The Jim Magilton Derby match thread.... Oxford (H)

Reesh

Ipswich losing at Wycombe, Plymouth being held at home by Morecambe, Dingles one up v Burton.

Need to take advantage second half and hope the top two drop points.

Dingles are quietly going about their business and are on a good run. Need to win to keep that points difference between us both.  

Three rubbish performances on the trot. We are terrible without George Byers 

If this continues throughout to the new year, we need another Megson/Jones scenario as that's 3 performances from a side that will not get promoted this season.

I cannot believe I follow stats suggest Oxford had 0 clear cut chances what with the penalty miss and the open goal 

That is possibly the worst game I have ever seen in 43 years of watching Wednesday. How do the officials allow teams to just waste time and then we play down to that level. The crowd is shit no atmosphere I’ve witnessed better atmospheres when we’ve lost by six. I’ve got a fuckin chest infection feel like shit and dragged mesen out to sit in a freezing cold stadium to watch that bollox absolutely fumin 😡😡😡😡 sort it out Moore or I’m going to start boooing again 😡😡😡😡

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

That is possibly the worst game I have ever seen in 43 years of watching Wednesday. How do the officials allow teams to just waste time and then we play down to that level. The crowd is shit no atmosphere I’ve witnessed better atmospheres when we’ve lost by six. I’ve got a fuckin chest infection feel like shit and dragged mesen out to sit in a freezing cold stadium to watch that bollox absolutely fumin 😡😡😡😡 sort it out Moore or I’m going to start boooing again 😡😡😡😡

I've seen far worse than that tbh Happy....

Yeovil at Home against 9 men springs to mind straight away.

I’m getting pissed off with this now. Let’s be fair we were lucky to get a point at Exeter and we’ve been lucky to get a point today. The first touch of some our players is a joke, crossing is abysmal, set pieces are shite, passing to one another is hit and miss. Tactics and systems, you tell me!

It’s fucking shit and Moore isn’t changing anything. It’s the same pedestrian garbage every game. I thought without Bannan today we might have changed tactics or mixed things up a bit, but it looked just as shite as normal.

I try to back Moore even though I’ve never been convinced he’s the man to take this club forward - and the last 3 performances are taking me close to calling for his head again.

What’s being served up on the pitch is just not good enough!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

I've seen far worse than that tbh Happy....

Yeovil at Home against 9 men springs to mind straight away.

It wasn’t that boring though at least that had some red cards and a bit of something to get your teeth into shout about it’s just dull boring shit. Oxford fans were bollox 100 forest green rovers fans made more noise.

I don’t like the band but where the fuck did the drum come from at 72 minutes.

New staff on the bar in the grandstand couldn’t even pull a pint 😡😡😡

Best thing about today and the only one constant is the Beres pork sandwich and there was an atmosphere in there with the staff before the match as well. Bad bad day washing my antibiotics down with Stella now 😡😡😡

2 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

I’m getting pissed off with this now. Let’s be fair we were lucky to get a point at Exeter and we’ve been lucky to get a point today. The first touch of some our players is a joke, crossing is abysmal, set pieces are shite, passing to one another is hit and miss. Tactics and systems, you tell me!

It’s fucking shit and Moore isn’t changing anything. It’s the same pedestrian garbage every game. I thought without Bannan today we might have changed tactics or mixed things up a bit, but it looked just as shite as normal.

I try to back Moore even though I’ve never been convinced he’s the man to take this club forward - and the last 3 performances are taking me close to calling for his head again.

What’s being served up on the pitch is just not good enough!

Bells knows.

As long as Big Daz can play his pets he doesn't care, the unreedeming ****

That was chuffing freezing today. Nothing to warm us up at all. But as soon as I knew MK was there it was obvious it was going to go that way. 😜

We were so slow, predictable and awful in possession. Bakinson in particular was terrible with the ball, better without it. Vaulks was a body on the pitch, as was Windass who just didn’t seem bothered.

Gregory worked very hard, and got little reward in terms of balls into the right areas. Or little from the ref who didn’t mind him being ragged about.

McGuinness and Dawson were our best performers by a stretch. FDB was ok when he came on too; at least we had someone driving forward. 
Johnson’s cross which Smith missed by inches was a peach. 
overall though. It just wasn’t good enough.

Oxford weren’t good. If they were they’d have destroyed us. 

That's one of our best results of the season.  Not the performance, that was grotesque, but to play so absolutely terribly and not lose is just incredible.  Oxford weren't brilliant but they could control a football, all of them appeared to care and their midfield absolutely ran rings around ours.  We deserved nothing today. Including pay. 

I didn’t go today, like quite a number of Wednesdayites I’m just not excited about going any more.

Its such a contradiction at the moment, 3rd in the league, with the potential to move into an autos place, 100 goals this year etc, but the entertainment of the games isn’t there which is probably reflected by the atmosphere, although the atmosphere has been on the decline for a while.

Ive been pondering getting a half season ticket even though I’ve always vowed to not have one in the 3rd tier and after this run of games they made the decision easy (not to).

I like DM but he just doesn’t give me any confidence he can get the best out of this squad and if we managed to get in the Championship keep us going upwards.

If Dean Smith becomes available I’d say he was just the man, obviously no manager is a guarantee of success but I think he’s got the experience and the know how to get us out of this awful league. And you know what if we won 1-0 every game (obviously not going to happen) and we got promoted I would t care. Anything would feel more positive than how DM seems to setting us up even if he does put 3 strikers on the pitch at times.

The next two games are must wins now to get us out of this slump, particularly now the Dingles are reeling the top 3 in.

Edited by Tank_Owl2,0

I'm bored senseless watching us and it really pains me to say that. There is some good players at the club, but I don't think they're enjoying it.

I don't think for one minute Moore will get us automatic and while his "tactics " are costing us some of players aren't helping themselves. 

Today's game in isolation, Marv puts over best cross of game, but at other times he just smashed out of play. Gareth Bale 1 minute Gareth Ainsworth next.

Bakinson can look good 1 minute and in next like he's never seen a football.

FDB brushes past players with ease and then can't control his bladder and Windass is a shadow of himself. 

You can bet amongst themselves they have massive doubts about Moore

Paterson was fucking woeful today, no clue how he lasted the full 90. Game was crying out for Mighten or at the very least some creativity instead he has Famewo stripped off yet doesn't bring him on...

On an unrelated note, which OOer did I have in front of me? Front row of the grandstand, Barbour jacket, left with about 10 to go?

Edited by Otto_Man

Yes apologies all that I went to the game. Sat in the North for the first time in years and can confirm you a pretty miserable lot in there. 

To be honest there was more atmosphere at Burncross cemetery that I visited before the game than at S6. And better football.

Moore always goes on about the "value" of a full week on the training pitch, but in reality the performances are getting worse as a result of it. This time gives him chance to over think his over thinking. He has reached the maximum level of his abilities as a manager and with this squad.

Do you give a nice man more time. My view is no 

In the same way you did not give more time to a heart on sleeve Megson type.

As others have rightly said, it needs a change at the top, to re-ignite the self belief in this squad that for some unfathomable reason has waned in the past month.