Taking the Cardi out of Cardiff.

12 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Vasquez has to do much better 

Edit - Maybe harsh watching replay back: Certainly Dlelgado does on the edge of the box and the 2 contesting the first and 2nd balls

Blaming the keeper.....surprised you've not blamed DC

The lino had to give that as other wise the ref was guessing. Why Vaulks did that is another matter entirely, but it was not an obvious handball.

But we had an attacking purpose so fleetingly yet again. And I am yet to grasp what Xiscoball is, other than trying to replicate fucking Monk.

Let's not pretend he is any good with an average bunch of players

1 minute ago, Chelters said:

Free kick count 6-19. Are we dirty, giving stupid fouls away or is this an indication of where the ref’s head was at? 

We give far too many stupid free kicks away. Very reminiscent of the early days under Moore. In part we are physically and mentally marginally below the opposition. And we have some with the brains of an amoeba

5 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The lino had to give that as other wise the ref was guessing. Why Vaulks did that is another matter entirely, but it was not an obvious handball.

But we had an attacking purpose so fleetingly yet again. And I am yet to grasp what Xiscoball is, other than trying to replicate fucking Monk.

Let's not pretend he is any good with an average bunch of players

All I’ll say about today is that the team selection came as a bit of a surprise/shock, and until the players took the field I had no idea what the formation would be.

We’ve Leeds away next week then a couple of weeks until we play Ipswich at home (which won’t be easy). If we don’t see some noticeable improvements by the time we play Ipswich then questions are going to start being asked.

It does look a very average squad of players though. I’d still take fourth bottom at the end of the season now if offered it!

1 minute ago, Andyben said:

Bannan in a two.

Totally agree that we had 10 minutes of decent pressure at the end of which we scored. But we couldn't sustain it. 

My annoyance is still that there are too many square pegs in round holes all over the pitch. 

Patterson and Delgado can't fault the effort but in a 3 5 2 you have to more quality. Equally let's be clear Smith is not a Championship striker - though neither is Fletcher. 

What position was Gregory playing, certainly not one he is massively going to impact the game

And what is our attacking plan

Are we going to defend the wings better

Why does our keeper not come for crosses in the 6 yard box

It is better but this is simply not good enough to gain points in this league. More concerning I can't see where Xisco is going to wave a magic wand to change it

Bannan today looked like the only one who can play in a two at this level. That horrifies me.

Awful decision making from Vaulks. Watched it a few times, cast iron penalty and the big difference between crosses in the 2nd and 3rd division. At this level, it’s going to get fired across all be box, which means your ability to read the flight and move your feet is critical. Vaulks did neither.

But… we had a spell before we scored where we opened them up. Late runs from Windass caused chaos.

Sadly, two shit goals, too many players on the peripheral (wing backs, strikers). Woefully short of quality, and mobility. We need to spend a couple of million now to keep us up.

• Like 1

Not watched it. So I can’t say owt about how they played obviously, but I must admit I was a bit surprised when I saw the team selection.

Momos injury could be more crucial than we know and Byers not firing yet could similarly be a problem-if he’s not going to start turn in 90mins bc to me it’s our midfield that is the problem a) bc we are letting teams pass through us too easily - Momo would stop that and b) we are struggling to connect to our strikers, which Byers with Bannan could do. I do agree though Smiths not good enough and I don’t think the answer is Fletcher.

I get the squad rotation is the modern thing but making lots of changes all the time just seems like an illogical things to do. It’s a game by game version of what has happened over the summer of changing the system and loads of the squad. Granted he needs to try a few things out but I also think he’s not helping himself playing players out of their best position as MK says.

Interesting Delgado keeps getting picked, yet to me he’s not been that fantastic so far - unless he’s suddenly been the MoM today?
L**ds beat the tractor boys today, so we could be in for a long afternoon next week. Then again, it’s football, maybe we can somehow keep a clean sheet and get a goal. Can’t see us scoring more than one at present though.

Changes nothing for me. He needs to show a big step in progress after the International break and fingers crossed Momo will be back to be part of it. Still too early to start mithering.