DC....

Something he said last night got me thinking..... 

Or at least something I think I read he'd said....

It was along the lines of DC thinking most people would want him at the club, although he'd sell up if the right person came along and people didn't want him around. 

What would YOU want?

If the right person came along I’d want him to sell, but there are worse owners out there. I think his comments last night suggest he needs promotion to the PL as soon as possible and it worries me that we’re heading down the same path that we did when he first joined. 

Would be best for all concerned if he sold up and left. He has had a go but its not worked out whether he's been poorly advised or been stubborn in his choices.

Lets hope the interest in the club is genuine and he can look at getting us some fresh investment

1 minute ago, Gamblor said:

If the right person came along I’d want him to sell, but there are worse owners out there. I think his comments last night suggest he needs promotion to the PL as soon as possible and it worries me that we’re heading down the same path that we did when he first joined. 

Spaffing money on players left, right and centre?

6 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Spaffing money on players left, right and centre?

Not quite. But I do think we’re heading for a high risk approach. I don’t think we’ll be spending anywhere near what we did then, but we pretty much need a new first XI if we’re going to be challenging. 

Chansiri has said that no potential manager has ever said the squad is bad, but if anyone responds in an interview that we have any more than a couple of players who are capable of holding their own in a promotion chasing side, they’re lying. I suspect that’s what Pulis did, bullshit in the interview just to get a last payday. I hope that doesn’t work with Chansiri anymore, but if Moore ended up leaving because he was realistic about our chances next season then I worry how things will turn out. 

Honestly, if we’re no longer a Championship side in 12 months time, I don’t think it’ll be because we’ve had a great season.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Something he said last night got me thinking..... 

Or at least something I think I read he'd said....

It was along the lines of DC thinking most people would want him at the club, although he'd sell up if the right person came along and people didn't want him around. 

What would YOU want?

Simon Jordan.

Ducks 4 cover.......

😬

I can categorically tell you that he’s been very actively trying to sell the club for 3 years now. There has been viable interested parties who have ended up stepping away for various reasons.

DC absolutely does have the best interests of the club. But he’s not got the clout to achieve what he wants to achieve unless we stumble across miracles in terms of coaches and players.

27 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

If you honestly think he'd be better than DC, you seriously need your bumps feeling 

I do think he would be better, definitely. I would hazard a guess he knows more about the football world than DC will ever know. 

Presume he also knows more about bankruptcy and bulshit which pretty much sums up his time at Palace.

Oh and the fact he reckoned John Bostock was worth £5m suggests to me he knows fuck all about football un all

Edited by Otto_Man

10 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Presume he also knows more about bankruptcy and bulshit which pretty much sums up his time at Palace.

Oh and the fact he reckoned John Bostock was worth £5m suggests to me he knows fuck all about football un all

Took Palace to the premiership which indicates to me he knows a bit about the game.

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Following up on sustainability in the Championship, I am sure one of the comments last night was along the lines of " if you stay a long time in the Championship you will eventually die" 

Indeed it was one of the things said. 

I'd like DC to stay if he bit the bullet and got the right help in. Whether that be a proper DoF or he went full on cap in hand to daddy and got full on support, both financially and in the boardroom, from TUF. But that would be him admitting defeat as a businessman and it's all about face in his world. I'd love to imagine Wednesday in the PL with the financial clout of TUF behind it. 

If he was to sell then we'd be wide open to chancers and opportunists. Just look at those down the road and the way we're laughing. Then look at who's been sniffing round us already and the bullets we've dodged. He'd probably employ brokers or finders and we could end up with anyone who looks like they've got two bob in their pocket so the brokers got their fee. 

I wouldn't want a consortium as they tend to just be looking for capital gains and dividends. Ideally I'd be looking for a decent track record in football or a similar business model. Someone like a Simon Jordan type figure or someone with a bank full of money who's happy to stay in the background and employ an Adam Pearson or Daniel Levy to run the club. 

But my football heart would love it if Red Bull came in. And I'll be controversial and say I wouldn't give two fucks if the takeover deal meant we had a home kit of white shirts and red shorts and blue was the away kit. We'd be changing our name anyway so why would it matter? All this purist five stripes seven stripes black shorts blue shorts wrong shade of blue can do one if it meant the club was run properly and prospered. There'll be the obvious meltdown and then McClure and Hobson can put their hands in their pockets and fund a phoenix team in the 10th level of the pyramid and play at Hillsborough park. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I'd like DC to stay if he bit the bullet and got the right help in. Whether that be a proper DoF or he went full on cap in hand to daddy and got full on support, both financially and in the boardroom, from TUF. But that would be him admitting defeat as a businessman and it's all about face in his world. I'd love to imagine Wednesday in the PL with the financial clout of TUF behind it. 

If he was to sell then we'd be wide open to chancers and opportunists. Just look at those down the road and the way we're laughing. Then look at who's been sniffing round us already and the bullets we've dodged. He'd probably employ brokers or finders and we could end up with anyone who looks like they've got two bob in their pocket so the brokers got their fee. 

I wouldn't want a consortium as they tend to just be looking for capital gains and dividends. Ideally I'd be looking for a decent track record in football or a similar business model. Someone like a Simon Jordan type figure or someone with a bank full of money who's happy to stay in the background and employ an Adam Pearson or Daniel Levy to run the club. 

But my football heart would love it if Red Bull came in. And I'll be controversial and say I wouldn't give two fucks if the takeover deal meant we had a home kit of white shirts and red shorts and blue was the away kit. We'd be changing our name anyway so why would it matter? All this purist five stripes seven stripes black shorts blue shorts wrong shade of blue can do one if it meant the club was run properly and prospered. There'll be the obvious meltdown and then McClure and Hobson can put their hands in their pockets and fund a phoenix team in the 10th level of the pyramid and play at Hillsborough park. 

