Dingles still….

4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Crying over that red card…. As they’re still appealing the dismissal.

It was a red, VAR saw it as a red. How do they still have grounds for appeal when it was reviewed and still deemed as such….

Oh ok. I’ll stop laughing. (It was still a red)

There have been one or two occasions where Scottish Premiership teams have appealed a 'VAR' red card and won. However, that probably just highlights the poor standard of officials up here.

This particular red card shouldn't be overturned, but nothing surprises me in football any more.

Anyway, Phillips is a cycle speedway reject, so fuck him. And fuck his appeal.

Both calls in the play off final seemed like a balanced use of VAR in my view. It's supposed intention is to correct clear and obvious errors, the ref made two decisions and nothing I've seen them or since makes me believe either was a clear or obvious error.

If you go back to the playoff 2nd leg  If there had been VAR we wouldn't have needed extra time . There are are 4 bang on penalties and are further two possible . Our players were completely manhandled in the Peterboro box . The worst being the deliberate foul on Gregory just after he has taken the overhead kick . The Peterboro players comes in with a deliberate attempt to take him out after he has kicked the ball 

I watched one of the millions of ‘fan vlog’ things earlier today. I do find it amusing that most of the ‘neutral’ ones, are all in the Dingles end. We know why.

Anyway.

Theres one which is relatively low level just to the right of the goal (from behind) and it shows a perfect angle of Pato almost getting his head punched off.

I still don’t see their lot even giving that as much of a passing thought. 

18 hours ago, Billysboy said:

Why are all vloggers pricks?

They're not, pal. I know what you mean - maybe it's "neutral" ones: I haven't watched - but there're some smashing ones. I've particularly enjoyed one or two Cambridge fans and especially a particular Accrington fan over the last couple of years. Real characters. 

3 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Why would anyone watch vlogs or listen to podcasts for other teams

Maybe it's me but I don't tend to watch or enjoy football outside Manchester United  Manchester City  Real Madrid   Sheffield Wednesday 

In both cases I cited, I watched their blogs featuring games against us. The authors were so engaging, in entirely different ways, that when further episodes of theirs popped up in my YouTube recommendations I actually watched one or two. 

Even though we're in different divisions now, if they were to pop up occasionally in future, I might watch again sometimes. (Being retired, I've probably got more time than you.)  

Something I've said to mates a few times these last two seasons is how much I've enjoyed visiting some of these little clubs, often despite the football!  The welcome, the hospitality, I suppose the 'oldschool' element of it: what I always say is - I love visiting them but, at the same time, I don't want to be in the same division as them.  Not being arrogant, just recognising that Div.3 / Lg1 is failure for us before we even kick off. 

• Like 5

On 17/06/2023 at 09:31, Billysboy said:

Why are all vloggers pricks?

There's a Fleetwood Town fan who's a brilliant you tuber. Probably the only one I have a lot of time for. 

Happily watch his videos and reviews. Very honest in his opinions compared to others. 

1 hour ago, Kiwi Owl said:

There's a Fleetwood Town fan who's a brilliant you tuber. Probably the only one I have a lot of time for. 

Happily watch his videos and reviews. Very honest in his opinions compared to others. 

Yeh true, and very flattering towards us, but some of the others ffs.

1 hour ago, Kiwi Owl said:

The CodVlogs lad, he’s decent yeah. He’d just got over being seriously ill a month or so before the playoff final too. 

I found out yesterday, my niece, who’s been a season ticket holder at Hillsborough for most of her 27 years on earth, and her future husband, who’s a staunch dingle, had a fallout post the playoff final for a short while as she was ribbing him a little too much. 
🤣

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I found out yesterday, my niece, who’s been a season ticket holder at Hillsborough for most of her 27 years on earth, and her future husband, who’s a staunch dingle, had a fallout post the playoff final for a short while as she was ribbing him a little too much. 
🤣

I guess the only benefit for your niece of hooking up with a Dingle is the extra finger 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

🤣

Hope you told your nephew to grow up

• Haha 1