Imp in Peace...

We've just signed Jaden Brown... I know he didn't feature much for you last season, but what are your thoughts on him please?? 

Our aim this season has to be to try and get into the top 6, is he good enough to play regularly for a side looking to challenge?

13 minutes ago, dannnu1 said:

We've just signed Jaden Brown... I know he didn't feature much for you last season, but what are your thoughts on him please?? 

Our aim this season has to be to try and get into the top 6, is he good enough to play regularly for a side looking to challenge?

Welcome!

I didn’t expect much when we signed him, and he started off awfully for us. Looked off the pace, constantly out of position and technically bad. Not a glowing report! But in fairness to him, last season he stepped up.

Not a world beater but, scored against Peterborough at home and played his part in the run in to the playoffs. Then, set up the chance for Callum Paterson which took the playoff semi to penalties. 
He’s a trier, not terrible, not excellent and I reckon he’ll do well in your side.

Not being condescending there either, I think he’ll be a good fit. 

• Like 1

Not a success over the whole of his time with us - though our team wasn't easy to get into and stay in - but his best period with us was after Christmas this year. Just off the top I remember winning assists away at Charlton, at home in the amazing comeback semi-final and an absolutely tremendous race and tackle back on a clean-through attacker in our box in a game late season.  Needs a re-start after us and a confidence boosting coaches arm around his shoulders. Hope that's you folks. Good luck to him and you. 

I'm trying to work out what would be his best position for you on the left side

There were times we played him as a left winger, a left wing back and a left back. His worst performances for us probably was when he was left back. Wimbledon away, Hartlepool at home in particular

Left wing, he reminded me of a poor mans Jermaine Johnson. If it wasn't for his pace, he wouldn't be anywhere near that position

Left wing back, he did ok but again was unsure whether or not to go forward or stay back defensively. Then again, many of our wing backs struggled last season with that given the success Danny Cowley had on us second half with Portsmouth

He's a good squad player for sure but I honestly do not know what would be his best position. Whatever happens, I hope he does well for you. 

Seemed a decent kid attitude wise. I think in a decent team set up he wouldn't let you down but ain't going to be a world beater either. 

League 1 does seem very open this year, the teams dropping down all have off the field issues and none of the teams coming up will trouble beyond mid table.

With some astute signings I can see Lincoln being toward the play offs if the away form improves 

I think he stated his Wednesday career with a burst down the wing and a low cross for a goal and I was optimistic that we’d got a decent player. He never repeated the feat. Seemed to lack confidence. I think he was always confused with the wingback role as to whether or not he was defending or attacking. 

There was the tackle back, mentioned by @Owling_Wolf, v Peterborough, but he’s never a defender.

He needs a run of games, he’s a confidence player, in a more attacking role where he’s not got too much to think about and he’ll do ok. Not a lot, but better than Shodipo.

I didn’t mind Brown and to be fair to him Moore nearly ruined him by playing him LCB one game where he scored an OG and lost all confidence. He played that position in the last third of the season a few times and bar the odd mistake from a guy who isn’t a cb he made some well timed tackles and brought the ball out well.

If Kennedy plays him on the left side he will do what it says on the tin, very quick on the overlap. Final ball hit and miss but came in when Johnson was suspended for 3 games and was a threat. Good signing with potential for L1 but he does need to really make the most of this move now.

Not a full back but definitely could be a league 1 winger if he was given positional consistency. His crossing can be worked on but he has pace to burn, especially over the first ten metres and I'd have him using that pace to cut inside and play the ball rather than stay wide and try and cross. 

Stick a decent full back behind him and he should do ok. Play him as a full back and the opposition will target that side.

4 hours ago, M42Owl said:

@dannnu1
what are your thoughts on Poole, a player we were linked with a few weeks ago?

Any rumours on where he might end up?

He's a very good player and more than ready for the step up to the Championship. Good leader, can play RB or CB and doesn't do a lot wrong.

Loads of clubs linked with him, Sunderland, Rotherham and yourselves for example... But to be honest, I thought he was a Wednesday player in all but name. Interesting to see if your new manager coming in now changes that.