Pilgrimage to Devon - Match thread

If fit enough, I’d play Gregory, even if it means resting him on Saturday.

If fit enough, I’d have Byers on the bench. Vaulks has done enough to retain his place. Although there may be a case for strengthening the middle by playing Byers, Vaulks and Bannan, and dropping Windass or Smith to accommodate. 

1 hour ago, M42Owl said:

If fit enough, I’d play Gregory, even if it means resting him on Saturday.

If fit enough, I’d have Byers on the bench. Vaulks has done enough to retain his place. Although there may be a case for strengthening the middle by playing Byers, Vaulks and Bannan, and dropping Windass or Smith to accommodate. 

We'd lose too much by dropping Windass for anyone, both in terms of his abilityh and the shape. We're in good form with Windass playing as a proper 10

If Byers comes in, its to be for one of Bannan or Vaulks

6 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Wilks offered slightly more pace up front and allowed us to go more direct at times. Gregory is a more intelligent player but Wilks worked well on the Port Vale beach so I'd stick with him. 

Why, we are playing on a carpet down at Home Park.

The nature of this game probably means it's a step too early for Byers and McGuinness. 

I wouldn't have dropped Smith or Windass for Gregory but he's a great addition to have on the bench.

I'd have kept Wilks on the bench though, at the expense of Mighten. Iorfa can cover a wing back role, with Hunt, and I think Wilks offers more up top than Mighten. 

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 1

No issues with that team. Nice balance to the midfield with Bannan as the 10 and Bakinson and Vaulks sitting. A fair amount of mobility and height too from set pieces with Ihiekwe, Heneghan, Smith and Bakinson.

Plus options from the bench both attacking and defending.

• Like 1