You might aswell just give andyben a wank with the left hand with that comment!

oh god what have you done!😀

Seriously though, if we were in the RB Universe, what would be so wrong with us getting the very best of the home nations young players t bring on, or being able to cream off the best from other RB teams?

From Red Bull's POV they'd do everything to get us into the CL places in England.

Imagine that.

Could even have an approximation of our home kit matching the cans with blue/silver shirts, Blue shorts, silver socks. And their traditional kit as our away.

12 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Seriously though, if we were in the RB Universe, what would be so wrong with us getting the very best of the home nations young players t bring on, or being able to cream off the best from other RB teams?

From Red Bull's POV they'd do everything to get us into the CL places in England.

Imagine that.

Could even have an approximation of our home kit matching the cans with blue/silver shirts, Blue shorts, silver socks. And their traditional kit as our away.

Their obvious choice would be MK Dons  unless they are looking for history / tradition and a large local fan base. They have a huge building for the F1 team down  and its sufficiently close to London  as well. Less controversial as they are hated anyway.

No there's zero growth in MK Dons. Zilch.

Won't ever get 20k season tickets.

Will never have the substance to go to Prem and beyond.

Shit little club.

We have it all.

Stick us in top end of Prem and min 40k averages in a new modern version of Hillsborough.

Who are the best owners out there at the moment?

Who are the worst?

Chansiri not in either bracket by the way - I think he’s a reasonable owner who as shown his willingness to spend and his willingness to be supportive but frugal.

He’s labelled as making football too expensive at S6 but I look at our attendances under him and historically it tells a different story to the one you hear all the time on Facebook and Stalk!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

No there's zero growth in MK Dons. Zilch.

Won't ever get 20k season tickets.

Will never have the substance to go to Prem and beyond.

Shit little club.

We have it all.

Stick us in top end of Prem and min 40k averages in a new modern version of Hillsborough.

See I think if they climbed up the league the locals would happily glory seek. Whenever they play a Premier League side in a Cup they tend to fill it. Still one of the fastest growing cities as well.

We are the better option for sure football wise, but least resistance wise from the existing fan base and them already based 2 miles from the stadium 

Dear Red Bull/other prospective new owners

Name must contain the word Wednesday.

Home strip must be predominantly blue with no red.

Away strip must not be red.

Stadium must be in a Sheffield postcode.

Other than that do whatever.

7 hours ago, owl71 said:

Dear Red Bull/other prospective new owners

Name must contain the word Wednesday.

Home strip must be predominantly blue with no red.

Away strip must not be red.

Stadium must be in a Sheffield postcode.

Other than that do whatever.

You don't want much do ya. 

Maybe that should read. 

Dear Red Bull  

If you're going to change the colour of the kit then don't bother coming here with your millions, excellent youth and player recruitment structure and proven selling on model. We'd rather entertain interest from someone who might look ok on the outside but mortgages our ground to the max to buy the club then signs away future income for the next five years in order to pay this season's bills. 

You'd sacrifice a proven football business model with world wide brand tie ins for the sake of a shirt colour? Or if the rules were relaxed and City group were allowed to buy us but wanted to change our name to Sheffield City then you'd turn down the Abu Dhabi billions. 

How do you feel about going back to hoops? With white shorts?

• Thanks 1

In 156 years of The Wednesday/Sheffield Wednesday every single home kit has contained blue and white, some have contained black, none have contained any other colour apart from trim or other minor details like sponsors name.  We have three bitter local rivals who all wear red.

Red Bull know what they’re doing, but they are not the only people in the world who understand how to use data. 

3 hours ago, owl71 said:

In 156 years of The Wednesday/Sheffield Wednesday every single home kit has contained blue and white, some have contained black, none have contained any other colour apart from trim or other minor details like sponsors name.  We have three bitter local rivals who all wear red.

Red Bull know what they’re doing, but they are not the only people in the world who understand how to use data. 

They're not no. 

But they are amongst the best in football IMO at using data, finding players, making profit from those players AND getting relative success whilst doing all that. 

Swap the white stripe for silver, ignore the red bit. Job done. 🙂 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

They're not no. 

But they are amongst the best in football IMO at using data, finding players, making profit from those players AND getting relative success whilst doing all that. 

Swap the white stripe for silver, ignore the red bit. Job done. 🙂 

Blue and silver would be acceptable.

If this hypothetical Red Bull take over happened then we'd be on brand with every other RB club. White shirts with red and yellow trim, red shorts, white socks and a solid dark blue away kit.

But let's wait for a dodgy Nigerian without a pot to piss in, or an American like the one who's admitted he had know idea Huddersfield existed before he 'bought' the club even though he couldn't afford to put his other team into the MLS (possible asset stripping signals anyone?)

Chris Kirchner is now in jail for embezzlement. Erik Alonso anyone? Prince Abdullah must be the only sheikh without any money. I'll also point to Cardiff, Reading, Wigan, and Charlton and there's about 10 others that are on the brink. 

But we could wait and see if that lad from Gleadless can open his wife's purse up. Apparently he's a nice lad, local born and bred and Wednesday through and through, but we once thought that of Lee Stafford. 

I get the history but I'd sacrifice that for proven financial stability and progression. How would our fans feel if Milton Keynes was in the Premier League in successive seasons because they became RB MK. 

But it won't be down to the fanbase. I doubt DC will stipulate club colours in any deal. Especially if someone comes in with what he wants and then reveals an all white kit at a joint press conference.