Who is Djeidi Gassama?

I'm quite looking forward to seeing what this lad can do. Of course he's not going to be anything like the finished article and there will be times when we have to 'forgive' his mistakes, but to see the likes of Poch, and some of the world renowned names that in some cases WERE at PSG says quite a lot of what he could be capable of.

15 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Didn’t realise he’d actually made an appearance for PSG’s first team, even if it was from the bench.

To perform at that level and in that side, especially at such a young age, is an achievement in itself.

Welcome to Hillsborough Djeidi Gassama!

He would have been just 18 or so too, was courted by European giants such as Liverpool and Dortmund, not forgetting Wolves.

It's a calculated risk by the club but one look on social media and the usual dickheads are out.

I think our cosmopolitan strategy on transfers will help as we have people coming in with him that are also settling into the city and English football, there are several French speakers at the club which will help him integrate.

Can hopefully see him and Musaba dovetailing beautifully on the lush Hillsborough turf.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

His comments, not saying that’s a bad thing as he sounds pleased to have him. 

Bot sure how anyone could be u happy with a signing like this to be honest 

He's probably more shocked we landed him 

3 hours ago, Angelinblue said:

Let's see what he does at Wednesday before getting too excited. He is 19 and has made about the same number of appearances in th Belgian league.

He needs a bit of time. But even in Belgium he had some quality moments against teams like Standard Liege. 

Sorry for being the voice of reason. I hope he is a great player for us. He played once as a sub for a big club. (remember - a Fiat with a Bentley badge on it, is still a Fiat) then got sent to the Belgian league, then he joined us. There are dozens and dozens of players who have been on the books at large clubs who never achieve what was once anticipated, loads never even get a career out of football and drop into non-league. 

28 minutes ago, Angelinblue said:

Sorry for being the voice of reason. I hope he is a great player for us. He played once as a sub for a big club. (remember - a Fiat with a Bentley badge on it, is still a Fiat) then got sent to the Belgian league, then he joined us. There are dozens and dozens of players who have been on the books at large clubs who never achieve what was once anticipated, loads never even get a career out of football and drop into non-league. 

I know what you’re saying. But I’m hoping for something a little exciting from him. If he loses the ball a bit, so what, let’s have a player who when he drives forward with the balls gets us up off our seat.

As much as it’s good to see teams keep possession, it’s much more exciting to see a player play without fear and have a proper go. IMO

2 minutes ago, Angelinblue said:

I agree with you lets have some excitement. Watching other teams probe us and tease us, while we just can't get a touch is horrible.

The thing is we have got players who can carry the ball, but not like a 'proper winger' if you know what I mean. It FEELS like we've not had one for so bloody long too. 

3 hours ago, Angelinblue said:

You're not the voice of reason, you're a troll who got lost

I really don’t see what the downside is here. No one has said we’ve signed a world beater, but those highlights on YouTube are the best I’ve seen in a long time for one of our signings. He’s on a free and if we end up paying a fee then it’s because things have gone very well.

It’s also important to remember that when you bring in players to develop, some won’t work out, but that doesn’t mean your strategy is bad. I’m very much looking forward to seeing Gassama play, particularly when Musaba is also on the pitch and finding out how good those two can be. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

I really don’t see what the downside is here. No one has said we’ve signed a world beater, but those highlights on YouTube are the best I’ve seen in a long time for one of our signings. He’s on a free and if we end up paying a fee then it’s because things have gone very well.

It’s also important to remember that when you bring in players to develop, some won’t work out, but that doesn’t mean your strategy is bad. I’m very much looking forward to seeing Gassama play, particularly when Musaba is also on the pitch and finding out how good those two can be. 

Well said.

We have gone down a route alien to Wednesday, younger players with potential.

Edited by Reesh