Rumours going round

It doesn’t sound true but as we saw in the press conference and his last interview if he doesn’t think something is right he will say. I think if he did leave, hypothetically, it wouldn’t reflect that well on him given the most obvious thing would be to take a bit of time to assess the squad and I don’t think I’ve ever seen us announce a signing whilst on our training camp abroad (could be wrong). He’s changed the style (no complaints if it works) so that puts pressure on the players ye does have. He needs to make it work even if the budget was tight. 

Yeah I think the change in style could be excellent as long as the players are comfortable doing it. Mainly at the back as they struggled with it in L1. I think CMs are capable of it but wingers, a ball playing defender and a mobile striker probably needed to make it work as it should.

It is interesting to scan thru the BBC confirmed transfer pages for July and how few there seems to have been in the EFL

The issue of course is that we are starting at a lower base in terms of numbers and quality. 

The rumours seem to stem from the media team being instructed to be in for 7am. So about 4 hours early for media types I guess 🤔. Giving 2 + 2 = 64 in our fan base.

It's daft that 2 years ago on getting relegated and fearing the future of the Club, that summer ended with a degree of positivity in the fan base

This time the delight of the play off win as created a reverse midas impact. I mean I am trying to ride above it but its hard to not see the doom sayers on social media. 

• Like 2

Yeah i think social media amplifies the positives and negatives. It’s fun when it’s positive albeit OTT as things are never perfect. But when it’s bad it’s almost as if we’ve already done a Wigan and we might as well fold. The steady stream of seemingly bad news has built it all up but a sense of perspective is needed. As an example post relegation to L1 the same people predicted L2, post FGR L1 for years, now it’s relegated from the champ. Two of those never happened and we had good seasons so living out worst cases in the summer isn’t much fun…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andyben said:

One creative midfielder, one Right Winger, a keeper and perhaps resign Henegran and we're not far off.

The change in style will help as far less predictable, keep Moore and every other Manager knows exactly what to expect.

I think we're miles 

Reckon we need probably seven who can come in and be in the starting eleven 

Our season starts on the 12th August against Hull. 

The Southampton game is a free pass. Against a team worth (on paper) around £100m we could field the Wembley side and if we don't get gubbed by more than 2 then I'd take that as job done. We could also produce a Newcastle-esque performance and catch them cold.

Not bothered about the League Cup so the kids that are playing pre-season can run out in that one. 

Hull are potentially in the same boat we are, finances and transfer wise, and I'd be looking for parity in that game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The other potential reason is that it's a week until the final deadline for the 31st July 22 accounts to be filed so it maybe that is imminent 

Or it's another new coach...

Cue loads of social media posts moaning about needing some players to actually coach...

6 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The other potential reason is that it's a week until the final deadline for the 31st July 22 accounts to be filed so it maybe that is imminent 

Don't think that would matter at all. 

Teams been away.

Munoz assessed what he's got.

Talks with management team, players identified, offers sent, responses received...blah blah blah, probably nothing until Wednesday at the earliest 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

Our season starts on the 12th August against Hull. 

The Southampton game is a free pass. Against a team worth (on paper) around £100m we could field the Wembley side and if we don't get gubbed by more than 2 then I'd take that as job done. We could also produce a Newcastle-esque performance and catch them cold.

Not bothered about the League Cup so the kids that are playing pre-season can run out in that one. 

Hull are potentially in the same boat we are, finances and transfer wise, and I'd be looking for parity in that game. 

Down here the locals are sh@ting themselves. The team was poor last year, half want to leave and they are worried we are running with form and will gub them.

We did draw with them last season.

We might not be as good as we were last season (debatable really regarding starting 11) but neither are they. 

I don’t see why we can’t give them a good game if we start off with a positive mindset.