Match Thread - Stockport County - Carabao Cup

SWFC Head to head v Stockport

Tonight is the 27th meeting between the two teams... 

Wednesday have won 16. 

Stockport have won 7

Draws - 3. 

Last time we played each other at S6 1SW

We drew 0-0 in April 2005 according to Soccerbase and... The teams

SWFC: Gallacher, Collins, Wood, Bullen, Heckingbottom, Rocastle, Adams, Hamshaw (Brunt 71), McGovern, Barrett (Talbot 62), Quinn (Peacock 71)

Unused Subs: Adamson, Bruce

Stockport: Spencer, Norwood (Singh 71-82, C. Williams 82), A. Williams, Raynes, Jackman, Briggs, Allen, Hurst, Goodwin, Barlow, Le Fondre (Hardiker 89)

Unused Subs: Cutler, Tomlinson

My dad took me and my school mate to Stockport in September 1967 when we were both 12 to see Wednesday's second ever League Cup match

We won 5-3 (McCalliog 2, Fantham 2, Ritchie) 15,065

Springett (Peter), Quinn, Smith, Mobley, Ellis, Young, Eustace, Fantham, Ritchie, McCalliog, Witham

I remember Mobley was down in the programme as Mobberley - presumably because of the nearby village

I'll be picking that same mate up tonight

• Like 1

😂😂😂 Stockport one of the best away days ever. We filled half the ground Pink Panther and Spider-Man scrapping then all the coaches stopped on the Woodhead on the way back due to an accident at Dunford bridge. Spider-Man and pink panther running across the moors 😂🙌🙌🙌

Anyway hopefully see some good minutes for the new lads I think Vasquez will start.

Going in the North for a change 💙💙💙💙

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

There won't be an iFollow VIDEO feed for tonight either.

Try telling that to all the fans on Facebook groups that have obviously just started taking an interest. The early rounds of the carabao cup have never been streamed and probably never will be I believe it’s to try and get more fans into stadiums 😡😡😡

30 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

Try telling that to all the fans on Facebook groups that have obviously just started taking an interest. The early rounds of the carabao cup have never been streamed and probably never will be I believe it’s to try and get more fans into stadiums 😡😡😡

It's to do with the ownership of the rights to show it, nothing to do with getting more fans in. 

6 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

It's to do with the ownership of the rights to show it, nothing to do with getting more fans in. 

I was taking the piss about attendances 🙄

Anyway since when did they start patting down 14 year old girls on the turnstiles 😡😡😡

3 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Valentin looking a bit lost, it has to be said. But James had a torrid time of it in the first half. Vaulks too. Not at his best by a long chalk 

Just said the same Valentine looks scared sat in north he’s right in front of us and I’m not impressed 

To be honest I’m losing my patience a bit tonight.

😡😡😡😡

Not like me though 

My concern, and I’ve had this in pre season, I have no idea what the plan on the pitch is supposed to be. There isn’t any form of pattern when we get the ball, it’s really laborious, and the players look like they don’t understand what the strategy is.

All Stockport have done is ale housed us behind the full backs, Valentin has really struggled.

This is a continuation of what we saw in pre season, disjointed and a lack of a strategy when we get the ball.