Citeh in the shiteh

The PL is basically run for and by the clubs themselves. It's a 'seeing to be doing' exercise to mirror the current Italian FA investigations. 

If they try and pin anything concrete on City then it opens a can of worms for the likes of Everton, West Ham, Man United, Liverpool, Newcastle (under Ashley) and possibly relegated clubs like Sheffield United and Burnley. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

No - having none of that nonsense 

It becomes a no winner year - I think there was a recent QI when they said that is what they did with the Tour de France and Lance "the dope" Armstrong

Will be decided fairly with an independent panel consisting  of Kelly Cates, Sue Smith, Emile Heskey, Paul O'Grady John Bishop and Kim Cattrall chaired by the Bishop of Liverpool

If, and it's a big if, City face any sort of relegation (or maybe a points deduction that takes them out of the Champions League) then it'll be the beginning of the end for the Premier League and UEFA. 

The Arabs will set up a LIV style world league and entice the top European money making clubs to join the likes of Al Ahly, Al Hilal, South American clubs and Korean and Japanese etc. Two conferences where the top 4 from each play off to be king of the world. Liverpool, Chelsea etc won't want to be left behind so will also jump ship. Who'll watch a Champions League final in five years time where Vicenza beat Armenia Biefield on penalties?

Players will follow the money and threatening them with no more international caps won't make a blind bit of difference as FIFA will do a joint organisation deal so the World Cup doesn't become diluted. 

5 hours ago, Andyben said:

we laugh, but it will just force a super league

13 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

If, and it's a big if, City face any sort of relegation (or maybe a points deduction that takes them out of the Champions League) then it'll be the beginning of the end for the Premier League and UEFA. 

The Arabs will set up a LIV style world league and entice the top European money making clubs to join the likes of Al Ahly, Al Hilal, South American clubs and Korean and Japanese etc. Two conferences where the top 4 from each play off to be king of the world. Liverpool, Chelsea etc won't want to be left behind so will also jump ship. Who'll watch a Champions League final in five years time where Vicenza beat Armenia Biefield on penalties?

Players will follow the money and threatening them with no more international caps won't make a blind bit of difference as FIFA will do a joint organisation deal so the World Cup doesn't become diluted. 

This is where this is heading. And I think that any big club will dangle that carrot when they start threatening sanctions. As Ty has said, all it takes is the Saudis to decide they want a World Super League, and any club threatened with sanctions will walk.

This is the beginning of the end of English football as we know it.

We had a similar situation here.

HSBC Middle East was found to be utterly failing in due diligence and AML on its clients and funds.

So the big HSBC guy went to the regulator reminded them that they're the biggest license payer with Banking, Trust, Funds, Wealth Management and Investment firms employing over 1000 people and said "if we wanted we could move the whole lot in six months to another country".

Not one person was prosecuted, they carted HSBC ME of to Dubai and that was the last of it 

I'd have been imprisoned if if done what the bank did, same will happen to the Manc Clubs 

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Protection of big companies and their profits 

Exactly a deal will be done .  There to big of a “company” now to fuck with, same as apple with Chinese slaves Amazon with there fuck all cooperation tax dodge in Ireland etc .

3 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I see what you mean, but I hope not!

Let them go off and create their cartel of guaranteed revenue forever without the fear of relegation.

English football isn't competitive anymore, it's not about scouting, recruiting and retaining local players to win the league. It's about letting some other mug do the groundwork and then sweep in and sweeping up.  Oh, and then spitting out the runts of the litter.

Pigs will go up and their sole purpose will be to avoid relegation.  Not win the league but to get the occasional knee tremble of beating a top 10 team and thinking they're competing at the highest for 7 days.

Apart from making the owners more money than they can dream of, what is it adding to the game? To the national team?

Let the global superleague take centre stage and keep half a dozen clubs' fans happy, until they realise they can't afford to go to an away game and sky customers twig they're paying 5 times what the Yanks and the Far East TV public are paying to watch the games on telly.

Fuck 'em. I want to watch competitive football, like we did in the 80s when we would go to Old Trafford or Anfield hoping to put in a good performance and come away with a win rather than hoping we can keep the score down.

Fuck 'em. Off you trot and don't let the door hit your massively fat arses on the way out.

Read an interesting view point.

In Manchester you one half of the fans fuming with their owners regard the leverage debt model. The lack of infrastructure investment - arguably less of an issue the playing side. However these fans feel their owners have effectively asset stripped the club whilst doing that player investment.

The PL seem to be not bothered.

The other half have seen their owners transform the team - with player investment and infrastructure investment that by all accounts as transformed the  East side of Manchester. This being done with the owners own cash.

The PL are outrage by this approach.

Now I know it’s about the consequences of this and above is a simplistic view - esp Man City ground being built by the council etc

However, (Covid difficulties aside) our own owner found himself penalised and the club punished for using too much of his own cash to fuel success - from what to most sensible fans is a solid financial background. Arguably this left our owner unwilling to invest more in infrastructure than he probably intended. I form the view point DC would if allowed to spend been keener to upgrade parts of the ground quicker. 

Anyway thought it was an interesting view of the current situation and i see some parallels with our recent history regards finances.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, EBRA said:

Read an interesting view point.

In Manchester you one half of the fans fuming with their owners regard the leverage debt model. The lack of infrastructure investment - arguably less of an issue the playing side. However these fans feel their owners have effectively asset stripped the club whilst doing that player investment.

The PL seem to be not bothered.

The other half have seen their owners transform the team - with player investment and infrastructure investment that by all accounts as transformed the  East side of Manchester. This being done with the owners own cash.

The PL are outrage by this approach.

Now I know it’s about the consequences of this and above is a simplistic view - esp Man City ground being built by the council etc

However, (Covid difficulties aside) our own owner found himself penalised and the club punished for using too much of his own cash to fuel success - from what to most sensible fans is a solid financial background. Arguably this left our owner unwilling to invest more in infrastructure than he probably intended. I form the view point DC would if allowed to spend been keener to upgrade parts of the ground quicker. 

Anyway thought it was an interesting view of the current situation and i see some parallels with our recent history regards finances.

Yep. Glazers thrust club into debt and pocketed millions more than they've invested.

Citeh in order to catch up the "big" teams have no option but to be clever with accounting. FFP being well meaning but it's hamstringing clubs that want to have a chance of glory. ManU, Liverpool etc don't want competition as it stops them getting their automatic Champions League spot. One of reasons I wanted Toon (prior to that hack sticking it up us) was to piss them off.

Be interesting who buys into Liverpool & ManU seeing as they were so anti Newcastle ownership.

Edited by Ozzie

It seems all this has been kicked off by the trial of Rui Pinto coming to a close and his lawyer trying for a suspended sentence by getting Pinto to 'admit' he hacked into our old friends Doyen.

Pinto's football leaks site was the source Der Spiegel used to open the City PSG are cheating allegations that started the UEFA enquiry.