Fleetwood Mac-tch 2/3 - Match thread

• HoylandOwl changed the title to Fleetwood Mac-tch 2/3 - Match thread

Comments from DM:

George is 50-50 for the game, we don't expect to be without him for long, it all depends on his level of discomfort. Reece James is going to be out for a few weeks with ankle ligament damage

It's disappointing for us because Reece brings that versatility.

We've had Michael Hector in with us already, we're just taking a look. It's great to see him, give him that platform and he is an option. We are just taking it steady with him at this moment.

Fleetwood will be a real good test. On Boxing Day they were a solid outfit. You can see the quality of work Scott has done with the players. They are in good form and will be dangerous opponents

It's great to have Baz back out there training and have his enthusiasm back on the pitch. He's joined in training, sharp as ever but we are giving him the necessary volume first. It's been a good week for him

It’s been a bit disjointed. We are lacking someone who can retain possession in tight spaces. But, when we get into their final third, we cause problems - the issue is getting it there. Fleetwood are neat and tidy. If I am making a change I’d be tempted with Bakinson or Dele for Dennis. Or Dele for Gregory with Windass going up top.

To be honest. For 80 minutes it was comfortable. They never threatened Dawson, their possession was generally in front of us and we did fashion and create the better chances without us being at our best.

It changed with the introduction of Dele because the shape went. I’m not saying he’s a bad player, but he does have a job to do without the ball and he caused chaos when he came on, generally being stood in no man’s land when they had the ball.

I agree with @Andyben that we weren’t attempting possession football today especially without Byers and Bannan. Lots of positives though, thought the back three were excellent. Vaulks was again good and I thought Adeniran had a good second half. Dawson, whilst not busy, was assured.  Negs? Smith and Gregory lost the physical scrap, and it didn’t stick, which if you are being more direct is an issue.

We are displaying ways of winning without playing well which is a good strength. It’s another clean sheet, and in fairness, for 80 mins, a very comfortable afternoon despite not playing well.

• Like 1