An embargo at S2

4 hours ago, Dronowl66 said:

Has anybody any idea who the new investor / owner is ?

The invisible man isn't it? The last lot couldn't provide a money trail and this current lot (if they exist) haven't done either. 

Off the back of the embargo becoming public a few reasonable blades I know reckon the mystery buyer was a bluff by Poundland to try and gain more time

I mean I do think they look like a shoe-in for promotion, unfortunately.

However, IF the players salaries weren’t paid one month and a points deduction happened which in turn caused a bit of unrest, then, maybe they might implode.

The other option is a fire sale, but presumably a prospective buyer would/ could be put off by that or demand a lower price.

Grasping at straws a bit I know. It would be good to be back in the same league though, even if it’s hard to see them staying up if the got to the PL anyway- as things stand.

17 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I mean I do think they look like a shoe-in for promotion, unfortunately.

However, IF the players salaries weren’t paid one month and a points deduction happened which in turn caused a bit of unrest, then, maybe they might implode.

The other option is a fire sale, but presumably a prospective buyer would/ could be put off by that or demand a lower price.

Grasping at straws a bit I know. It would be good to be back in the same league though, even if it’s hard to see them staying up if the got to the PL anyway- as things stand.

They wouldn't get a points deduction.

They need to sell this month or the club sold to cover costs to May.

The Examiner reported a Q & A and the name raised was Joseph Portelli. Connections to property development in Malta - a place they have connections with sponsor wise.

Wouldn't take much to work out what he would be referred to by us 

Same Q & A referred to an issue with their Kop and some restrictions on numbers as a result, presume SAG and SYP involved with that

13 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The Examiner reported a Q & A and the name raised was Joseph Portelli. Connections to property development in Malta - a place they have connections with sponsor wise.

Wouldn't take much to work out what he would be referred to by us 

Same Q & A referred to an issue with their Kop and some restrictions on numbers as a result, presume SAG and SYP involved with that

Piggy ****? 

No? 😉

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Apparently Poundland Prince has reiterated he’s selling the club.

In the next 4 weeks 

He’s going to make some right coin on it.

What did he get it for? 10 million? He’s not put a penny in and relied on the parachute payments. He also not paid any of the bills that arose this year.

He’ll pay the money owed with the money from the Prem, and he’ll probably sell the club for around 100 million.

What you may not know is how close to admin they were without promotion. Literally on the precipice.

I don't see how he can sell it unless it's to an absolute numpty.

Anyone doing proper due diligence will see how much the club owes to 3rd party lenders and football creditors. 

There'll be fuck all to spend unless the new owners have deep pockets and their squad will be picked apart as other clubs go for Berge and Ndiaye and others. 

If they come straight back down then they'll be totally fucked, financially, and KM will be right about admin.

Edited by Tylluan

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Anyone doing proper due diligence will see how much the club owes to 3rd party lenders and football creditors. 

There'll be fuck all to spend unless the new owners have deep pockets and their squad will be picked apart as other clubs go for Berge and Ndiaye and others. 

If they come straight back down then they'll be totally fucked, financially, and KM will be right about admin.

Always fucking jam tomorrow being a Wednesday fan 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Hope so.  At the end of the day though, their new owners will be getting a Premier League club a lot cheaper than buying an established one.  For someone who knows what they’re doing in the transfer market, or who knows people who do, it could be an attractive proposition.  Hopefully they end up with a delusional looney.

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny. What an absolute whopper. Scored 4 goals for £25million or whatever it was he cost.. And while they're 'celebrating' with their few fans that could be bothered to go out in the rain, they concentrate on talking about Wednesday. Yet we're supposedly obsessed. 🤣

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

There was a piece in the Star about next season being the time for Brewster to show his 'quality' and the reason for his large transfer fee. 

That's because Ndiaye and Berge are being hawked round to try and generate money through their sale. 

Poundland thought he would have had concrete offers by now but no one seems interested. Shame.

6 hours ago, lobster said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-renew-payday-loan-from-vampire-bank-ahead-of-premier-league-return-4174273

In the Star 8th June . They need another loan to pay the promotion bonuses and pay off some of the transfer debts 

Funny part of that story was how the earlier loans being "satisfied" as per filings on Companies House got dem Blades excited it was a sign of new ownership and more investment.

Err no you were just getting even more debt.

Can see this bank owning a club via the back door one day

3 hours ago, Andyben said:

Wish we were in their shoes, to be honest.

I know some would be happier if we were owned by a local butcher and playing in rhe third division but you're wrong.

Tbf I am all for RB Wednesday

I think its the ones that moan about shirt prices or why season tickets are no longer ten bob, yet expect the owner to stump up £13m next season for us to compete that can't quite fathom their is no queue of local businesses ready to step in 

• Like 3

I don’t think people realise how very very close they got to admin last season. Far closer than we’ve ever been.

Even with the Prem money, it’s not improved. Every player of quality is available. I even got told they might lose Ndiaye for as little as 12 million. Berge is a higher fee because of his salary and he’ll be due a pay off.

If they don’t sort the ownership out, they will start August with a worse squad than they ended last season with.

16 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I don’t think people realise how very very close they got to admin last season. Far closer than we’ve ever been.

Even with the Prem money, it’s not improved. Every player of quality is available. I even got told they might lose Ndiaye for as little as 12 million. Berge is a higher fee because of his salary and he’ll be due a pay off.

If they don’t sort the ownership out, they will start August with a worse squad than they ended last season with.

Real shame that😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skamp said:

Fuck 'em. Hope they go bust and disband as long as their lot don't come down to Beautiful Out of Town Hillsborough and glory hunt off of us.

There'll be a half arsed attempt to set up a phoenix club. Then they'll realise how much it'll cost and find Sean Bean, Joe Allen, McCabe and everyone else they ask, disappearing when asked to put their hands in their pockets. 

Eventually the hardcore will fuck off to watch Sheffield FC, cos their home shirt is red, and try and claim it as their own. 

7 hours ago, KrolMong said:

Getting promoted really did save their skin, they'd have been in a proper mess if they hadn't gone up.

On 18/06/2023 at 21:13, Tylluan said:

There'll be a half arsed attempt to set up a phoenix club. Then they'll realise how much it'll cost and find Sean Bean, Joe Allen, McCabe and everyone else they ask, disappearing when asked to put their hands in their pockets. 

Eventually the hardcore will fuck off to watch Sheffield FC, cos their home shirt is red, and try and claim it as their own. 

Joe Allen?  Joe Elliott?