Leppings Lane Mural.

80s Owl

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Phlegm isn't graffiti he's street art.

There's lots of his stuff in the old Hallam Towers hotel. 

Grafitti is tagging and bombing, like the old ACT crew and Fista (who did 5 years inside for it) , Joke, Risk etc 

Fista was the one who got me interested in graffiti and street art. He was on every bridge on the M1 from Wakefield to Sheffield in the late 80s. 

• Like 1

Our school (All Saints) was close to town so we'd walk down over th old railway bridge to Pond St and town and it would be everywhere.

Recently I've managed a portfolio of Street Art from 80's New York, primarily Richard Hambleton but some key pieces by Haring, Basquiat and more recent stuff by the likes of Retna 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Our school (All Saints) was close to town so we'd walk down over th old railway bridge to Pond St and town and it would be everywhere.

Recently I've managed a portfolio of Street Art from 80's New York, primarily Richard Hambleton but some key pieces by Haring, Basquiat and more recent stuff by the likes of Retna 

Ah your school was close to your beloved Bramall Lane..... 😄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Andyben said:

That’s amazing. How did you come to be involved with that? Haring is someone I’ve loved for years but I don’t have anything other than some old show posters from the 80s. I really admire Retna’s work but some of his views and rants are a little questionable. Hambleton’s art never really appealed to me. 

I met a few of the old school NYC artists like Futura and Seen at the Beyond The Streets preview earlier in the year. 

44 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

That’s amazing. How did you come to be involved with that? Haring is someone I’ve loved for years but I don’t have anything other than some old show posters from the 80s. I really admire Retna’s work but some of his views and rants are a little questionable. Hambleton’s art never really appealed to me. 

I met a few of the old school NYC artists like Futura and Seen at the Beyond The Streets preview earlier in the year. 

All came from a client who had the IP rights to Hambletons portfolio, he had a personal collection in the structure too. Francis Bacon, Basquiat, George Condo, Murikama Koons, we're the highlights, lots of Futura too.

Hambletons later works, especially the seascapes are Turner-esque. Very underrated as an artist, especially as hs basically the inventor of street art and cited by everyone since.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Do street artists paint murals on the side of their own homes, or just random buildings belonging to others?

Genuine question by the way. Not being facetious.

This is a Spanish friend of mine who paints both walls and canvases. He’s an amazing artist and gets consent for all of his mural works  

https://instagram.com/sebasvelasco1?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjOLAYlN0wr/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs4Eu4DN9sT/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU8dkjEtjwj/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Bob Petrie said:

Drive up the bottom end of London Road last night and saw someone’s painted a giant Millie Bright mural (opposite the Albion). 
Don’t know if that’s just a Sheffield thing, or an S2 connection?

She’s not magic, y’know. 

She played for United ladies

1 hour ago, Bob Petrie said:

Drive up the bottom end of London Road last night and saw someone’s painted a giant Millie Bright mural (opposite the Albion). 
Don’t know if that’s just a Sheffield thing, or an S2 connection?

She’s not magic, y’know. 

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

She played for United ladies

They're renaming the Ennis-Hill Stand as we speak

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I really should have copyrighted WTID as well as owning the Ltd Co 

1 hour ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

With it being a phrase I doubt you could, would have been easy to challenge it should you have managed to anyway.

You possibly could have trademarked it and attached it to the Ltd Co like Nike have done with "just do it"