Wednesday v Cheltenham match thread

Reesh

LMAO!

Anyway. 

We'll start with what the opposition are saying to their fans about the trip and how to get here.. There's also a BIT about us.

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2022/october/match-pack-sheffield-wednesday-a/

Head to head record.

Well, there's not much to go on, BUT... We've played them twice over the course of history.. Both last season.

Won 1 - Drawn 1

Away - 2-2 draw - This was one annoying game back in October 2021, the hosts led through Kyle Vassell in the 14th minute, but then when Chey Dunkley and a Matty Blair own goal seemed to give Wednesday the spoils, we sat back and let them come at us in the final minute and Blair atoned for his earlier error by levelling against his boyhood club, and the former club of his dad, Andy.

At S6 - We won 4-1 - At S6 in March, Alfie May put the visitors into a 4th minute lead before, Massimo Luongo restored parity, then second half strikes from Lee Gregory, before 2 goals in the final 7 minutes from Jack Hunt and George Byers in front of the Kop put the game beyond Cheltenham.

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

FortyFoot will be the Langsett Cycles post match days

They should insist on a no fucking lycra policy though. Its bad enough seeing some of the fat middle aged lads squeeze into an XXXL home shirt ne'er mind them showing their fruit and veg (which ironically they can't see)

Have to say when in Milan a couple of weeks back plenty of cyclists there, not one in lycra, barely any cycle helmets and some well fit lasses that could have a go on my Chopper 

37 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

They should insist on a no fucking lycra policy though. Its bad enough seeing some of the fat middle aged lads squeeze into an XXXL home shirt ne'er mind them showing their fruit and veg (which ironically they can't see)

Have to say when in Milan a couple of weeks back plenty of cyclists there, not one in lycra, barely any cycle helmets and some well fit lasses that could have a go on my Chopper 

They’re small sizes. Ffsake MK. Leave me alone. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Take a look at this link, if you want to read plenty of chat from the opposition's coaching team ahead of travelling to S6 tomorrow. 

Here's a little snippet...

"I don't think there will be any problems keying the players in. I'd imagine when the fixtures come out at the start of the year, Sheff Wed away would be one of the ones they look for. But we've earned the right to be going there. We have earned the right to go and compete with them on a level playing field. We certainly won't be going there and being passive."

Wednesday's pre game press conference is going to be shown live on the Official SWFC channel on YouTube from 2. 

If you want to watch it live, click HERE and refresh the page closer to the time and the link will appear.

I'll post the YouTube vid in here after it's been on for those who miss it / can't watch it live. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I’ll be watching via a dodgy TV provider following the birth of my 2nd son on Thursday afternoon 

First born is attending with his grandad 

Congratulations a win for the new owl 🦉 🙌🙌🙌💙💙💙

13 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I go on the basis Moore has no idea what he is doing so the opposition have no fuckin chance of working it out.

Going 3 5 2 with Mighten at RWB 

Mighten at right wing back and Ferry or Williams will have a field day. 

4-3-1-2 but we'll still be lightweight in the middle unless we overloading on the right to allow Johnson to overlap