Forget your 3/5 year season tickets.

27 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Daft as it seems, RB for example could come in and buy the club, ie the name at a price exceeding the value of the 'club' by the value of the ground.

Locate to London, rebrand back to The Wednesday and watch as top internationals line up to play for the London based club.

Chansiri then flogs Hillsborough, the ACV is triggered and the one pound millionaires panic and Riverside houses spring up in 5 years time.

I might join Stalk if this happens.

The Dream of all true owls 

On 18/07/2023 at 22:40, 80s Owl said:

The clubs website claims that you can't buy these things on a credit or debit card due to financial regulations, does anyone know what these regulations are?

I don’t know of anything that would stop it, but suspect it could be a worry over something like fraud/anti-money laundering checks making the process a hassle. Unusual authorisations may look suspicious and trip the fraud defence systems and the club might just see that as not worth the trouble. 

I have worked closely with the legal and fraud departments in banks, but never in those departments themselves, so there definitely could be something that I’m missing. 

10 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

I don’t know of anything that would stop it, but suspect it could be a worry over something like fraud/anti-money laundering checks making the process a hassle. Unusual authorisations may look suspicious and trip the fraud defence systems and the club might just see that as not worth the trouble. 

I have worked closely with the legal and fraud departments in banks, but never in those departments themselves, so there definitely could be something that I’m missing. 

I've read that it's a rule set by merchant service providers, I'd just like to see the actual wording.

2 minutes ago, 80s Owl said:

I've read that it's a rule set by merchant service providers, I'd just like to see the actual wording.

If it’s regulation that affects banks then it’ll be the Financial Conduct Authority who writes it. Their website and documents aren’t the easiest to work with though.