The Wanderers of Bolton match thread

Not a place we tend to do too well but we need the win this time against the self confessed "Best team in the league" 

See https://the72.co.uk/253010/were-the-best-team-in-the-league-bolton-wanderers-boss-ian-evatt-makes-big-admission/

We beat them by the odd goal in October with Lee Gregory the match winner in a game where Kieran Lee got a rousing reception.

Bolton managed to come from a goal down last night v Pompey to secure a draw but suffered injuries to Kyle Dempsey, Dapo Afolayan and Ricardo Santos so could be understrength for the visit of the Wednesday

8 hours ago, MPB said:

Got a vague memory of a young "prospect" who chose Bolton over us....purely for the money....or have I dreamt that?

Seem to recall no one had heard of him until a random article appeared saying Manchester United were interested 

Think had that article not happened, he wouldn't have gone to Bolton 

52 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Yeah. 
But as others have said too… it might not have been the case had his injuries been managed properly about 5 years ago.

Certainly open for debate, seriously don’t know his injury record before he joined us, I mean was it all down to the Carlos era I’m not sure.

32 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

Certainly open for debate, seriously don’t know his injury record before he joined us, I mean was it all down to the Carlos era I’m not sure.

His injury record prior to joining us and prior to Carlos was almost none existent. 

Kieran Lee was injured when Dave Jones signed him. But… once he got fit, he very rarely missed a game until the hip issue under Carlos.

Cracking player though, make him 6 foot, and you’ve got a player who plays in the PL for a good side.

Just on tomorrows game, they’ve got a few missing, and away from home, we have done ok against footballing sides, it’s the shithouse teams who’ve done us. It’s a winnable game and from my reckoning, 12 points, I think, will do it. 

46 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Kieran Lee was injured when Dave Jones signed him. But… once he got fit, he very rarely missed a game until the hip issue under Carlos.

Cracking player though, make him 6 foot, and you’ve got a player who plays in the PL for a good side.

Just on tomorrows game, they’ve got a few missing, and away from home, we have done ok against footballing sides, it’s the shithouse teams who’ve done us. It’s a winnable game and from my reckoning, 12 points, I think, will do it. 

He is six foot. I know what you mean though, he always seemed small. 

Comments for the gaffer pre the game from the Wednesday twitter feed.

DM: Jordan Storey has been back with us this week and will be part of the squad. We are pleased to have him back

DM: Sylla Sow has picked up a knock in training and wont be in the squad. Dennis Adeniran and Lewis Gibson are back in training, taking part this week which has been great. Liam Palmer is back in and around the squad

DM: With Josh Windass, he will be a bit longer. He is making good progress, we think he is still probably another week to 10 days before he is back into training and we'll assess him from there. We have to make sure he is right

DM: We are very proud of our home form but we have to look to improve away to keep our momentum going. It will be a good game tomorrow, Bolton play some wonderful attacking football and they will come at us. We have done our work and we must be ready to stand up and be counted

DM: I can't stop the outside noise and the what ifs, I always maintain it's about the next game and securing the three points. When you look too far ahead and think of the what ifs, you can take your eye off the ball. There is a lot of football to be played

DM: Mentally and physically the players are in a good place, long may it continue. It will continue if they keep challenging and keep pushing each other. We need to keep those levels topped up, the challenge is there for each and every player

DM: Mentally and physically the players are in a good place, long may it continue. It will continue if they keep challenging and keep pushing each other. We need to keep those levels topped up, the challenge is there for each and every player

DM: It's great to see Barry getting the recognition and it shows where he has been at. A couple of weeks ago surpassed 300 games and nobody can argue with his contribution. Special praise to him. His goals, assists, the energy he brings, he is playing some of his best football

DM: Lee is a really important player for us and to have him back and see him scoring is great. If we continue to create, then the likes of Gregory, Saido, Paterson, will put the ball in the net. We need to keep supplying and creating

Being in Oz we're 9hours in front and the match is played in the early hours of Sunday morning .So it's great to wake up and go through the match thread page by page reading the line up then the match itself waiting for the Yessssss and the inevitable FFS,  love it and the new site too, back home next month though.

UTO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Wollongong Owl said:

Being in Oz we're 9hours in front and the match is played in the early hours of Sunday morning .So it's great to wake up and go through the match thread page by page reading the line up then the match itself waiting for the Yessssss and the inevitable FFS,  love it and the new site too, back home next month though.

UTO

Who needs sleep you should be watching it live on ifollow. But do get your point, always great to track back thru match threads and particularly the huge u turns of moods and opinions on players. The why is that pile of shit on the bench to what a master stroke to bring him on was

5 hours ago, Wollongong Owl said:

UTO

Glad you like it mate. 
UTO

12 hours ago, HarrySpeakup said:

Wndass will be like MacLean coming on a sub in the play off final

I said this to my kids then watched it with them 🙌🙌🙌 Ashes by Embrace still brings a tear to my eye at the end titles. 😢😢 great day and my wife was 6 months pregnant with our son at the game. That’s why he’s now a mad wednesdayite 🙌🙌🙌

9 minutes ago, HappyOwl said:

I said this to my kids then watched it with them 🙌🙌🙌 Ashes by Embrace still brings a tear to my eye at the end titles. 😢😢 great day and my wife was 6 months pregnant with our son at the game. That’s why he’s now a mad wednesdayite 🙌🙌🙌

The only time my lad has seen us win anything…. 
He was 8. 

it was an amazing day. 

Winning this year at Wembley if we could would just top the lot for me.

Just because I want to see us win something at Wembley with my boy there. He loved Wembley when we went before, yea the result pissed me off, but seeing Wednesday with him at Wembley will always stick with me, not everyone gets that chance.