a defence for DCs tenure.

It's a bit shit but eh ho the next people may be shittier.

Like I say it's the fatigue element, it's been 25 years really of the club treading water by a succession of poor leadership at the helm of the Club. 

I don’t hark back to perceived better days under local owners. They started the decline for sure. 

But let's not pretend that the money DC has thrown at it these last 8 years as fundamentally changed anything on the pitch. I will give credit to some of the infrastructure improvements, but those to the pitch, training ground are really no more than keeping up to required standards.

So absolutely I concur that if DC stands aside there is fuck all point if it is to someone without both the resources and know how to move us forward.

14 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

You can be angry about both. I am still not convinced about the pen, albeit Vaulks does look sheepish. I am presuming the lino gave it, he had the best view.

The foul count, ok a bit of inconsistency by the ref, but its more we are marginally slower in mind and body. It wasn't a screaming at the TV display.

But yes the underlying mood is certainly not positive, but as I say in my previous post that all stems from one direction.

But I think it's a fatigue, that this Club absolutely as the base in terms of history, tradition, fan base etc to be higher up the pyramid rather than being a yo yo Club between the Championship and League 1. But that needs not just the money that DC brings but a plan. The definition of madness is supposedly doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different outcome 

You are of course right about the lack of plan. I think what DC has always tried to do is copy others.

So first he splashed the cash and it nearly worked. But I think the defeat to Huddersfield - a team who we finished above, did the double over and who were never ahead in the play-offs - really affected him. 

He then had to slow down on the spending due to FFP, and probably the fact he had already spent more than he meant to, and started to look at other teams who had done well without spending loads of money (like Huddersfield). So what does he do next? Hires a random coach from the German league, just like they did.

That failed but he continues to search for the ‘special’ coach, sort of finds it in Bruce but that goes wrong. He then gets a bit desperate and eventually lands on Pulis thinking he will be the ‘more than the sum of the parts’ coach. By this time of course we are at the wrong end of the league due to his own financial cock-up but, in his mind, DC still thinks we will be OK with the right manager.

Another spectacular failure ensues and he looks at more coaches around who seem to have something about them but might not cost the earth, lands on Moore.

Then this summer when things go sour with DM, he looks around and finds a manager with a Championship promotion on his CV, that’ll do.

So I think there is a vague sense of a plan somewhere but it boils down to finding the right manager who can pull a team together to coach them to success. He’s seen it elsewhere and thinks why not us? But, as has been said many times, it needs more of a support structure around it to make it work, and that’s what he has never been able, or willing, to sort out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Can't argue with that Chelters. 

We have had more cunning plans than Baldrick and each have been as successful.

It is interesting with the head coaches - I don't think he ever sees the value of stability in that role. 

I mean, he is not alone in that thinking, but the churn in that position can only work if there is that strong support structure and a recruitment plan in place.

Xisco in many ways has been thrown a shitty stick. Here is last year's squad, here are some random new signings, get it to work. If you fail goodbye 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Can't argue with that Chelters. 

We have had more cunning plans than Baldrick and each have been as successful.

It is interesting with the head coaches - I don't think he ever sees the value of stability in that role. 

I mean, he is not alone in that thinking, but the churn in that position can only work if there is that strong support structure and a recruitment plan in place.

Xisco in many ways has been thrown a shitty stick. Here is last year's squad, here are some random new signings, get it to work. If you fail goodbye 

DC is given dogs abuse for retaining Carlos season 2! Carlos delivered more points, 4 less goals (?) higher league finish and (some) fans hate that season! 

20 minutes ago, EBRA said:

DC is given dogs abuse for retaining Carlos season 2! Carlos delivered more points, 4 less goals (?) higher league finish and (some) fans hate that season! 

But ultimately failed 

The alternative (and correct view !) is that a golden opportunity was wasted by him. 

And for DC more evidence of short termism. The signings were a quick fix go at promotion, great if it happened, but the impact of the failure, FFP, stadium sale that subsequently arose, points deduction, relegation. So yep in hindsight I dislike that season as it sowed the seeds of the situation today

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

But ultimately failed 

The alternative (and correct view !) is that a golden opportunity was wasted by him. 

And for DC more evidence of short termism. The signings were a quick fix go at promotion, great if it happened, but the impact of the failure, FFP, stadium sale that subsequently arose, points deduction, relegation. So yep in hindsight I dislike that season as it sowed the seeds of the situation today

DC had a choice when he took over to plan for the future or to gamble on instant success. It was coming up to the anniversary, he had money, he was coming in as the new guy, he was always going to gamble.  

After the gamble failed, the team quickly fell apart, so for subsequent seasons what little spare money we had needed to be spent on trying to strengthen the squad then building for the future. He probably couldn’t believe he’d spent so much and was left with shit so quickly. Either way, again we can’t really build for the future. 

Then we get relegated and that brings pressure to get out of the division quickly, so our focus remains short term.  

Throughout this time, we are hampered by the financial restrictions brought about by having gambled and failed.

We managed to get out of the league by the skin of our teeth and we all know that team isn’t good enough for the Championship. It’s too old, too slow, not balanced. 

This season is Chansiri’s second chance at having his first season again. We’re year 1 of FFP again and he could have a real go at it and buy seasoned pros, or he could look to build more long term, change the management and bring in someone who wants to blend experience with youth, believes in playing football that will excite you but someone who is realistic and can build something that might take 3 years but will set you up for years to come. 

I think Chansiri has chosen to look to the longer term,  at his first realistic opportunity since the initial gamble failed. 

I forgive him for not building for the future since day one because when he came in we’d been through many years of absolutely shite football. Awful years of dross. That first year under Carlos was the best season in 20 years. Relative to what we’d had before, it was fantastic. He gave the manager a team that got within one game of the Prem. Chansiri didn’t bottle it. I think most of us would have voted “gamble” had there been a referendum before the investment started  

I think he’s a good owner that knew nothing when he came in and has tried his best and shown that he has learned. 

There isn’t much success about in football, so we can’t expect as much as we do. Sometimes we’ve got to enjoy the moments (beating Arsenal in the cup, Peterborough at home etc) because if we’re only judged on success, 98% of what we experience with Wednesday will ultimately be judged as failure. You’re never going to enjoy watching Wednesday if that’s the case. 

I don’t direct this at you, when I say you btw. 

• Like 2

Just on managers, I don't think DC has actively searched for and researched any of them before recruiting. Some were from a 'trusted advisor's' network. Others were, more likely than not, agent pushes. Then there's the use of analytical companies. 

I also think that this transfer window he's rolled a money ball option, possibly in the hope of generating revenue at a later date. If we've gone on stats alone then nearly all of our foreign signings look decent acquisitions. 

Fair response Supercockle. I always stand by the success of the first season skewed the thinking on recruitment that summer. If we had that bigger budget (and Rhodes came later of course for stupid money) in a parallel universe we sourced younger players not the old pros after a last pay day. Would we in a better position ? 

Of course all hypothetical

• Like 1